Grumpy is wondering: Remote Work and Cooking

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2020

A question is moving around my head these days about quarantine, remote work, and food. I continually see advertisements for food delivery, posts with recommendations about restaurants with lunch deliveries, and so on. But why? :)

Some of you know that my relationship with food is unique, and I enjoy preparing it both for my partner (we have different diets) and me. Now we are home 24/7, which is making a lot easier cooking a portion of fresh food for lunch or dinner.

How are you dealing with your work lunches and snacks when you are at home? Is it a way to successfully get back on track with your diet, or are you sneaking to the fridge when nobody is watching?

[insert lunch pic here]

byrza-vecheria-omlet-s-kotidzh-kopyr.jpg

4 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2020

I think my best answer is a little bit of both :D

I have been making lunches every day.  However, when our toddler comes to ask me to get him a snack, it makes me want one too ;)

I'm not going to even bother with pictures your presentation skills are next level compared to what I do.

Erik Buchholz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2020

I had to be careful yesterday when I had a snack, that my kids didn't mention and also want some.

It easier to explain the colleagues that it was the last one than your kids.

Like # people like this
Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
March 31, 2020

@Erik Buchholz this made me laugh out loud :) 

Like Erik Buchholz likes this
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2020

My family is looking at joining a local CSA to get more fresh vegetables in our house and stretch our culinary chops. Had never even heard of kholrabi before our last CSA subscription.

image.png

But it's sure tasty!

This weekend we might "prep" some snacks into smaller containers to just grab during the day. Having things portioned out makes it easy to get the right amount without over-indulging. Several times I've noticed that I'm reaching for snacks when instead I'm just thirsty and should be drinking water instead. Making a conscious effort to make healthy choices is going to be fun :)

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2020

Oh yes, the kohlrabi is great :) You can grate it, add pomegranate seeds, salt, and apple cider vinegar, and it makes an awesome salad.

I'm also trying to keep my water balance up in order to keep the fake hunger from rising :)

Dharma Ramos
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2020

I prep my breakfast, snacks and lunch when I work at the office. I am still working at the office, but dreading having to work from home where it will be easier to skip over the prepped stuff and go for the bad snacks.

Community Leader
Community Leader
March 24, 2020

At home, there are always tons of dark chocolates in the fridge. I'm putting my entire willpower to forget about them at least 90% of the time. 

(I pathetically failed yesterday) 

Like # people like this
Dharma Ramos
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 24, 2020

Love dark chocolate! Especially when they have sea salt.

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 24, 2020

Just give in to the "Dark" side ;)

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 24, 2020

Haha, that's the spirit!

Assia Touati March 30, 2020

actually, it's a new receipe per day, i don't want to go to the balance and see how much my weight exploded ! it's the 3rd week and i #embrace-remote !

Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2020

Awesome! I think it’s hard only the first few days. After that you stick to the schedule and adapt in no time.

Like Bridget likes this
Assia Touati March 30, 2020

yes i hope so ! we have to stay strong ! ... and at home :D 

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events