Friday fun: What super hero are you?

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2018

As a kid I loved reading super hero comic books and the renewed interest these days in super heroes with all the Marvel and DC movies is pretty exciting to me. So, if you're like me today is all about Avengers: Infinity War (which comes out today). In light of that, today's Friday Fun is about super heroes. So, here's the question. If you could have a super power or be a super hero which power would you have or who would you be and why? I'll go first.

If I could have a super ability I would have super healing(like Wolverine). I'm actually quite a klutz and it would do me a whole lot of good ... like all the time. I routinely skin my hands, walk into walls, fracture small bones, etc. The whole super long life thing would be kinda nice too.

A side note ... my wife says my super hero ability is exfoliation because of my perpetual five-clock shadow/stubble. She calls me the Exfoliator. And along those lines how in the world does Superman shave or get a hair cut?

15 comments

Comment

Heth Siemer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2018

To be honest, I wouldn't be a superhero. I'd be a witch from the Harry Potter wizarding world! I'd also figure out a way to make it so I can summon my wand out of a tattoo that way it's never prone to break in my cloak. And have a dragon tattoo that flies around my forearm or something.

If I had to be a superhero... probably something similar to the scarlet witch from the marvel universe, or something along the lines of Recovery Girl from My Hero Academia... she kisses you and no matter the severity of your injuries she can heal you... I'm just not sure I want to kiss everyone XD

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2018

I totally agree with your Harry Potter answer, @Heth Siemer! 🧙🏻‍♀️

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2018

Does Rick Sanchez count as a superhero?  If not, then probably Rocket Raccoon.  (I'd prefer to be Deadpool, but I'm not witty enough)

Like # people like this
Heth Siemer
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 27, 2018

So I totally thought for some reason you were talking about Rick Sanders. Had to google Rick Sanchez. Totally thought the old dude was Morty and the kid was Rick... in my defense I've only seen one episode.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2018

:-)  It's quite an acquired taste, but it works for me.

And that's why I always say, 'Shumshumschilpiddydah!'

Heth Siemer
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 27, 2018

I'm assuming that's a R&M reference. It went over my head.

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2018

I feel empowered already! I read so fast it's silly, I remember most of what I read (when I care) and my hearing is super. I heard that!

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2018

Totally agree with @Heth Siemer — minus the whole Dementor/Voldemort thing, it seems like a pretty cool world, and I'd like to be able to apparate!

b8fd048a32aa591dbae528f4a80e67cb87112317_hq

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2018

For superHERO: I would choose Rogue. I've always loved her since I was a kid. She's tragic and awesome at the same time. She's kind of that meta superhero who can do anything. 

I tend to lean more towards the villainous side though. Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn continue to be my favorites. (Not the new Harley Quinn though, yuck, get out of here.) What really made me love those ladies was Batman the Animated Series. Both women were strong, smart, and funny. In a world of princesses, they are the scientists. 

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 26, 2018

I always wanted to be able to stop time like Evie in Out of This World. Does anyone else remember that show?

evie.gif

I recently realized that the main reason I want this superpower is so I can sleep in more. Dreaming big over here.

But I'm also on the Harry Potter train. Ravenpuff forever!

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2018

Oh my word! Yes I remember that. And check out that sweater vest.

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 26, 2018

I would like the superpower to have my same conscious but experience the world in another animal's body. For example, I'd love to see through the eyes of a Mantis Shrimp or Butterfly to experience colors humans have never seen before! Or, I'd like to be a whale and understand what other whales are saying to me.  

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2018

This is the most Bridget thing to ever Bridget. I love it. 😂

Monique vdB
Community Manager
April 26, 2018

+1

Heth Siemer
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2018

I just fought for a solid 15 minutes trying to get this to load right...

Bridget
Community Manager
April 26, 2018

@Heth Siemer WORTH IT! This made my day :) 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2018

Someone just reminded me.  If I'm going to choose a proper superhero, rather than characters I really like, it's Dr Manhattan, because his main power is "omnipotence"

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2018

Not to mention his ability to be blue.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2018

Well, obviously I'd like to be "Living Lightning". Not because of his super powers but because he came out in 2005. As far as I know, he was the first super hero doing that. It's good, that there are also LGBT super heroes nowadays.

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 27, 2018

I'm a "journey before destination" kind of guy so...

I'd like to be Ralph Hinkley from "The Greatest American Hero." He's just an ordinary guy who gets superpowers from a suit that the aliens gave him, and he lost the directions.

The fun part would be the challenge of discovery. Since I would also have to lose the directions to fit the role I would have to figure out ho to use the suit, what powers I had, etc.  

And I could fly.

Deleted user April 27, 2018

tumblr_nx5i5uVV0l1rvbl4vo7_540

Saitama, One Punch Man, such a down to earth guy. 

Heth Siemer
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 27, 2018

Genos is probably my all time favorite character in that series! Tatsumaki has cool powers but an AWFUL personality.

Deleted user April 27, 2018

Genos certainly is Saitama’s moral compass. 

Yes, Tatsumaki is a petulant child at the best of times. 

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2018

Being an animal lover, I think I would want my super power to be able to communicate with animals - this article outlines 15! Hard to choose :)

https://screenrant.com/15-superheroes-who-can-communicate-with-animals/

miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2018

Nice compilation here!
I'd say the most exciting for me would be the ability to become invisible. I'd like to see things I can't if caught, such as a meeting between Trump and Kim Jung Un, what my best friend is doing right now, hide on stage beside my favourite band etc... just curiosity for things I'll probably never experience. I'm also someone willing to know and get the truth so, with that ability, you can't lie to me anymore life!

PS: Love the list @Jodi LeBlanc

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 30, 2018

@miikhy - I think, sometimes it is better not to know everything 😄

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2018

@miikhy - I'd love to have that super power too, and wings or a teleporter to get to those places in lightning speed :)

miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2018

Oh yeah! +1 for the ability to teleport as well @Jodi LeBlanc

@Thomas Schlegel you’re definitely right but..... 🙄

Bryan Trummer
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 30, 2018

If I had to choose a superhero I would want to be I would have to say Thor. Just because Thor is Thor. In the movies (far more in the comic books) he has had his issues to deal with internally. However, he overcame them and grew stronger from it. Plus he had to adapt to new places (Midgard).  All sort of things I can relate with just not on a Asgardian Thor level ha ha. Also, once again, its Thor, who wouldn't want to be Thor.

thor.jpg

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2018

@Bryan Trummer All of that plus Mjolnir. (Bonus!)

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 1, 2018

Yeah, tall guy, not that good-looking, needed saving.

Daniel Holmes June 21, 2018

Green Arrow was always cool.  First saw him on the old SuperFriends cartoon when he was a special one off to rescue the other SuperFriends who had been shrunken and put into glass jars by some villain. 

Like Adrian Stephen likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events