Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are we to manage multiple email address with the way Atlassian does user management?

Alexander Leitch January 26, 2021

Hello,

Recently Atlassian updated their system to have one login account for users. It doing so I had to combine my Trello and Bitbucket accounts. I ended up using my one personal email account for both. This was find as email was not an issue.

However, we have started using Jira Software for work and now I am signed up with my personal email and not my work one. This would be fine if I could add my work email like they have in Bitbucket but they don't.

What I really want to know is what the vision is for the setup of peoples accounts when changing between work email/person email/other email? Do you expect use to logout and back in on each account?

Please let me know.

Thank you.

1 comment

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2021

You don't at present.

Atlassian accounts have a single email address, so each account is separate and unique.  You have to log out and back in if you wish to swap identities and those will be treated as separate accounts in the applications.  I tend to use icognito windows when I need to use a second Atlassian account, but that's a really poor approach.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ID-6456 is the request to get it fixed.

(Edit - Bother, sorry, gave you the wrong bookmark originally)

Like # people like this
Alexander Leitch January 28, 2021

Ah, ok. Cool, Thank you.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2021

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- - just added my vote to ID-6456! It'd be useful in cases when it wouldn't be appropriate to merge Atlassian IDs.

Erm, not that merging Atlassian IDs even is possible yet (ID-240). 😜

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events