Miscellaneous Monday - Let's go nutz for... D0NUtZ πŸ©πŸ’–

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2021

I scream, you scream, we all scream for...

D0NUtZ!!

I mean... what else, am I right?? 

D0Nutz1.gif

They are absolutely bloody awesome! A flavour for everyone & a format for everyone - gluten free, sugar free - there is just literally a donut out there for every single human being throughout the whole world! πŸ©πŸ’™

This year for Lent I gave up chocolate 🍫 beer 🍺 and binge eating 🍴 it was going really well until about day 30 when I realised that whilst my favourite donuts are with chocolate, there are SO many varieties with absolutely no chocolate or beer in them... so I had TWO. Yummy!

I had to be out of house for critical business and suddenly I realise: "OMGosh... I am two metro stops from my favourite donut shop in all of the Netherlands!" So I took the extra 10min... TWICE. On route there, on route back. Mega LOLz! 🀀😁

D0nutz.jpg

Tell us your favourites!!

Donuts definitely seem to be a world wide phenomenon... I struggle to think of a single place (other than maybe the Amazon and the Antarctic...) that don't have them, and I've genuinely never heard of anyone say they hate or dislike donuts. Maybe due to the variety?

So what is your favourite donut flavour?

What is your favourite donut shop or chain?

Maybe you have a small Mama & Papa Shop local to you that is a MUST for all and everyone needs to put it on their Bucket List?

Perhaps you hate donuts? And that's OK! We're family here on Community.... we won't snub you for it.

You might even have some special dietary requirements, and whilst you love donuts, perhaps you need special recipes so you can enjoy them?

I've got some cool comments to add to this thread, but you go FIRST!

D0Nutz2.gif

9 comments

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

Post a new discussion

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2021

Nice thread @Andy - PTC Redundant 

Although I am not a very big fan of Donuts since we have a lot of other yummy desserts in India. But I do like to have donuts some times.

Mostly I get it from "Mad Over Donuts" or sometimes from "Dunkin' Donuts".

I usually like to have these two flavors:

Rainbow-surprise (mainly due to the multi colored sprinkles on it)

rainbow-surprise.jpg

Choco bomb (this one has lots of chocolate)choco-bomb.jpg

Like β€’ # people like this
Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2021

I like Donuts from "Mad Over Donuts" too smile

Ash Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2021

I have donut PTSD as in my younger days when I worked for a well known pizza chain, we used to do pizza swaps for a Krispy Kreme.

It started as a once off thing, then as we all enjoyed this new found trade deal - it became more frequent until it got to a point where we had to ban the trade.

So if anyone asks (me), there is such a thing as too many donuts.

I do enjoy a really nice gourmet pie though. Steak, bacon and onion.

569762.jpg

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2021

Donuts are my biggest weakness in the food pyramid. If they are around, I WILL eat them. All of them eventually. I have never thrown away a donut in my life. This is the King Kong Cronut - Maple icing, cream cheese filling and bacon on top!

King Kong Donut.png

Andrew Kendris
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2021

I'm with you @John Funk - I can't through away a doughnut and this piece of art you are shared it just incredible! 

Like β€’ John Funk likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2021

I'm going to be a total let-down here.  I have no interest in doughnuts.  If I feel like a sugary snack (unusual, as I vastly prefer savoury stuff), they're an option, but I'll usually pick up something else.

When I do go for one, there's a clear favourite - simple filled ones.  Strawberry jam or dark chocolate fondant centered ones are the only doughnuts I eat.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2021

Like @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- I vastly prefer savory over sweet.

My idea of a dessert after a nice steak dinner is another steak. πŸ˜‚

In the last month I've had 1.5 doughnuts thanks to a promotion a shop is doing - every Monday, you can stop in for a free small coffee and doughnut. I'm in it for the caffeine, naturally.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2021

Yeah, when the pudding or dessert round happens when eating out, I'm straight past it on to the cheese-board.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2021

Nothing wrong with cheese!

Like β€’ Dave Liao likes this
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2021

The world-famous Round Rock Donut from Lone Star Bakery where I live in Round Rock, TX is my absolute favorite of all time,

Even Our Doughnuts Are Champions! - Round Rock TX

just beating out Southern Maid (from my childhood), and Shipley.  Despite many people raving about them, I do not find Krispy Kreme donuts tasty at all.  Cheers all!!  :doughnut:

Oh and FWIW, that’s a regular Round Rock donut sitting on top of their β€œTexas Donut” on the homepage of the Round Rock Donut site.  The Texas Donut is a dozen-in-one donut and I can tell you from experience, it's a _lot_ of donut. laugh

texas donut.jpeg

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2021

Totally forgot about those orange-y Round Rock Donuts! I was surprised by their coloration in real life πŸ˜‚

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2021

I would love a shot at that one   lol

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2021

The eggs come fresh from the farm and are never refrigerated which adds extra yellow color to the batter.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2021

Ah, the more you know!!

Hana KučerovÑ
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2021

Let me introduce my favorite - chocolate with chocolate on chocolate...

donut.jpg

Isha April 19, 2021

I no longer eat donuts but when I was a kid I loved Custard-filled

donuts. Click on the link to learn How To Make Custard Filled Doughnuts.

Andrew Kendris
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2021

Krispy Kreme had a special going on for a while with these Oreo "Over the Top" doughnuts.  I had one and it was....amazing.  

The photos don't do it justice but I need to share with the community what art looks like in doughnut form πŸ˜„ 

krispy kreme oreo doughnut.png

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2021

Oh wow, that looks way better than their Oreo Cookies and Kreme that they have now...

Like β€’ Andrew Kendris likes this
Andrew Kendris
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2021

That's right @Dave Liao - after one of these it was a sugar crash for me.  It's a shame they only had these available temporarily (well, maybe it's a good thing πŸ˜‰)

Like β€’ Dave Liao likes this
Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2021

Wow, it looks so yummy 

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

Post a new discussion

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events