Miscellaneous Monday - Odd presents

Viewing page 2 of 2

33 comments

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

Post a new discussion

Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2020

A couple of years back, I got a wall outlet mounted power strip with built in usb ports. I was like uhhhhhhh.......

Then I became helplessly dependent on it, and ended up getting 3 more. Now i've converted all the outlets in my kitchen to have built in USB LOL.

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2020

That's awesome @Jeff Tillett 

I wanted to have them all over the house, but we have black and red electricity cabling, which wouldn't be the best thing apparently!

Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2020

My partner's sister bought him these.  So not really a gift to me, but they were in the 'stuff' moved into my house, with a "do you really need these?" 
Short answer Yes!  Scrambled eggs in a minute, no dirty pan, & perfect size for english muffins.  They're amazing.

eggcooker.jpg

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 2, 2020

Awesome! I have an egg cooker that makes perfect dippy eggs every time (something, alas, I haven't mastered!):

Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 2, 2020

I am *not* a fan of runny eggs!  LOL.  But I am glad you found a way!

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 2, 2020

I am NOT a fan of eggs full stop, or rather they don't like me! But apparently my ineptitude at being able to cook them shouldn't stop my husband being able to eat them!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 2, 2020

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ESME! Great article! While there was a similar one at Christmas about your worse gift this is a really cool spin on that. I had to really think back (which is hard for me at my age) on my birthdays to come up with this one.

I don't recall which birthday it was...

I do a lot of wood working and I was in the process of building frames for some shadow boxes. When I opened it I thought...i don't need this thing. Well after quite a few builds I realize just how handy it can be. I have used it since for corn hole boards, cabinets, frames, etc.

Like # people like this
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 2, 2020

Thanks @Jack Brickey 

That's a really cool little gadget!

Valerie Palmer April 2, 2020

Happy birthday!!  My bday was on the 29th and it was wonderful celebrating in quarantine!  

quarantine bday.jpg

Like nina_schmidt likes this
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 2, 2020

Happy birthday for 29th @Valerie Palmer 

My mother gave us our presents over the garden wall! It was quite amusing! Then I spent most of the rest of the day blasting out music! Just because I'm 40 now doesn't mean that I need to act like it!

Like # people like this
nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 3, 2020

Same problem at the 15th 😢

Jisu Oh April 2, 2020

Wait, it was your birthday when we had the meetup? happy late bday @Esme Crutchley  and hope you had a blast(for sure in the garden with music!)!

So interesting gift... my best friend got me sudoku toiletroll for housewarming gift(it was reciprocating gift from her side as i got her the same for her housewarming, following tradition at home)

Well.. now it's finally finally paying off 🧻

Like Esme Crutchley likes this
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 3, 2020

Thank you for my birthday wishes @Jisu Oh - yup, April 2nd, all day and various Summit events!!

That's an amazing present! I might have to look for some for gifts for Christmas!

Like Jisu Oh likes this
Vinod Ramadoss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2020

Good one @Esme Crutchley , i once recieved this weird gift, if i remember it right it was a new year present, and the gift by itself was a sqeeze stress ball, however the strange part was that puking yellow yolk stress ball.

I had this unpleasant feeling at first, and had doubts how can this relieve stress, but sooner i realized it was awesome, i not only used it to releive stress but also scare away people in my family with that yellow yolk that pops out :)

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 3, 2020

That's amazing @Vinod Ramadoss 

Being able to squeeze things in times of stress, especially to scare family off, sounds like a win win!

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2020

Got this and thought it was odd but it works great.

Angry Mama Microwave Cleaner

477f39ba-1e16-4d19-a995-a80c37250504_1.4dfc01fd01df31e4aeb3c7f7603f3fc3.jpg

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2020

Snap! I have it in purple!

Screenshot 2020-04-24 at 19.48.54.png

Like Brant Schroeder likes this
Veronique DUFOUR November 16, 2020

I received a pineapple slicer a few years ago and only used it now, 3 times during past month or so and it works well, it is easy to clean and do not take too much space in a kitchen drawer. Now I crave for pineapple !!

r.png

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

Post a new discussion

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events