Miscellaneous Monday - The Valentine's Edition

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2021

HAPPY VALENTINE'S YOU CRAZY LOVE BIRDS! 💖🦢

Yesterday was the most romantic day of the year... but it's not always so popular. Some people love it and celebrate it to the max. Others detest it and really wish it did not exist.

Love it or hate it, it is well and truly a part of life. It is here to stay!

VALE.gif

Ever the romantic! I wrote a song... 🎶💘

I don't shell out massive amounts of money, I do buy the missus a nice small gift and give her a card, but I am not a totally-all-out-die-hard romantic when it comes to Valentine's... it's a fun celebration, but I don't spend all my time investing in it. Case in point, yesterday we did a load of DIY and hung out with the kids. More a case of Family QT than Romantic gestures and activities.

That said, this I have been following this amazing guy on Instagram who is just a sublime guitarist and about a month ago we decided to collab on one of his pieces. Complete coincidence, but it turned to be a love song and we finished it a week ago. To be extra corny, we released it via Instagram on Valentine's day and I dedicated it to my wife. LOLz. So much for not being a die-hard fan of Valentine's Day! Ha ha 😅😂

You can have a listen to it HERE -> Softly Forever

SoftlyForever.jpg

Love it or hate... what did you do yesterday? 💞💔

Do you love Valentine's? Or do you hate it? Either is fine of course, each to their own...!

What did you get up to yesterday? Was it full-on all-out celebrations? Or was it the complete opposite?

Tell us in this more romantic (or not...) edition of Miscellaneous Monday!

tenor.gif

11 comments

Comment

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2021

Spread the love 🧡💛💚💙💜🤎🖤 love the song 

Didn't do anything special yesterday! But maybe something interesting we have wedding day today and we chose this day because it's NOT Valentine's Day

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2021

That’s a great day for a wedding day #NotValentine’s!!

Happy Anniversary 👰🏼 👰🏼
@Fabienne Gerhard  💕  !!!

Like # people like this
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2021

I was surprised by my wife yesterday. She gave me a present (some really cool and delicions protein bars). Last year she didn't give me anything for my birthday (we have 2 children, so she simply didn't have a time), that's why I was surprised now :D.
It is not my favourite day but it looks like our "family" attitude to this day will change from year to year. I bet I will give some present to my wife next year and she will tell me, she thought we are not celebrating it :D. I think it is the funiest part of this day... just to take it easy :).

Yeah, and I gave my wife one present too... really loud neighbours moved to the appartment below. So I did a phone call to the owner of the flat...it was a present for my wife.

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2021

Great story @Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__ 🌟👏

sounds like a great day all round!! ❤️ 

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 15, 2021

@Andy - PTC Redundant  - Thank you for sharing the song!

It was a quiet day for us as well - after 32 years or marriage.  :-) 

We have a tradition where my wife gives me Reese Peanut Butter Cups and I give here York Peppermint Patties. We have been doing that for a LONG time. 

I splurged a little and got her some roses this time, too. With long days in the house, it helps to brighten things up. 

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2021

You’re most welcome @John Funk 🙏🏼 😊 

that is some serious cool tradition! I love it.

nice play on the roses 🌹 you are so right! 🏡 💡 ❤️ 

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 15, 2021

Got brisk outdoor cocktails (and a snack) at Attaboy, and ordered an amazing chicken sandwich from Double Chicken Please. 🐔🐔

It was a balmy 40 F / 4.4 C yesterday, so I'm pretty sure that wasn't love I felt in the air! 😜

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2021

Yes @Dave Liao ! THIS! ⬆️ 

we gotta be talking food on a special holiday day!! That sounds amazing. 🌟 👏 

#FrozenLove I guess 😉 ❄️ 💨 

Like Dave Liao likes this
Eva Kasiak February 15, 2021

seven years in the relationship - might be long or not. For sure for me it is ;D and I'm super happy about it. yet though each year the same story goes - what we will do for valentines? 🌼 💝

So this year I've created a wheel of countries and use it to choose randomly one of them. Instead of celebrating anything special for Valentine together with my partner, we cook. Each month is dedicated to the specific country, its most famous dishes, culture, and traditions. 🧑‍🍳 🥘 🍲

However, yesterday was very special too as we simply have been practicing wellbeing. Spent most of the day sitting on the terrace with -1o degreed outside and warm sunbath - it was extra cool and relaxing time! and we did nothing just charging the batteries  🌞

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2021

This is beautiful @Eva Kasiak 🤩 💕 👏 what a great way to celebrate Valentine’s!

Love your partner; love yourself!

I really hope you got the most of your relaxation and recharged those batteries!! 🔋 💜 

Like # people like this
Dharma Ramos
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2021

Thanks for sharing. We usually don't go all out. We typically make something special for dinner and spend time together. Sometimes we buy each other chocolates. 

Yesterday we had a girl scouts cookie booth, so I picked up a Puerto Rican cake and some take out, then the three of us spent the evening hanging out and taking turns on the Oculus.

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2021

What an uber cool way to spend Valentine’s! 👓 👾🕹

Quest or Rift!? And what were you guys playing?

@Dharma Ramos : what does a Puerto Rican cake look like? Got any pics?? 📸 🍰 

Dharma Ramos
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2021

@Andy - PTC Redundant Quest 2, so far we have been playing Beat Saber and Synth Riders.

The cake looks like any other cake, it's the flavor and texture that is different. It is soaked in a simple syrup, that may or may not contain almond extract or liqueurs. Similar to a rum cake, I guess. But here is a google pic of what they look like:

bizcocho de novia.jpg

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2021

I visited my father for a few hours, then came home and made a steak dinner for my wife and daughter and I.  It was good :)

PXL_20210215_013047089.PORTRAIT-picsay.jpg

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2021

@Rob Horan : yes Rob!! More food. ⬆️ Gotta love the food. Man. That steak looks JUICY!!!!!! Good job 👨🏼‍🍳 🌟 👏 

Like # people like this
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 16, 2021

Thanks!

Like Andy - PTC Redundant likes this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 16, 2021

We're not much for celebrating these kind of public holidays so we did absolutely nothing :D

I try to be the more spontaneous kind of partner so giving her the night of or letting her sleep in and take care of the kid on my own, bringing home the random bouquet of flowers, those kind of things.

We actually did get some gourmet burger DIY kit from a local restaurant on Saturday to pre-celebrate it a bit as "night out but staying home" since it's also our anniversary on the 15th (4y and she's still not sick of me!)

@Andy - PTC Redundant have u thought of auditioning for the Atlassian band? ;-)

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 17, 2021

That is definitely an awesome romantic gesture @Dirk Ronsmans !! 

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! 🎉💐

Too busy for the Atlassian band sadly but I have promised @Jimmy Seddon a live Drum n Bass session the next time Summit (Team?) takes place in Vegas!! 

🤘👨‍🎤🚀🎤🎶

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 17, 2021

If I remember correctly it was the next in person event whatever that ends up being.  Hopefully that will be sometime in 2022!

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 17, 2021

Great post @Andy - PTC Redundant!  Thank you for writing such an awesome song!

Like Fabienne Gerhard likes this
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 18, 2021

@Andy - PTC Redundant  That's really great post as that day was my birthday :) 

muskan yousaf December 18, 2021

wow, it's really amazing article on Valentine. It gives me lots of ideas for my website page. thanks for sharing this amazing post.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events