Its Friday y'All: Casual works done becomes a carrer or brings success in our life--what's your's

vikram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2022

Hello Everyone, its Firday in India, I wish you all Happy Friday and Happy weekend. 

Let me tell you how an un expected and casual work done become success and brought me fame to my life --

Few years back, I casually helped a person by drafting and preparing few local documents to help and fulfill his requirements.

Now that help of drafting local documents turned me one of the popular (local) document writter in my area.

The person to whom I help, told to some one else and it went like that and know people from different areas call me and give me documents to be prepared.

This drafting work(local documents) is not my goal or my career but it brought me success and fame.

Vikram Kumar P.

2 comments

Comment

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2022

This is not something that propelled me towards a specific role or responsibility, but I can say that it did contribute to all of my future successes. 

Back at my previous company I was not enamored with the way our pricing proposals looked and felt. At one point the individual responsible for the proposals was out of the office and someone needed one created ASAP. I stepped up and handled it in my own unique way. A few days later the President of the company asked to see me. I was a bit scared that perhaps he didn't like my initiative and was preparing myself to be chewed out. But to the contrary, the President asked me to take over the entire pricing process and team - he saw how much more intuitive my approach was and the benefits of being able to handle pricing at scale through it. That 'accident' propelled me to future successes and promotions and certainly contributed to where I am today.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2022

@vikram Thanks for sharing.

Like vikram likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events