Let's cook something new!

Parvaneh Zand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2021

Hey, all you food lovers!
It's been a year since I'm working remotely from home and that's why I cook every day. I like to discover new flavors and textures by making foods from around the world. One of the best parts of traveling and trying new dishes is to bring home that knowledge and try them in your own kitchen. It may not taste exactly the same :), but it will be so much fun.

I would love to know about delicious eatables from your hometown. You can also share some authentic recipes with me...or just the names and photos. Are you a locavore? What are the most awesome foods you’ve discovered?

To begin with, I would like to introduce my favorite food. Here in my country, there are so many local and seasonal dishes that are passed through generations. It’s been a tradition at our house to serve ”Zereshk Polo” (Barberries and Rice) to our guests. This food features many of the elements of Persian cooking. Chicken (or beef) is cooked separately in a tomato sauce, adding pepper, salt, turmeric, cinnamon, and most importantly, saffron. It’s served with crunchy-backed rice and roasted barberries and pistachios. So yummy!

your turn:)

zp.jpg

12 comments

Comment

Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2021

Hi @Parvaneh Zand 

I'm from Spain, and honestly, I wouldn't know which foods to choose to tell you which ones are typical here, but to give you an example, something very typical is "tortilla de patata", I love to make it and it is one of my favorite foods.

photo_2021-10-15_10-15-48.jpg

Besides, we have "cocido", "paella" and many other things!

On the other hand, one of the things I have become fond of is Indian food, I love the spices, coconut milk... and I am trying to improve my chicken curry!!!!

And of course I love any food that has avocado in it!!!!

I'm looking forward to reading the recipes of the other members of the community because in this time, I've become very fond of cooking and although I'm not an expert, I would love to try new!

Best Regards!

Like # people like this
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2021

I made Cantonese claypot rice with a rice cooker.

The ingredients include peas, carrots, mushrooms, sausages, green peppers, onions, shallots, and ginger. It takes time to prepare the ingredients, but cooking is very simple.

微信图片_20211015162632.jpg微信图片_20211015162636.jpg微信图片_20211015162640.jpg

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2021

This looks amazing. I'm so hungry right now!

Like Ollie Guan likes this
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 15, 2021

Whoa, such a nice presentation, @Parvaneh Zand!  

Food is my second addiction after Confluence, so I'm constantly looking for new recipes. I live in Sofia, Bulgaria, and I am proud to say our cuisine is full of variety and colors. However, one of my favorite traditional meals will always be Banitsa! Breakfast or dinner, it's always time for a chonky slice :) 

Some time ago I even filmed the recipe on my cooking channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwZEtzKZt_w

banitsa.jpeg

Like # people like this
Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 15, 2021

Wow @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ !!!

I loved both the food and your cooking channel, for sure I will check it some more times and all the recipes that I can "copy" I will try them!

Thank you very much for sharing and congratulations for youtube channel!!!

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 15, 2021

Thank you, I'm always happy to share and glad you like it!

Like Marjorie likes this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 15, 2021

Wow, I am now a fan of your cooking channel!!! thank you for sharing.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 15, 2021

@Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ , this looks so yummy. I'm going to have to try this at home thanks for sharing the video.

Community Leader
Community Leader
October 16, 2021

Thank you and you are welcome @Marjorie , @Jack Brickey

Do share you feedback if you try making it! 

Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 15, 2021

I don't cook, my husband does, and he is amazing at it.  When I do, I cook lasagna.  And, I have to make enough to send home to my adult children and their families.

Like Hakeem Olasupo likes this
Dharma Ramos
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 15, 2021

A lot of people are familiar with tostones or patacones, like a twice fried smashed plantain. A favorite app or snack of mine though is something called arañitas. It is shredded fried plantains that look something like this.

Como hacer Arañitas De Plátano Macho | Cocinar en casa

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 15, 2021

Love love love tostones.

Community Leader
Community Leader
October 16, 2021

So interesting! Never heard about this meal and I’ll definitely check it out

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 15, 2021

One of the joys of remote work is being able to make pernil any time I want.

PXL_20211013_224456735.jpgPXL_20211013_224522691.jpgPXL_20211013_230423816.PORTRAIT.jpg

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 15, 2021

I love to grill just about anything from large pieces of meat to fish, vegetables, and fruits. I really love super fresh fish grilled with spices dredged in butter and Parmesan cheese.

2021-10-15_17-11-06.jpg

I and also a big fan of bananas Foster and I'm working on perfecting that on the grill as well.

2021-10-15_17-14-00.jpg

Like # people like this
Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
October 15, 2021

mmmmm, yuuuummmmmm. I was speaking to a chef the other day that told me about caramelised pepinos - waiting for my pepino to produce some so that I can try it out.

Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
October 15, 2021

I love food. Multi-cultural Australia doesn't really have a national dish, so we can pick and choose from all things yummy. I'm trying new things all the time.

My newest thing is probably chocolate muffins made with kidney beans. Sounds odd, but they make rich gooey chocolate, are filling AND good for you - I use black sugar and cocoa powder to keep them as healthy as possible. But I do put dark chocolate chips in if I want a special treat.

Don't have a picture I'm afraid, but I usually make them in my croissant tray - which amuses me no end.

croissant tray.jpg

Like # people like this
Solutions Partner
October 15, 2021

WHAT AM I THINKING!!!!!

vegemite.jpg

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 15, 2021

Vegemite and peanut butter on toasted flatbread is fantastic

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2021

So I went looking for a recipe for chocolate muffins made with kidney beans and I wasn't exactly disappointed but I feel like every recipe I saw fell into the usual trappings of vegan recipes where every oil needs to be organic unrefined coconut oil, and every sugar needs to be organic maple syrup.

I'm that bad person looking for a recipe that uses sugar and vegetable oil and basic ingredients that don't require a special trip to whole foods to spend my whole paycheck.

Solutions Partner
October 31, 2021

I agree @Rob Horan. I just replace the "organic wholemeal coconut aminos" (randomly choosing vegan options all at once) with the more regular kind. Sugar instead of stevia, butter instead of oil (although I do use olive oil for my kidney bean muffins), chocolate powder instead of cocoa etc. Not had any significant failures with this approach.

Mine is:

2 cup-ish/500ml cooked kidney beans

2 eggs

1/2 cup-ish olive oil (butter if you prefer)

1/2 cup-ish sugar - to taste, you will probably want more I don't like really sweet

1 tsp baking powder

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 cup-ish chocolate powder (cooking chocolate, cocoa, drinking chocolate, whatever is your fave or have to hand. The first 2 might require more sugar if you like sweet.)

splash of vanilla (paste or essence)

chocolate chips optional

Whizz in a blender (this is a very wet recipe). Bake as a cake or muffins - I do mini-muffins at 160C for 30mins. Makes 12 mini-muffins.

I am a just-throw-everything-in-and-guesstimate kinda cook, so cant vouch for the actual numbers. But standard recipes will give you the proportions if you are worried.

Not sure about veggie and peanut butter.....  hmmm.jpg

Like Rob Horan likes this
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 1, 2021

This is great, thank you!  And nah, I don't want more sugar.  I don't dislike sweets but I do dislike excessive sweet.

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 15, 2021

Asado Argentino con choripan y chimichurri. Que rico... no apto para vegetarianos.

parrilla-filled-with-meat-at-argentine-asado.jpg

Like # people like this
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 16, 2021

Hi @Parvaneh Zand 

I am from Spain, my roots are from Galicia and here the star dish is Galician Octopus

pulpo.jpeg

Here you have a sample, I love this dish although there are many other Spanish dishes that I love but today I wanted to highlight this one to make a nod to my land

Cheers

Like # people like this
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 16, 2021

Hey all!

I'm from Greece, and from a small town in central Greece, called Karditsa. We have a tradition in making pies. All shorts of. One of my favorite pies we make, is Bajeena (μπατζίνα in Greek) [Had second thought on how to correctly write the English name]. This pie doesn't need any filo in it. You just make it with yellow pumpkin (or zucchinis if you want to), feta cheese, milk, egg, dill, salt and pepper. Yummy!

78a38d90a5f5af5857b8e93fa4dd5a84_L.jpg

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 22, 2021

I love Philipino food.  It is easy to make and the family loves it.

lutong-bahay-recipe-pancit-canton-678x381

Like # people like this
Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 26, 2021

this looks amazing!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events