Miscellaneous Monday - Get Down with Ya Bad Self

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2018

I'm embarrassed to admit that I have a bonafide theme song. Well, I am not so much embarrassed as my family is embarrassed when my song comes on the radio, I crank it up as loudly as I can, and yell the lyrics at the top of my lungs. This song has been played for me at birthday celebrations and other events...

That song, ladies and gentlemen, is Survivor's Eye of the Tiger

The one caveat though is that you have to replace all the hits in the beginning of the song with MEG! MEG! MEG! MEG!!!!! MEG MEG MEEEEEEEGGGG! MEG MEG MEEEEEEEEEG!

If you had to have a song played when you enter the room, what would it be? Something epic, awe-inspiring, or just plain silly? 

giphy

9 comments

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

Post a new discussion

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2018

I'm not embarrassed by my theme song, you shouldn't be either...

https://youtu.be/hM5UJvnbbuY

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2018

Very slinky, I like it!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
May 14, 2018

Wow, great song @Scott Theus! I love Jack White. 

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2018

That's pretty funny! I've never thought of having a theme song for myself. Maybe Green Onions by Booker T and the MGs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bpS-cOBK6Q

Like # people like this
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2018

That's a sweet choice. 

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
May 14, 2018

I'm going with "Don't Stop Me Now"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgzGwKwLmgM

🤘🏽

Like Fabienne Gerhard likes this
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2018

Have you ever seen Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt? This is giving me a very Kimmy montage.

I'm imagining you traipsing down the road with chaos around you, and you're just smiling as Freddie is just crooning in the background. 

Monique vdB
Community Manager
May 14, 2018

I have! In fact if there was a such thing as a "theme GIF" mine would come from Kimmy Schmidt:

alreadydudsomething.gif

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2018

<3 Titus

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2018

Didn't have one up to now, but what comes to my mind spontaneously is "Heroes" by David Bowie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBuwC4VJi50

Like Fadoua likes this
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2018

Aw, that's an excellent theme song. 

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 14, 2018

Hmmm - I now realise I am without a theme song. I must ponder this and rectify the situation! 

I often have theme songs with a recent one being I Lived - One Republic as it sums up the kind of parent I want to be.

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2018

I'm not crying, you're crying ;-;

All the feels. 

Like Kat Warner likes this
Heth Siemer
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 17, 2018

Haterz by Todrick Hall.

One of my favorite quotes is "Haters make us famous" and I feel like this song encompasses that.

Plus every time I watch any of this videos (like LOW ft. RuPaul) you can't help but feel fierce!

Image result for fierce todrick hall gif

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2018

I don't know how I missed this, but Todrick is the bomb. 

LeKisha Boswell June 4, 2018

@Meg Holbrook thanks for this post - it certainly challenged me!

After an entire 60 seconds - I can only think of Destiny's Child's "Survivor" and I find the chorus most relevant to my life than the song as a whole but nevertheless a good one to make a grand entrance into any room...

"I'm a survivor
I'm not gon' give up
I'm not gon' stop
I'm gon' work harder
I'm a survivor
I'm gonna make it
I will survive
Keep on survivin"

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2018

I'm imagining you strutting into a room lit up with spotlights and fans, so fierce! 

RIP Destiny's Child. I'm pretty sure Say My Name is one of my favorite breakup songs of all time. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 10, 2018

I don’t know how I missed this. Thanks to this years advent calendar  Thomas has helped me find it!

without a doubt Peter Gunn! I can see my cool self doing the Pink Panther walk down the hall. 😂

Like # people like this
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2018

You're just too cool @Jack Brickey

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 10, 2018

@Meg Holbrook, well Eye of the Tiger was taking so... ;-)

Like Meg Holbrook likes this
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 11, 2018

Well, my internal theme song, one whose message I try to take to heart, is Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd.

I suspect, however, my close friends would probably say my theme song should be I Can't Drive 55 by Sammy Hagar.

:-)

Like Meg Holbrook likes this
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2018

The Deftones did a cover of Simple Man that I love possibly more than anything on this earth. Great song, great message. 

Like LarryBrock likes this

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

Post a new discussion

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events