Miscellaneous Monday - Just another Manic Monday?

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2022

Good Monday to All!

For many of us, Monday is the first day of the work (that four letter word!) week - but it certainly isn't our favorite or most productive. The Bangles were right when they sang about Manic Monday...

It's just another manic Monday (Woah, woah)
I wish it was Sunday (Woah, woah)
'Cause that's my fun day (Woah, woah, woah, woah)
My I don't have to run day (Woah, woah)
It's just another manic Monday

Which gets me thinking, what is your most productive day of the week, and why isn’t it Monday? Do you get the Sunday Scaries preparing for Monday? How about the Monday Melnacholy, Tuesday Terrors, Wednesday Worries, Thursday Threats, or Friday Fuzzies?

Since productivity can be both personal and professional, post your answers below. I'll chart this out as responses come in and illustrate what our best days of the week look like. Feel free to post your response via text or a meme/gif that expresses your best personal and professional days of the week.

*Bonus read - If days of the week were people.

30 comments

Comment

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2022

Professional: Tuesday. Always a great day to kick off a new project or set goals that can still be accomplished that week. I used to pack my Tuesday with meetings so that I would have the remainder of the day + three more days to accomplish.

Personal: Saturday. It's a hard reset day for me, and looks nothing like the other 6 days of the week. I accomplish more personally on a Saturday than I may in the previous or following six days combined.

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 7, 2022

Thanks for the article @Andy Gladstone . Actually Monday is quite productive for me largely because I'm forced into working meetings. Maybe not my most productive which, like you, is generally Tuesday for me. And for sure Saturdays for my personal to dos.

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 7, 2022

@Jack Brickey glad to have a brother in arms!

Like # people like this
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 7, 2022

This is SUCH a great question... I genuinely don't think I have one particular day. It is really tied to my mood swings. I think the code behind that looks like this:

10 while andy = :oD
11 productivity +++
101 while andy = >:o(
102 ^middle finger emoji^

As an example, the past three calendar days I've been in top form and quite productive!
🏆🌟👍

But then a few weeks ago had a meltdown and got very little done, as I totally flat-lined.
It just happened to be over a Tuesday through Thursday period, unrelated to day of the week.
I've had weekends like that too, so no scientific relativity or statistics it.
🤬🖕

LineCharts.gif

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 7, 2022

@Fun Man Andy I suspected that you were not going to be able to choose just one day. Glad you're back in PROD mode now that you worked out the bugs in BETA.

Like Fun Man Andy likes this
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 7, 2022

Your suspicions were well founded! hahaha!

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
John Funk March 7, 2022

We have a company-wide staff meeting for an hour every Monday morning. Despite that, it is probably a toss up between Monday and Tuesday for my most productive day. It really depends on which day ends up with more meetings being added to it. 

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 7, 2022

@John M Funk do the meetings make you more or less productive?

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 8, 2022

Depends on the meeting but generally less productive. 

1. Because I am not getting any work done

2. I usually get more work as a result of the meetings (with the exception of Staff meeting)

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
March 7, 2022

"why isn’t it Monday" hahahaha. 

Professional: Actually Mondays tend to be a meeting-light day for me so they are often productive! Although last week I was super productive on Thursday so I guess my brain likes to keep me guessing.

Personal: Sundays. I love spending the day getting ready for the week ahead! 

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 7, 2022

@Monique vdB someone's gotta show some love to Monday, thanks for being the one. 😉

Like # people like this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro March 7, 2022

Hahahaha, so funny description about weekdays, @Andy Gladstone

Thank you for the post! 🥳 👏🏽 

Professional: So, my favorite day to organize my thoughts and plans is Monday; seriously! 😁  I feel more engaged and confident to take the best feelings to the week come through and evolve as I can.

Personal: I loveeeee Saturday Mornings; it is so fresh and special. As like the weekend could have four days, LOL. 😅 I don't know why, but I fulfill my heart with new ideas, adventures, or even new places to meet. I think I recharge my batteries.

Have a lovely week, everyone!! 😃 ❤️

* I'm still praying for world peace and especially for Ukraine. 💛 🙏🏽 

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 8, 2022

@Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro Saturday morning cartoons as a kid were the reason that it was the best day of the week! Nothing like waking up early and eating a big bowl of cereal as my brain was turned into the same consistency!

Like # people like this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro March 8, 2022

Oh my God, @Andy Gladstone

I think you reminded me why!🥳
I didn't know why, but it perfectly fits your memory's description, LOL, with the same consistency! 🤩
I ate cereal watching cartoons on Saturday mornings; I usually woke up very early and looked forward to this moment!
Seriously, thank you for bringing this to the table!🙏🏽 😃 🤗

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 7, 2022

We have a company-wide staff meeting for an hour every Monday morning. Despite that, it is probably a toss up between Monday and Tuesday for my most productive day. It really depends on which day ends up with more meetings being added to it. 

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 8, 2022

Results have been tallied!

Picture1.JPG

Like # people like this
Karthick S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 30, 2022

😇

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 8, 2022

Great "miscellaneous" topic @Andy Gladstone!

Yes, I'm aware that it is Tuesday....

From a professional level, Mondays suck for me.  I'm usually bombarded with requests from people who "meant to reach out the week before".   Monday for me is usually about organizing all the work and setting expectations with people on turn around time.

I have worked things out that Wednesday is "meeting day" which is nice because Tuesday and Thursday are equally productive days for me and I get a ton of work done on those days.

Friday ends up being a mixture of critical issues and me deciding to end the day early due to extra hours earlier in the week/month.

On a personal level, Friday nights are usually when I end of having the most free time to get video recordings done.

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 9, 2022

@Jimmy Seddon a reply from you is welcome any day of the week. 

Your description of Monday is a perfect dove-tail to the one from the blog post I linked to:

Monday is the bank teller who goes on break when there are 6 people in line. She openly sees that people are waiting and instead strands her coworker in solitary misery. The line then takes 13 minutes longer and you ponder switching banks the entire time, later deciding that it isn’t worth the effort. Monday is rude and selfish and seems to sneak up on you and smack you in the face at every possible moment.

Thanks for sharing! Have a Wonderful Wednesday!

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 9, 2022

Good one, @Andy Gladstone 

Professional:

giphy

Personal:

giphy

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 9, 2022

Ooohhh @Kristján Geir Mathiesen love the Tron 1982 themed gifs! I assume you fight for the users!

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 9, 2022

Too lazy to write and still stoked about the 80's...  :)

Like # people like this
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 11, 2022

Best response ever......!!!

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 10, 2022

Sorry, I saw this post late! But, great topic @Andy Gladstone  and great to read responses from fellow leaders!

For me, the productive days go like:

Professional : Tuesday or Thursday

Personal: Saturday

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 10, 2022

I think most days are very productive but would say Monday is usually one of the best for me.  I come to work rejuvenated from the weekend and ready to move things forward.

Like # people like this
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2022

Currently working on a night shift.

Monday seems quite great to me as when everyone is rushed onto work, I am still sleeping or having a great sip of coffee in a cafe XD

Like # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 11, 2022

Thank you for starting this thread dear @Andy Gladstone 

My professional productivity day:

And personal productive days are weekends with hosting Atlassian community events, drafting my version 2 book writings & Tarot reading practices, movie and family dinner time.

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2022

@Andy Gladstone oh no... ear worm, I have the song flying through my head now...

Like # people like this
Belto
Atlassian Team
March 22, 2022

I'll have to say Thursday since it's "Friday-eve" and gives me a burst of energy knowing that

Thursday meme | Fandom

Like # people like this
Karthick S
Atlassian Team
March 30, 2022

😁

Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2022

yeahhhhhh 🎉

Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 22, 2022

Though I like Friday when compared to Monday, I personally feel I am more productive on a Monday than on a Friday 
😂

images.jpeg

Like # people like this
Elizabeth Barr
Atlassian Team
March 23, 2022

Aaaaand now the song is in my head. On a Wednesday. I don't even mind!

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2022

And I got their Hazy Shade of Winter stuck in my head just yesterday when an electronic slow mix version was queued up in my random playlist on YouTube Music!

You're welcome!

Like # people like this
Elizabeth Barr
Atlassian Team
March 23, 2022

While the clothes and the cars were a bit, uhm, interesting, the 80s sure had some good jams.

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
March 24, 2022

I spend enjoy my Sunday  knowing the fact that tomorrow is Monday. So I am prepared to handle the busy day with right spirit. So , Monday is just another day. :)  

Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2022

Getting mentally prepared is a good thing to face a Monday🙂

Karthick S
Atlassian Team
March 25, 2022

I personally feel there is no such. As it all depends upon how the day is. (any major incidents, backlogs, number of resources available on the day, etc.) 

Like # people like this
Çiğdem Büyükaşik
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 19, 2022

That's the same for me too, very hard to see a pattern based on days, which brings its own excitement :) 

James Richards
Atlassian Team
April 4, 2022

I don't know why, but from about 2pm Friday I get the most done.

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 9, 2022

Personal - Sunday because that's where we have the most fun with friends

Professional - Most of my friends are my colleagues, so productivity is always a rational factor on how the mood is set in the office, mostly on Tuesdays and Wednesdays!!

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2022

Each day of a week is a good day if you love your work ;)

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 27, 2022

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 24, 2022

Monday is coming.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events