cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to earn Community Badges?

Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2021

Hi guys,

It's been a while I've been in this Atlassian community, answers in the community helped me a lot to grow, then later on I thought to repay the community by answering and I realized that I'm learning a lot in the process while trying to find a solution to the questions. Now I know that I earn badges for completion of a certain task, the badges section Accepted answers, Answers posted, etc, are pretty simple to understand, but I have no idea on "How to earn community badges?". So is there anything that you guys can share/advise to help me out with how to earn those badges?

2 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2021

Hi @Kevin Johnson!

I'd recommend starting here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Feedback-Forum-articles/How-to-earn-badges-on-the-Atlassian-Community/ba-p/729801

In addition, if you go to the badges section of your personal profile, there should be a link if most of the badges you have yet to earn that will link to a article that explains what you need to do to earn it.

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

Like # people like this
Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2021

Hi @Jimmy Seddon ,

Thanks for your reply. I have already read through the above-mentioned article, but it is not so clear, and badges like group hug I'm not so sure, will it take some time to achieve rather than being instant as other badges?

Regards,

Kevin

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2021

Hi @Kevin Johnson,

That is the point of some of the badges.  They want to encourage you to be a regular, active participant in the community.  The offer of badges that you can work towards over time is designed to be the incentive for you to keep coming back.

-Jimmy

Like # people like this
Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon hahaha got it, it's really innovative that how the community badges are designed. Well, then it's time for me to regularly and actively participate in the community. Hope I'll keep up my work. Should we still be waiting for the Friday-fun backlog to drop or are there spots available?

-Kevin.

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 3, 2021

@Kevin Johnson I'd recommend checking out some of the past Friday Fun topics: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/tag/friday-fun/tg-p

The basic format is that you will ask a question to the group, or start a discussion topic, and then be active in the thread.

Like Kevin Johnson likes this
Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 3, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon Sure will check out.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2021

Hi Kevin,

for Friday Fun there are sign-up threads every once in a while, it looks currently the slots are booked up until February 2022:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Off-topic-discussions/Signups-for-Friday-Fun-October-2021-to-February-2022/td-p/1584491

You will see new sign-up threads in the feed - be sure to save a spot then :)

For Group Hug, yes, it seems it takes a while and this badge is some kind of a riddle - I could not figure out exactly what needs to be done, quite a challenge (but always fun, no question).

Badges are a fun way to learn and engage with the Community - enjoy them, and good to have you here! Always a pleasure to have people around with a team mindset, helping each other and engaging in Community happenings :)

Regards,
Daniel

Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 1, 2021

@Daniel Ebers lol then I have to wait for a while I guess.

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 1, 2021

@Kevin Johnson if you are open to it.  We sometimes need a last minute substitute for Friday Fun.  If you are ok being notified the day before or day of to make a post, I can add you to our stand-by list for Friday fun.

Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 1, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon yea sure. If you can inform me 1 or 2 days earlier I can prepare for it. Can you please explain to me a little or share a doc regarding it? I'm new to this 😬 .

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events