Fun with programming and code

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2019

Some people enjoy programming, and some do it just to make living, but it is always fun to write code.

I like to print patterns of star in every programming language possible, this is quite a fun. Try it! there is a list of programming language in Wikipedia. See how much you can complete in a month.

Share your experience of writing fun piece of code.

3 comments

Comment

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2019

Hi! 

I created a website for adding billing information for medical items to be added with ease to a database so I could pull them out into Jira. 

I did most of this for fun and basically I used Jira and an app (that I can't find anymore) that you could search a DB query and it would input the information from my PHP website into Jira. (Similar to External Data for Jira Fields)

It was a I guess you would say a "Proof of Concept" for Medical offices to do their billing & patient checkin/checkout using Jira & Jira Service Desk.

I used trello specifically for my coding & Jira/Jira Service Desk builds as the 'To Do -> In Progress -> Done' flow and added the Power up for bitbucket. 

It was a LOT of fun and I learned a lot more about both Trello and Bitbucket since I hardly use those in my everyday job.

Great question by the way! 

Like # people like this
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 14, 2019

Nice, this shows how to solve everything in Jira and Programming :-)

Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2020

Hi there!

nice topic. I find most of my fun coding time I've spent it on coding challenges, enjoying the sometimes odd questions or problem scenarios. Most of the time spent on this I've done on codesignal and/or hackerrank.

Like DPKJ likes this
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 10, 2020

I was on Top Coder :-)

Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2020

I wrote code that has nothing but passing tests. Ridiculously easy passing tests. It's so when other tests are failing, and I can't figure out why, I run my passing test project to see a sea of green "PASS" messages across my screen. Great eye bleach!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events