Miscellaneous Monday - Favorite Cartoons

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2022

Happy Monday to all those that celebrate! 😁 (As many of you know, I am not a big Monday fan!)

I couldn't let a Monday go by without a Miscellaneous Monday post, and I know that @Fun Man Andy has been busy folding his Speedos (do they even need folding?) and getting them ready for Team '22. So I'm jumping in to fill a gap that is frankly larger than one Andy can make up for.

So here's my thought on this Miscellaneous Monday - which has been inspired by my recent interaction with @Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro.

What's your favorite cartoon from when you were a kid? Some of us are from the Jetsons/Flinstones/Yogi the Bear generation, others from He-Man/She-ra/Transformers and even some from the Dora/Diego generation! 

Here's the rules - no text responses! You may only post a picture/gif/meme from your favorite cartoon, and then it's up to the rest of us to guess what your favorite cartoon was!

OK? READY?

Then Autobots Roll Out!

65 comments

Comment

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
March 21, 2022

"to all those that celebrate!" hahahaha

I have an aversion to (some) cartoons as an adult and have not yet been able to figure out why. Theories are very welcome! I just like, kind of hate cartoons? Except Disney movies are fine and I enjoyed My Little Pony when my kid was into it. I don't even understand my own rules. But it has kept me from Bob's Burgers, Bojack Horseman, Stephen Universe, and other shows my friends enjoy. It's a mystery for the ages. 

When I was a kid though I loved cartoons! My favorites were The Smurfs and Jem and the Holograms. Truly outrageous! 

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2022

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2022

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2022

The only text I'm going to write is I can't have just one, so you will get a few:

Like # people like this
Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2022

My First Cartoon/Anime was Hungry Heart Wild Stricker which is also my all-time favourite:

download.jpeg

Like # people like this
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2022

@Andy Gladstone 🌟📃✍️👌🏆🥇👏

GIF_thunder2.gifezgif.com-gif-maker(2).gif

Like # people like this
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2022

A GIF from the actual cartoon is too easy to guess... it's so obvious once one sees it. So tried a cryptic puzzle in GIFs. (Still too obvious though... LOL)

Here's the close second place from my childhood... it's not really a puzzle; again, super obvious
GIF_Teenage.gifGIF_Mutant.gif

GIF_Ninja.gifGIF_Turtle.gif

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2022

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2022

@Jimmy Seddon this is how my son learned his colors.... lol.

Like # people like this
Belto
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2022

Inuyasha Miroku GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Like # people like this
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2022

😁

giphygiphy

giphygiphy

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 14, 2023

@Max Foerster - K15t - did you see that Animaniacs is coming back to Hulu??

Like # people like this
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 14, 2023

Whaaaaaaaat? 😲

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 15, 2023
Like Max Foerster - K15t likes this
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 15, 2023

Thank you, Amanda! :D 

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2022

Like # people like this
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 24, 2022

That subtitle tho'... you are a legend @Dave Liao 🌟 👌

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 24, 2022

@Fun Man Andy right? It was a double good find

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro March 22, 2022

Hahahaha, awesome!

A bit of text, may I? 😋  To be mentioned in your post, it's such an honor for me, @Andy Gladstone

AKI GIFS: Gifs animados Caverna do Dragão (Desenho Animado)Ursinhos Carinhosos | Wiki | Furry Português AminoCheetara GIF - Thunder Cats - Descubre & Comparte GIFs15 Desenhos animados que fizeram muito sucesso nos anos 80, e que continuam  em nossos corações / IncrívelOs 20 melhores desenhos animados dos anos 1980 e 1990 - Revista Bula

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2022

YESSS!!!! D&D the cartoon was hilarious!!!

Like # people like this

I FULLY agree with you, @Jimmy Seddon

Like # people like this
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2022

D&D in my Top 5, that's for sure!!

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2022

Summary Post

Assuming that everyone in here enjoyed these cartoons in their original run (not re-runs on the Cartoon Network or in syndication), we are a group that are children of the 80's (best cartoon generation ever!).

Removing the Looney Tunes outlier (which I assume we all saw in syndication) and the newest entry, Inuyasha, the average run of our favorite cartoons was 1987-1991. 

Picture1.png

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2022

LOVE this!  Thanks for posting the summary @Andy Gladstone!

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2022

Data-driven entertainment!

Like # people like this

OMG, it's fabulous @Andy Gladstone

I LOVE this too!

Thank you! 🤩

p.s: Now, I daydreamed on Saturday morning with my cereal bowl, waiting to watch my favorite Cartoons. 😁

Like # people like this
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2022

BRILLIANT ! ! 🌟💫👏

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 23, 2022

Love it!  Thanks @Andy Gladstone 

Like # people like this
Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2022

(bit late, but does this count as a cartoon?)

200.gif

Like # people like this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro March 23, 2022

hahahah @Alex Waite 

I love it!

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2022

852556EA-B1F9-42F2-96E9-193BD81955A9.gif

DBE6F759-C9A0-4342-AC90-B6AE39009D7E.gif

25F98FF5-97FB-4394-B5CF-C64842E2814F.gif

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 23, 2022

@Jack Brickey me toooooo.... Love Wile E Coyote

Like # people like this
Elizabeth Barr
Atlassian Team
March 23, 2022

batmantheanimatedseries.gif

Like # people like this
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 24, 2022

Oh my god, yes! That one was awesome. 😁

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2022

I watched a lot of Looney toons, scooby-doo, scrappy-doo, he-man, gi joe and godzilla / godzuckie.  I remember Saturday mornings being very exciting because we were able to watch cartoons and eat cereal.  Never realized it was probably more exciting to my mother who got to sleep in and not make breakfast.  

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2022

Shout out to all of the Moms that let us break the rules and eat in front of the TV while watching cartoons!

Like # people like this
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 24, 2022

No breakfast in front of the TV but cartoons in the morning were okay. 😁

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 23, 2022

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2022

Me walking past my kitchen pantry with cookies in it. Every time.

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 28, 2022

Me too @Andy Gladstone me too!

Like # people like this
meghna_singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 24, 2022

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 28, 2022

I forgot about Dexter, might have to try and find that to watch it with my kids.

Like Saralie S. likes this
Rémi BERNIÈRES
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 30, 2022

And the french voice of Dee-dee in Dexter's laboratory is Dorothee Pousseo, also known for Overwatch Tracer's voice

Evangeline Black March 24, 2022

MV5BM2Y2M2EzZmItNTljNS00NTQ3LTgyYmEtZWU2ZmUwNjljZjVhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjgxNDg5NTM@._V1_QL75_UY281_CR93,0,190,281_.jpgi-bylo-sobie-zycie-komiks-serce.jpg

Like # people like this
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 25, 2022

I just recently learned that the series is French. I enjoyed watching it, it was very well known in Germany, and I recently learned that it was also a hit in Israel. My partner grew up with it as well. I wonder where else the series explained life to children. 😁

Like # people like this
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
March 24, 2022

heman.gif

Like # people like this
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
March 24, 2022

I used to love this show. 

Karthick S
Atlassian Team
March 25, 2022

Tom And Jerry Gif - IceGif

Crayon shin chan gifs – Artofit

Like # people like this
Rémi BERNIÈRES
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 30, 2022

A old time Tom and Jerry serries :D

Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 25, 2022

Thundercats fan

6cacd5f3425871579e8f67e679d2ea60.gif

Like # people like this
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 25, 2022

Missed out on Robotech / Macros

ced05bd81c35829cd14219c7de3a1b6d.gif

Like # people like this
Lars Maehlmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 28, 2022

cf

9092756,so56TsAE3iSFblZXoB1NNP0Nv1zLWGAlusj0hvu9QZJ7irBsu61Qzdsh2ktT1jUfsbjg7uaGx+3xHqkPavJQhQ==

Like # people like this
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 28, 2022

Captain Future was my hero... 😁 

Like # people like this
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
March 28, 2022

Monday.. Lets beat it like a superman :)

superman-animated.gif

Like # people like this
Josh Costella
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 28, 2022

Looney Tunes Gif - Gif Abyss

Like # people like this
Karthick S
Atlassian Team
March 28, 2022

car.jpeg

Like # people like this
Karthick S
Atlassian Team
March 28, 2022

cartoons gifs Page 38 | WiffleGif

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events