Miscellaneous Monday - Show us your most epic collection!

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2020

WE ARE ALL NERDS ! ! 🤓👏

Let's be honest... shall we? Deep down, we ARE nothing but a bunch of nerds.

Whether we're geeking out about the upcoming launch of Mariokart LIVE or the latest episode of The Boys, every single one of us has a passion they we care deeply about. 

And many times those passions are causing us to COLLECT any sort of tool, paraphernalia, or whatever it may be, that is associated with that passion.

💙😍

hobby_promo-jumbo-v2.gif

EPIC COLLECTIONS 🤖🧸🎮🎱

That is what the latest Miscellaneous Monday is all about - YOUR PASSIONS!

In particular I wanna see the tangible COLLECTION(S) that are a result of that passion!

To help inspire and stimulate, herewith my own collection:

Ever since I was a kid I have loved all types of puzzles, but in particular the RUBIK'S CUBE! I would lose countless hours trying to come up with my own algorithms to solve it (nothing ever worked) but as an adult I finally succumbed and just looked it all up online. Several years ago I finally did it and solved my first every 3x3 without having to refer to the manual.

Rubix_01.jpg

Since that moment it's gone a bit overboard... I've learnt how to swap corners, rotate/swap centre pieces (making epic patterns), learnt the 2x2, 4x4, Mirror Cube, Rubik's Tower and now I am busy with learning the Megaminx by heart (12 bloody sides; plenty of parities... ppppffff!!!!). I also discovered that the kids 2x2 is damn bloody hard if one tries to solve the Monkey face immediately AFTER the Yellow side. #NERD

This is definitely my most epic collection that I have at home and once I finally nail down the Megaminx, it will only continue to grow as my thirst & desire for more complex & more inspiring Rubik shapes magnify!

So, I've now show everyone mine; time for you to show us yours!

Rubix_02.jpg

5 comments

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

Post a new discussion

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2020

That's a cool topic and I like the rubik's cube collection!

When I was younger I collected (of course) panini sticker from the world cups and "Guiness World Record" Books. But in the year 2014 I have stopped for unexplainable reasons...  In retrospect this is very sad :( 

IMG_5673.jpeg

Like Andy - PTC Redundant likes this
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 28, 2020

Apparently, some people call these "vinyls":

Screenshot 2020-09-28 at 15.20.59.png

Like # people like this
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2020

You know my true passion for cooking, but the dirty little secret behind that is that I own way too many things that I rarely (or never use) in my cooking. I just love the way they look, and the minute I see something curious or funny, I just can't hold myself!

I make cookies only on Christmas, but I have a ton of cookie cutters, cake cutters, muffin pads, muffin tins (in the past 3 years I made muffins well... once?!).

Till there is space in my kitchen, I won't stop! :D 

IMG_9730.jpg

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 28, 2020

Last year I handmade a Rubik's Cube plushie as a Secret Santa gift for a team mate. It was a fun little project using 6 pieces of felt, a destroyed pillow, and black embroidery thread.

Sunan Sherph April 7, 2021

When you mention "few more variations till they're fully eliminated as you can see", how will bamboo control Elastic Agents while AMI aid is removed?

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

Post a new discussion

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events