Funniest Remote Work Moments

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2020

Although I just wrote about the blessings of working remote, it definitely comes with its challenges. I'll be the first to admit that!

I'm sure many of you are also experiencing some frustrations in these trying times, so I thought it might be nice to give ourselves a space to share those so we can all entertain one another. 

I'll get the party started. 

I was sitting at my desk in the living room on a Zoom call. I had my camera on, but the meeting hadn't actually started so hundreds of us were just sitting on Zoom working on other things while sitting there. Since I wasn't talking, my husband didn't realize I was on a call, and he walked BUTT-NAKED behind me to get some clothes from the dryer ... while I was sitting there with my camera on. Thankfully, I don't think anyone noticed, but phew. It was terrifying. Lesson learned. I announce when I'm on a call.

Your turn! What's a funny remote work moment in your home?

2 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2020

@Brittany Joiner I needed that to start the day!

Mine won't seem as funny now by comparison, yet it also involves someone being naked in the background while a meeting is going on.

No one saw anything because I have a habit of using a zoom virtual background (I highly recommend this if your environment allows for it to work correctly).

My wife just got my son up from his nap, which is in the room next to where I'm working as an office.  As he's still in diapers and needed a change she got him out of the diaper he was in, however he's mobile enough that he got off the bed and ran over and opened the door to my "office" sat in the chair next to my desk and proceeded to tell me "there's poop in there".

Now I was also on mute at the time since I wasn't presenting.

My wife however turned ghost white and asked if I was on a call.  When I told here no one could hear or see anything she was relieved.

Like # people like this
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2020

Hahaha that's amazing!

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2020

Haha, I love meetings, when small children suddenly enter the scene. It makes everything more human and friendly. Might be something else if it is an executive meeting but I think even then most people love it.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2020

Hopefully it was not a recorded meeting.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events