Miscellaneous Monday - Building the Atlassian MULTIVERSE!

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2022

Happy Monday, everyone!

First time being a Miscellaneous Monday discussion author! ðŸŽ‰ Yoohooooo, thank you, @Fun Man Andy ! ðŸ’™

Inspired by the latest Marvel story about Spider-Man: No Way Home (yes, I finally watched it!), it got me thinking... If our lovely Atlassian Ecosystem was an entire Universe, even a Multiverse, where would that be? And what would it look like? ðŸ¤”

If you can imagine Atlassian as a place somewhere in the vast space and time, what is the picture that comes to mind?

To me, it would be a beautiful Magic Forest full of wonders, long clear paths, and many secret passages. You'll be able to navigate quickly, but if you are brave and adventurous, learn the secrets to reach more and go even deeper in the magic.

magic-forest-wallpaper.jpeg

23 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2022

Great question @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_!

Much like the variety offered in the Atlassian products, I don't see a single location when thinking about them.

Jira Software: I think mountain ranges.  A sturdy foundation with endless possibilities.

Jira Service Management: Rolling hills, not quite as big as the mountains but much more variable to accommodate the variety of needs.

Confluence: This is where I will agree with your magical forest.  Lots of vibrant colors coming to life together.

Bitbucket:  I see rows of corn fields.  It's not a pretty to look at as the others, but functionally it's extremely important to the ecosystem.

I'm sure if I thought hard enough we could also I in many of the others, but I think hitting the major players is good enough.

Thanks for the inspiration, this was a fun activity!

Like • # people like this
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 14, 2022

Thank you for joining, @Jimmy Seddon !

I can imagine an Atlassian World Map based on your locations, and I think it would look awesome :)

Bitbucket is most likely to be attacked by aliens though ðŸ˜†

Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2022

@Jimmy Seddon were you an author in a previous life?  I love your analogies....

Like • Jimmy Seddon likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2022

LOL! @Marjorie no, and in fact I was never really into writing until I started posting some articles on the Atlassian Community!

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 14, 2022

Since I am partial to Confluence, I'll post my metaverse - Confluence is like SimCity. You start out with an empty canvas, build your initial layout, make sure all of the plumbing is connected, and start the expansion, revision and updating until the map fills in and a fully functional civilization appears.

I played SimCity on Windows 3.1 and Windows 95 in the early and mid-90's. I still remember the joy that finding a Registry Key Hack for Unlimited Funds brought me. My joy using Confluence each day is that feeling on steroids.

SimCity.png

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 14, 2022

Ohh! Great analogy @Andy Gladstone!  I never played the original SimCity, SimCity 2000 was my first experience.

Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2022

@Jimmy Seddon @Andy Gladstone ok, I remember SimCity... we are dating ourselves here.

Like • Andy Gladstone likes this
Elizabeth Barr
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2022

I LOVE THIS, @Andy Gladstone !

Karthick S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 30, 2022

Good one :) 

Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2022

This is a great analogy @Andy Gladstone and that's not just because I'm a sucker for Sims even now 😅

Okan Erdogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 20, 2022

My favorite game! And now I'm a big fan of Confluence. So, it all makes sense...

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 10, 2022

Aaaah, SimCity, so many memories!

Karim ABO HASHISH
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 28, 2022

Marvelous, I can think of a lot of possibilities on top of this idea. Hope we could have something similar for the Community.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 14, 2022

Mine would be Silver Creek.  A pristine trout stream.  A beautify that anyone can succeed at catching a fish.  As you learn more about the different types of fish and how to attract them you are able to catch more fish.  If you take the time to master the stream you can catch and land trophy fish.  The best part is that you always put them back so others can have the same experience.  You also have the opportunity to share and teach others how to be successful.  I believe that this relates to all Atlassian products.  

Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2022

@Brant Schroeder teaching a man to fish... love the vision.

Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2022

If our lovely Atlassian Ecosystem was an entire Universe, even a Multiverse, where would that be? And what would it look like? 

I am really seeing it like a mega shopping complex.  So, like a mall of applications that each provide some capability to a user. And, of course, the food court, which I think of as the community, where you can get all kinds of sustenance for your journey through the Atlassian mall.  Some of the stores are complementary, like Jira and Confluence, think Gap and Baby Gap... 

Prashant Sultania
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 21, 2022

Atlassian can build the community center in the Metaverse and all the community members, leaders, administrators can talk, discuss and resolve the users issue. It's interesting, right?

Also, Atlassian can arrange the meetup, seminar's, etc. in the Metaverse.  

Belto
Atlassian Team
March 22, 2022

This is what I imagine it looking like

19 Best Utopian Science Fiction Books - The Best Sci Fi Books

Karthick S
Atlassian Team
March 30, 2022

Nice :) 

Çiğdem Büyükaşik
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 19, 2022

Great one!

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2022

Nice!

Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 22, 2022

If our lovely Atlassian Ecosystem was an entire Universe, even a Multiverse, where would that be? And what would it look like? 

Hidden Leaf Village and this is how it would look like

Fortnite_Hiddenleaf_111721.jpeg

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
March 30, 2022

This is nice

Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 14, 2022

I love that analogy!! 

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
March 24, 2022

pandora.gif

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
March 24, 2022

Pandora

Karthick S
Atlassian Team
March 25, 2022

Avengers Campus Calls on Marvel Multiverse to Explain Its Place in the  Marvel Cinematic Universe Canon

Karthick S
Atlassian Team
March 28, 2022

multi1.jpeg

Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
March 29, 2022

It could be like multiple planets with wormholes attached each other. Each of them running in their specific order but when you teleport from 1 to another, your identity will be automatically recognised and granted the right permission to explore the new world!

XD

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2022

I think of Myst...beautiful landscapes but challenging hidden puzzles then great rewards once solved.

D929ED15-8A8B-490F-9945-610172B76DC0.jpeg

Steven Mustari
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 27, 2022

Perfect.

Karthick S
Atlassian Team
March 30, 2022

Stranger than Fiction: What Is the Multiverse?

Karthick S
Atlassian Team
March 30, 2022

Scientists Search for Evidence of the Multiverse in the Big Bang's  Afterglow | WIRED

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
March 31, 2022

narnia.jpeg

James Richards
Atlassian Team
April 4, 2022

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness poster.jpeg

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 9, 2022

Wow, the thinking is beyond Imaginable as Multiverse is!!

I would think of it as all black and galaxies as each Atlassian tool where they would shine brighter and brighter every day!!

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 9, 2022

Image.jpg

Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 14, 2022

A constantly moving world with always something more to discover. 

Disc Worl.jpeg

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2022

112 Multiverse Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images - iStock

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
April 22, 2022

Infinity-Graphic.jpeg

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 13, 2022

I think it would look a lot like Narnia - not the winter, corrupted one, but the spring, released and lovely one.  

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2022

Avalon.  It would be much like Merlins, Avalon

7766491.jpg

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events