Fun Office Online Games

Marianna Ole July 30, 2021

How can we start injecting more fun into each day? Please share your fun online office activities and online office games to play at work – basically, how you get people away from their desks for a bit and interacting with each other!
Just to start with there are some ideas & fun games to play online that you can use to have fun at work.
Let's do it)

1. Ice Breaker

A series of get-to-know-you questions is always a simple option to kick off your remote team-building event. Ask short and quick questions:

• What is the strangest item near you?
  • What topic do you know a lot of random trivia about?
  • What is a common thing that you have never done? Fly, change a tire, etc.

2. Two Truths and a Lie 

A classic party game made virtual via video conferencing; team members go round-robin telling three intriguing facts about themselves, one of which is false. The other members do their best, to tell the truth from fiction. 

3. Photo of Your Life Challenge

Each team member is tasked with summing up their life in an image taken on their phones. It could be a location, a landmark, a favorite object, a chosen hobby, or a beloved pet. Then the image is shared with the rest of the team to explain the significance and story behind the image. 

17 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2021

Those are some cool concepts!  I have definitely done the first two before.  What we have also done is a few rounds of Gartic Phone:

• Each player writes a quirky sentence
  • Then draws a picture based on a random players sentence
  • Then gets another person's random picture to describe
  • Then you find out how close the description and picture where to the initial sentence
Like # people like this
Marianna Ole July 31, 2021

Thank you, @Jimmy Seddon ) I've served it to my games library!

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2021

Nice ideas. One of the funniest game that you can play is - Dumb Charades. Just pick a movie and act it out and the team will guess it. Its a fun game which everyone can enjoy.

Like # people like this
Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2021

I personally never played it but I heard about an online game that should be a lot of fun. The game is called "Among Us" 👾 and it's an online multiplayer social deduction games for up to 15 persons.

🕹️ Here's the description from Wikipedia:

The game takes place in a space-themed setting, in which players each take on one of two roles, most being Crewmates, and a predetermined number being Impostors. The goal of the Crewmates are to identify the Impostors, eliminate them, and complete tasks around the map; the Impostor's goal is to covertly sabotage and kill the Crewmates before they complete all of their tasks. Players suspected to be Impostors may be eliminated via a plurality vote, which any player may initiate by calling an emergency meeting (except during a crisis) or reporting a dead body. Crewmates win if all Impostors are ejected or all tasks are completed, whereas Impostors win if there is an equal number of Impostors and Crewmates, or if a critical sabotage goes unresolved.

I always wanted to try it out but currently I'm not working with a team.

Here's the full article about the game.

Have you every played it? How would you rate it? Do you know of other online games like this? 🎮

promoFinal.jpg

Like # people like this
Marianna Ole August 5, 2021

I haven't played but sounds engaging. Thank you for the details @Svenja Lorenzen

Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2021

My daughter loves Among us!!! and I have to admit that I have played with her on occasion, it's quite fun and a very good idea to play with workmates!

Devin Smith September 15, 2021

played it and it is fun

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 23, 2022

You're all sus'.  It wasn't me.

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 27, 2022

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-   I know where they're gathering...

sus.jpg

Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2021

I remember we played some really simple online multiplayer games in my previous job. You just reminded it to me. I will try to do it with my current team :).

Like Marianna Ole likes this

Thank you @Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__ ) Have fun with your team!

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2021

In previous work we played draughts in online and offline mode. 

And played with Quantitative developers that one. https://www.chess.com/

Oh, yeah! Thank you @Gonchik Tsymzhitov ! I love it)

Robert Horan
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
March 9, 2022

@Gonchik Tsymzhitov - is there a fee for chess.com to set up a company team?

If so, do you know of any free resources?

Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 2, 2021

do you play them for a better team building or just for fun?

For both) Fostering a fun work environment can make your employees less stressed, more productive, more creative, and more engaged. Thank you for the question @Alexander Pappert )

Like Alexander Pappert likes this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 2, 2021

Hi @Marianna Ole this is the most trending question since an year in the projects I worked in.

In 2020 during the initial WFH days, we started with e-Coffee calls (for 10 mins). Employees have then moved to  mentioned by "Dumb Charades" as mentioned by @Kishan Sharma on Friday's. Finally we employees got used to WFH and health conscious, so currently we are doing "virtual health bites" with Yoga instructor (In-house and external) every fortnight.

Like # people like this
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 3, 2021

Thank you for the mention @G subramanyam, everybody love's Dumb Charades isn't it!! Virtual health bites is good one!

Like # people like this

Wow! Thank you @G subramanyam for sharing. I bet it's fun and productive!

Like G subramanyam likes this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 3, 2021

I love this idea!  We've done baby photos in the past.  Everyone bring in a baby photo, or sends to a manager, and then you all guess who it is

Like # people like this

Thank you so much @Liam Green 

That's great! I'm picking this up)

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 6, 2021

@Marianna Ole its really interesting to do - and some baby photos are impossible to get!

Marianna Ole August 6, 2021

Yeah)) It's hard to imagine what masterpieces could be 😅

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 3, 2021

What about a Bucket list challenge? I've always wanted to create one and it sounds like much more fun to brainstorm about it with your team than do it on your own...

That's a good one! It's never too early or too late to know your Bucket list)

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 3, 2021

I love all the comments and suggestions.  I like any get-together with food.  Any game + food seems to work well.

Thank you @Brant Schroeder

Yeah, Food is one of the trending game topics.

I can chew in front of the screen even without team gaming when I have tough deadlines 🙊

Like Brant Schroeder likes this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2021

The best response I have seen in a long time, @Marianna Ole thanks for making my day.

😆Thank you too @Brant Schroeder 🙌

Sven Cipido August 8, 2021

Once we did the photo challenge. Each team member has to take a photo through the window and post it. After that everyone has to guess who the photo was.

Marianna Ole August 9, 2021

Yeey! Thank you, @Sven CipidoFun to be continued)

Like Sven Cipido likes this
Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 8, 2021

A good game is always trivial! I also like scape room games and I have recently discovered an online pictionary game which is also very fun!

Right, they are great! Thank you, @Paloma Fondon Araujo 

https://www.countryliving.com/entertaining/a32389258/virtual-escape-room/

There are some virtual escape rooms)

Like Paloma Fondon Araujo likes this
Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 9, 2021

I love it!!! Thank you so much!!!

Thank you too, @Paloma Fondon Araujo

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 9, 2021

Thanks @Marianna Ole  for this post and others for lovely inputs, sharing past experiences.

I think we should also check Atlassian Team Playbook Collections - https://www.atlassian.com/team-playbook and plays part of the collection - https://www.atlassian.com/team-playbook/plays and try these with teams and share feedback.

Cheers

Suvradip

Hooray! Thank you so much for sharing, @Suvradip Paul

Hooray! Thank you so much for sharing, @Suvradip Paul !

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 10, 2021

Glad to hear that @Marianna Ole !

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2021

We've had some fun with Jackbox games on my teams. They've been around for a while and are fun "party games" that originally ran on a tv in a living room. They translate really well over Zoom! Fibbage is a particular favorite for us. They run pretty quick too, so you can get a couple rounds in over the course of a "meeting" in order to let everyone have a chance to be the winner. Of course, everyone's a winner when the objective is to have fun :)

Wow, nice! Thank you so much @Daniel Eads

Yeah, you are right, all of us will gain)

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 15, 2021

Great Friday off topic! 

My coworker and I have recently been spending time during our 1-1 playing WoW Classic (burning crusades) we sometimes talk about work, sometimes talk about life. I look forward to every Friday morning we get to do this and really helps me get through the week. 

We've also played Valheim, Jackbox, and Golf with Friends as a team outside of work. Since we are a 100% remote team (and due to COVID) we've always had a lot of fun playing video games together. 

Another member of our team likes to paint miniatures, so he hosted a 'learn to paint miniatures' via zoom one day which was a lot of fun! My hand was cramping by the end though! haha!

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 15, 2021

I never considered painting miniatures.  That's a really cool idea! I have a full Blood Angels assault squad begging to be painted.

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 15, 2021

Good luck! Have fun! Post pictures if you get them done :) 

Miniature Mistress on Twitter: "Lord of the Rings inspired painting memes  for the day. #lordoftherings #memes #painting #miniatures #hobby  http://t.co/X701FccjvJ"

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 16, 2021

We played Sribbl a couple of times both on-site and remote (also mixed with people on-site and on Zoom). An insane amount of fun :D 

Sedera Randria
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 29, 2021

Some of my favorite games to play with teammates :

;-)

Marianna Ole October 2, 2022

Thank you @Sedera Randria

Like Sedera Randria likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events