Friday fun: What will be the change?

Viewing page 2 of 2

30 comments

Comment

Jason H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2020

I remember reading about a company in Canada where staff could opt to be paid 80% of their salary each year for 4 years, and then take a full year off at 80% of their salary (basically the 20% they gave up for each of the preceding four years).

Like • # people like this
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2020

I heard about this as well. It seems to be a common approach for sabbatical leave programs.

Like • Jason H likes this
Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2020

Wow, This looks interesting.

Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2020

Very tough! I've had to think about this for a while.

After much thought, I believe I would heavily invest in an R&D team focused on solving this problem:

'How do employees report & track their work efficiently'

Too much time is spent telling someone what you are doing, have done, plan on doing ... for multiple reasons and at different points in time ... to different layers in the hierarchy, which requires you to modify your soliloquy ...

Let's put an end to this crazy time-gutter.

Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 4, 2020

Hi @Fernando Bordallo 

Not promoting. But EasyTime helps with keeping track of work logs automatically. Have a look to see if this is something that would help your cause :) We do our time reporting through Tempo. 

Cheers

Poorvi

Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2020

Hi @Fadoua 

"If we make you the CEO of the company what will be the first change you will impose"

Can you let me know what kind of company I am going to lead as CEO? 

On a serious note, I will try to check if the below points are covered in my company or not. 

10 Timely Statistics About The Connection Between Employee Engagement And Wellness

And on a personal note. I might implement the following. 

I like Blue Color, so I will first re-paint the office in Blue colour if they are in a different colour.

Will have an Inhouse Cafeteria where you get 24/7 food.

I would Ask the Employees to work for 3 days - Off for 2 Days - repeat Office for 3 days and so on this will carry on rotation. 

Using Green Energy in office,  Reducing the usage of plastic and paper in the office. 

-Sri

Like • Fadoua likes this
Kevin Bui
Atlassian Team
January 29, 2020

There really isn't much I'd change in my current workplace; it's mostly a very supportive, welcoming, and kind environment.

However, I do sometimes find myself getting exhausted or having trouble focusing. To that end, I'd love a dedicated nap room or something similar. Just a place where I can rest, even if just for 20 minutes, so I can recharge.

Emily Koch
Atlassian Team
February 7, 2020

In our Austin office, we do have a meditation room. I'd love to see nap rooms become more common, so I think if I were CEO, I'd do the same :)

carrie_eandm
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 4, 2020

I would allow for flex hours! Start when you want to, end when you want to. I'm not a morning person and have to be to work early. I'd rather work later into the evening and come in later.

Flex hours are also a hard system to manage projects in my field for (there's a lot of inter-department dependency). Unfortunately - probably no room for change.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events