Let's remember the last time we travelled

Purujeet Parida January 7, 2021

It's been almost 10000 years since Covid19 isolated most of us inside homes, away from family and friends, away from outdoor hobbies and getaways. While travel restrictions have been lifted for some time, the way we travel (and indeed. do anything at all) has changed drastically - with masks, self-distancing, double seating, and so on. 

Could we remember the distant past when we could still travel with loved ones (or siblings or both) with a photo? It could be a photo of the place, the food, the view... anything that has meaning for you as the last time you could have fun on a trip without the smell of disinfectant everywhere. For me that's the last trip of 2019, which was to lovely Mangalore, in the south of India, during the festival of Dussehra.IMG_20191004_142549.jpgOoh... the absence of masked men with temperature guns and sanitiser sprays at the airport exit! That's the dream!

19 comments

Comment

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2021

@Purujeet Parida - one of my last trips pre-COVID was to lovely Boston! It was so cold:

boston.jpg

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 7, 2021

My last big trip was to Atlassian HQ in Sydney with @Mandy Ross last October! I spent a couple of heavenly days sightseeing and birdwatching, and attended the Atlassian holiday party. I would love to go back and bring the whole family, I absolutely loved it there!

sydney.jpg

I was planning a trip to the Netherlands and the UK this summer that had to be cancelled, and I will reschedule that for 2022, but as soon as we can travel again, I think I want to go back to Costa Rica. It's a heavenly place. 

Like # people like this
Mandy Ross
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 7, 2021

Don't forget our wine tour!! What a great trip that was. 

IMG_1121.png

Like # people like this
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2021

My last trip was to Atlassian Summit at USA, it was my first visit to USA and Vegas.

56883646_10155993437810918_6983977669268340736_n.jpg56852829_2212456508819890_4031732761927614464_o.jpg

It was great trip including in-person meets, road trip etc. :) 

I am still waiting a new in-person Atlassian Summit, I hope it will be in 2022

Like # people like this
Purujeet Parida January 8, 2021

Oh when is it? How do we go there?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2021

Yeah in person Summit was amazing!  I hope that we will see it happen again in the future and I will have the opportunity to go!  The 2019 Summit was also where I first found out about the Online Community!

20190409_185634.jpg

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2021

I see Marlon!

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 7, 2021

Actually, my family and I were in Key West, Florida for Thanksgiving. This was the sunset from Mallory Square. 

Key West sunset.jpg

Like # people like this

What an amazing view! 

Like John Funk likes this
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 7, 2021

My last "big" trip was to Ireland in July 2019 with my sister. A few of my favorite photos:

Top left: Blarney Castle

Top right: O'Brien's Tower at the Cliffs of Moher

Bottom left: shore on Innish Oirr, Aran Islands

Bottom right: Church Of Mary Immaculate Refuge of Sinners, Dublin

IMG_20190714_181916-COLLAGE.jpgMy last not so big trip was to visit my sister in Austin; that was October of 2019. I was supposed to go to Summit in Vegas in March of 2020, but...

I will not be planning any large trips this year; travel is still too uncertain. But I do hope to be able to get to Austin again, and to Dallas to see my brother.

Like # people like this

Excellent photos! very Tolkien somehow, especially the second one. Hope you get to travel soon!

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2021

That looks amazing!

Like Esther Strom likes this
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2021

Drop a line when you can make it to Austin next! Even if the Atlassian office is not open, there still might be a contactless "thanks for visiting" souvenir for you.

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2021

@Purujeet Parida Yes, a lot of Ireland reminded me of Rivendell!

Like Purujeet Parida likes this
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2021

Thanks, @Daniel Eads! Fingers crossed the vaccine will be available here and in Austin within a few months, so I'm wishin' and hopin' and prayin' that I'll be able to get there this summer. 

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2021

My last trip was to Dubai and Abu Dhabi back in november 2019.

It has a lot of people there! But it was just awesome!! 

IMG_0023.JPG

IMG_0101.JPG

In Abu Dhabi I was at the fastest rollercoaster on planet earth (240 km/h (149.1 mph)). That is pretty fast, but also awesome :) Had to go twice :-)

IMG_0093.JPG

Like # people like this
Monika Rani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2021

My last trip was to "Pondicherry" and "Dharamshala" with my husband in Dec-2019. 

IMG-20200221-WA0010.jpgIMG_20200613_223953_435.jpg 

Like # people like this

To the sea and then the mountains - like your style!

Like # people like this
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2021

Looks like a peaceful trip, hopefully some great and calming memories! 

Like Monika Rani likes this
Monika Rani
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2021

Yeah, @Daniel Eads  It was a peaceful trip.

Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2021

I guess my last trip was in January to Livigno, Italy for some snowboarding. Amazing mountains and beautiful town.

Livigno, kompletní informace o počasí, sněhu a ubytování v Livignu. |  Zimni-Alpy.cz

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2021

Just before Covid-19 poured over poor Italy!

Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2021

@Kristján Geir Mathiesen yes, well actually when I was there in January, a horrible fever hit me for like 2 days. At that time the COVID started spreading fast, so I suspect a little bit that maybe I went through it there.

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 10, 2021
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2021

I don't travel much... or very far.  The last "trip" we did (August 2019), my wife and I took our (at the time) two year old to the Toronto Islands.  Which can only be reached by taking a ferry.  They also have a small amusement park there.

20190822_134020.jpg20190822_123418.jpg

Like # people like this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2021

My last big trip was to Corralejo (Fuerteventura, one of the Canary Islands of Spain) in September 2019. It seems to me like million years ago.

DSC_0260a.JPG

Like # people like this
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2021

That looks like the perfect bit of beachy paradise!

Like # people like this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2021

Yes, it's been a wonderful holiday!

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2021

My last trip outside of US was to Ruhr area in Germany - where the steel industry was created - 13 months ago. In that little Italian restaurant, I ordered the spiciest pizza I've ever tasted! Rode around the area on bikes. Great trip!

k4.jpgk3.jpgK2.jpgk1.jpg

Like # people like this
Tom Kakanowski January 8, 2021

My last pre-COVID trip was in January '20 to spend time with my dad before his passing.  He was in southern Ontario, but is from Wuppertal, Germany, so in tribute to him, here is an image of their famous Schwebebahn, an inverted monorail transit system. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Believe it or not, an ELEPHANT fell out of this thing when it was being used to move a circus company in 1950

maxresdefault2.jpg

Like # people like this
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2021

Oops, I am feeling the scary 

Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2021

Wow, that really feels scary. I googled a bit about that and seems the elephant survived by falling into the river. After that, she was named Tuffi, meaning 'waterdive' in Italian. Interesting haha.

Like # people like this
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2021

hu.jpg

My last trip, many months back, brought me to Budapest, Hungary.
I hope that travelling is a possible option again any time soon - in a safe, sane and enjoyable way, of course :-/

Like # people like this

My last trip, many months back, brought me to Budapest, Hungary.

I'm from Budapest, Hungary, so interesting to see that this town can be an aim for anyone :D

Well my last travel was Lake Balaton, the biggest freshwater lake IMG_20200727_163300.jpg

Like # people like this
Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2021

Budapest is amazing, I loved it there!

Stanislav
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2021

A lot of time without traveling with this virus. Last time in 2018 summer in Spain, Malaga ! Very nice place to bemalaga.jpeg

Like # people like this
Radhika Patodiya
Atlassian Team
January 15, 2021

My last trip was to Europe for a semester exchange! Spent 3 enchanting months back-packing around the beautiful continent!! :D 20210115_153903-COLLAGE.jpg

Like # people like this
Monika Rani
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2021

@Radhika Patodiya beautiful pics I will also go to Europe in April this year. I am very excited 😀😀😀

Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2021

Hi @Purujeet Parida ,

The last time I travelled somewhere was Sundarbans. It was a pretty amazing trip with my family and friends.

sundarban-chalo-house

Regards,

Soumyadeep

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 10, 2022

@Purujeet Parida 

The last time I traveled was into the mountains.  Used a small plane to fly into the backwoods where they dropped me off for a week of exploration.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events