May 4th Friday Fun

Steve Thornhill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2018
Well the obvious one to do here is going to be Star Wars related. But let's try and get a bit of parody in there to.
So, humourous comments please and may the Schwartz be with you.
Let's push this thread to ludicrous speed...

19 comments

Comment

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2018

If you were looking for a serious discussion here today then ...

this-is-not-the-thread-you-are-looking-for.jpg

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 3, 2018

The thread isn't letting me post the perfect picture. I has a sad.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
May 3, 2018

@Meg Holbrook don't forget you need to include text with your photo because of a bug that will someday be fixed. Someday....

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 3, 2018

I actually had no idea this was a thing... HERE WE GO

2018-05-03_12-23-49.png

Steve Thornhill
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 3, 2018

@Monique vdB fixed someday in a galaxy far far away?

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
May 3, 2018

@Meg Holbrook yeah it's only a bug in comments on discussions. 🙄

Monique vdB
Community Manager
May 3, 2018

I didn't see Star Wars for the first time until it was re-released in the 90s. But I did see Spaceballs. Many, many times.

tumblr_nczoxj0hox1ry46hlo1_500.gif

Like Fadoua likes this
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2018

everybodygotthat.gifeverybodygotthat.gif

I don't think there is another movie that I have seen more times than this one.   I'm sure I would ruin this movie if I ever watched it with someone that has not seen it, because I know just about all the dialog to the entire thing.

Scott Grieder
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2018

I think of this scene at least once a month...

When you get caught playing with your dolls again. - Imgur.gif

Like Fabienne Gerhard likes this
Scott Grieder
Atlassian Team
May 3, 2018

What was that you say?

dolls.gif

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2018

image.png 

(I'm more into Star Trek...)

Like # people like this
Deleted user May 11, 2018

+1

Marcos Sanchez
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 15, 2018

I'm sorry man, but Obi-Wan is right...

rh4yb9vnk3fy.jpg

:)

Bryan Trummer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2018

This made me chuckle out loud a lot.

Image result for funny star wars memes

Steve Thornhill
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 4, 2018

Flight updates

m4flight.jpg

Like # people like this
Bryan Trummer
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2018

This may or may not be the greatest thing I have ever seen!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
May 4, 2018

I LOVE THIS.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
May 4, 2018

As a Disneyland fan, I had to share this from artist Karen Haillon:

haunted galaxy.jpg

Like Chris Jarvis likes this
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2018

This is really nice! 

Bryan Trummer
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2018

Oh that is fantastic! Two of my favorite things mashed together!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
May 4, 2018

I know, I'm tempted to buy a print, it's so great!

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 4, 2018

Art Nouveau so gooooood. These are fantastic. 

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 4, 2018

I love this one by the Cat Rapper :)4A9D73D1-CEFA-41C4-8184-C317AB24832F.jpeg

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 4, 2018

Oh and this one for dog lovers 🐶 8CB04F08-6DBD-41DA-B345-14AD6A50BE18.jpeg

zack
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 4, 2018

#1 FangDVBWTN

Like Davin Studer likes this
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2018

My son Luke (13). No longer responds to comments about me being his father. Just rolls his eyes at light speed

Like Davin Studer likes this
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 4, 2018

I just cackled in my office. It wasn't pretty. People turned around. 

miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 4, 2018

I've never seen any of the Star Wars movies (please if you judge me, don't throw me anything).

That being said, as a good Community member, I've gently googled "best star wars joke ever". After being kicked out by Security monitoring from half of my tries, I'll just give you that one:

http://www.quickfunnyjokes.com/starwars.html

Lessons learned? Google cached sites are reported as Adult category by our network admins. I hope I'll still work here by Monday.

Have a great Friday you all!

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2018

What? Not a single one? You should, definitely. At least the old ones.

But I‘m sure you‘ve seen the Star Trek movies instead... 😉

Monique vdB
Community Manager
May 4, 2018

Q: What do you call a pirate droid?
A: Arrrrr2-D2

Hee hee! These were cute @miikhy.  😀

Like Kat Warner likes this
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 7, 2018

If I'm going to throw anything at you, it's going to be a Star Wars box set. 

Heth Siemer
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 7, 2018

I'll just chase you around with my BB8 sphero instead (~6" tall remote control droid that rolls around).

Eager Learner May 4, 2018

How do I upload a pic?  It gives me an error.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
May 4, 2018

@Eager Learner thanks for posting this. There is a bug in discussion comments where you can't post a picture by itself, you have to post some text before it. It is a weird editor bug. So if you try again with some text, it should work. And I'm excited to see your contribution!

Eager Learner May 5, 2018

Thanks!!  Here goes... borrowed this from a friend.Screen Shot 2018-05-06 at 12.14.57 AM.png

Like # people like this
Eager Learner May 5, 2018

Yay!  Success

Monique vdB
Community Manager
May 6, 2018

omg worth it, this is hilarious!

Eager Learner May 7, 2018

Thanks!

Heth Siemer
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 7, 2018

Not much of a joke, more of just a cool Star Wars related thing...

My little brother is a Junior in High School, and his physics project was to create a mock light saber... So he spent this past weekend building a light saber that looked like an actual cavalry saber. I wasn't allowed to take pictures until he turned it in, but now we're going to build him a "Cavalry Jedi" cosplay to go with it!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
May 7, 2018

Wow! Please report back with the photographic evidence. That is so cool. 

Heth Siemer
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 7, 2018

Yes Ma'am!!!! Denver Comic Con is coming up right before my Friday Fun... pictures will be a thing ;)

Monique vdB
Community Manager
May 7, 2018

So ready for the cosplay pics. 

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2018

According to The Community's Advent Calendar 2018 I remembered this Oldie but Goldie Star Wars parody.

Have a look on marketing meeting at the the death star - discussing viral marketing (with a special german dialect)

Here for german speaking people -> Virales Marketing im Todesstern Stuttgart

And in (some sort of) english -> Viral Marketing at Death Star Germany (Stuttgart)

Hope this gets your humor, too!

Like Thomas Schlegel likes this
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2018

Haha, Darth Vader speaks schwäbisch  - crazy 

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2018

I'm actually surprised this hasn't been posted yet. It has to be the best parody ever!

https://youtu.be/U9t-slLl30E

Like # people like this
Deleted user December 4, 2018

I needed this in my life ha :D 

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2018

Haha, this is really great, very funny

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2018

Awesome :D

Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 9, 2020

It had be great to start this thread with this picture hehehe

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpeg

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events