Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing myself : Ralph Man

Ralph Man October 8, 2018

Hi fellow Atlassians,

Since I am browsing the Atlassian community a lot recently to find better ways to work with Jira, I think it is time i introduce myself (and earn a badge with it ;) ).

My name is Ralph Man and I am Traffic Manager at a company called Shopcommerce. We build Magento webshops and use Jira and Jira service desk as tools to make our work easier. 

I am always looking for ways to improve our process and to improve how to work with Jira. If someone has got any tips on anything related to Jira, let me know.

3 comments

Comment

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2018

Welcome to community!

Ralph Man October 8, 2018

Hi Thanks!

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2018

Hi @Ralph Man

welcome and hello to the Netherlands :-)

Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 12, 2018

Welcome.  My best advise is to keep it simple.  Jira gives you plenty of opportunity to create a mess.  When you want to do something and can't find an obvious way to do it, search with different terms.  Often there is a specific word or set of words that describe the concept you are trying to find a solution to. 

If you're a coder, it's tempting to write Apps to do all kinds of crazy things.  If you do a proper analysis of cost/benefit, you will almost always find that using a 3rd party pay App from Atlassian Marketplace is the way to solve the problem.  This is in line with keeping things simple.

Always test before making a major change in production!

Have fun!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events