Friday y'All: Casual work done becomes a career or brings success in your life--what's yours?

vikram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2022

Hello Everyone, its Firday in India, I wish you all Happy Friday and Happy weekend. 

Let me tell you how an un expected and casual work done become success and brought me fame to my life --

Few years back, I casually helped a person by drafting and preparing few local documents to help and fulfill his requirements.

Now that help of drafting local documents turned me one of the popular (local) document writter in my area.

The person to whom I help, told to some one else and it went like that and know people from different areas call me and give me documents to be prepared.

This drafting work(local documents) is not my goal or my career but it brought me success and fame.

Vikram Kumar P.

4 comments

Comment

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2022

Hi @vikram 

Can't really say that I fully relate to your story, as I don't crave in my 40s to have fame.

However, what I can share with you all, is that on my previous job the desire to learn about Jira brought to me to where I'm currently at. And that is to a job position and a company which I love. And all of this because two guys decided to develop Jira :) <3

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 2, 2022

I hear knowing Jira is a pretty marketable skill these days! 😉

Like # people like this
vikram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2022

Thanks @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ for sharing, your story.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 2, 2022

@vikram happy Friday!

Actually part of my community career was built this way - I was working as an English professor and a proofreader and doing some technical writing on the side. I started researching and writing about gamification programs and theory, and then I ended  launching a career in community, building my expertise, and being a mentor to other folks who wanted to incorporate the happy little circles in their communities.  🎉

Like # people like this
vikram
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 2, 2022

@Monique vdB thank you for sharing your story -- From a English professor to community manager, I believe it is a great achivement. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2022

Mine is kind of like Alex's. Jira came into my organization after I had only been there 3 or 4 months. It was used heavily on only one project, but I liked what I saw and picked up skills with it. There was no one dedicated to the tool, so I eventually took the administration upon myself. And then eventually was assigned a full time Jira Administrator position (the only one for 1,000+ users).

Like # people like this
vikram
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 2, 2022

@John Funk thanks for sharing.

Like John Funk likes this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 2, 2022

@vikram Just goes to show that we should always be looking for ways to help others.  One of the reasons I like Atlassian software is due to the foundation it is built on of collaboration and teamwork.  The company exemplifies this through it's teams conference.  In order to have a successful team you must work together and help each other.  Thanks for sharing your great experience.  

Like vikram likes this
vikram
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 2, 2022

@Brant Schroeder thanks for sharing your experience, rightly said work together and grow together.... 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events