Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday fun: What’s your plan in the event of a zombie apocalypse?

Viewing page 2 of 2

37 comments

Comment

Shaun Sheehan November 5, 2019

I would move up to my ski club in the mountains! Fewer people = (hopefully) fewer Zombies.  Plus, I'm thinking the ice and snow on the sloes might thwart them... 

Like # people like this
Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2019

Since I love to camp, and I am active with scouts, my plan would be to just go on vacation. :)

I would probably take my travel trailer and go find Rachel and her husband and set up camp. 

Sounds like a great excuse for an extended vacation. :)

PS. Thanks @Mike Cannon-Brookes for popping in and having some fun with us out here in the community. You are a rock star!

Like # people like this
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2019

Come south @Jeff Tillett !  We're hiding (from the snow...and maybe zombies) in Florida.

Maybe we can convince @Jay to hop in his rig and join us.  :)

I totally love this thread!  Really fun discussion.

Like Deepanshu Natani likes this
Panos Kouvelis November 20, 2019

That's actually one of the best answers I ever heard for a very popular question, kudos sir!

I offer my fishing skills to join the party.

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2019

I will join @Jimmy Seddon , @Jodi LeBlanc and @Mandy Ross . They have already made plans enough to survive. And yes, I will also assist @Alice with updating her Trello board :-D

Like # people like this
Alice
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2019

@Deepanshu Natani thank you! I'l be happy to get some help 😄

Like Deepanshu Natani likes this
Panos Kouvelis November 20, 2019

Probably setup a next-gen Jira project, invite shareholders to co-create a roadmap with the survival MVP epics and then start packing!

After all, we all have Jira Cloud in our smartphones...

Also we don't need to worry on updating our customer facing support. It's self-serve using answers in Confluence.

That's like a commercial right?

Second part of the commercial shows a world clean of zombies and me publishing a retrospect with reports in Confluence.

But seriously now, if I was on the side of the survivors, it would be nice to have access to military vehicles with enough fuel and ammo.

:-P

Like Tim Keyes likes this
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2019

Find an Island that has a Costco or Sams! They have everything you need  :-D

Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2020

🤔I'd give a shot at becoming a half-zombie half-human. Maybe try some experiments first to see what can be done but if they are indeed the winning side, why not try to remove some of their flesh-degrading caveats? hehehe

Tim Keyes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2020

Hoping that zombies cannot swim I would probably go to a nice island such as Hawaii or Australia.  Thinking of zombies reminds me of the white walkers from Game of Thrones.  Assuming the wall wasn't broken I would probably just stay south of the wall!

Like Shawn Kessler likes this
Shawn Kessler
Atlassian Team
February 6, 2020

Xmas gift for @Tim Keyes 

gerber.png

Like # people like this
Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
February 6, 2020

🤣If you get him that, I'll go stand behind him

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 25, 2020

I would confiscate a nice live aboard sailboat and make a go of it. I hope it comes with a captain too that can teach me the ropes. I can certainly handle the fishing, cooking, maintenance. There are some nice uninhabited islands where I can weigh anchor.

Like # people like this
Chris Cooke Old Street Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 22, 2020

Can't believe I missed this, but it seems an appropriate Necro post to bring back from the dead ;)

Great ideas here regarding Max Brooke's guide, cardio, and the need to be ready with supplies a few things the guides and movies often miss:

1.) Avoid guns, every round you fire brings more zombies than it kills, and you'll want to save the ammo for the living.

2.) Love the island idea, but so will other people, and you'll have a fight on your hands. I think @Jack Brickey 's onto something with a ship, but no man is an island.

3.) In post-apocalyptic Feudalism, it's going to be an arms race, with the biggest group best able to protect itself. Human's superpower is our teamwork. I'd recommend an armada of boats with a fairly flat hierarchy and a rotating council (pirates, we're becoming pirates). Raids on the land for supplies, a backup island colony elsewhere, a policy where you accept all recruits to keep growing the size of your armada, and when that gets too big to sustain on one island, split to one of the island colonies you've been scouting.

4.) Everyone wears Motorbike leathers. This isn't to look badass, it's just an extra life. I challenge any zombie to get through decent bike leathers.

Jelan lekr December 24, 2020

By moving that listing and well configuring jira-utility-homes and then running startup's from the deploy directory, I was able to get setup to transport beyond this point of "can't create admin consumer all person directories are read-most effective"

ɹǝʞɐq pɐɹq
Atlassian Team
January 10, 2021

This is a great strategy for avoiding Zombies.

It's a little known fact that Zombies ARE in fact allergic to Spam!

Always double tap open a can of Spam if you encounter Zombies!

leojhon January 19, 2021

This would be so awesome! I already have a house stocked full of food and survival gear. I’ve been watching zombie and survival movies for the past five years so I’m ready for anything. My main tactic would be to stay quiet, never leave my house, and hang out in the basement sharpening my knives. I also hope the zombies eat my neighbors. They are so annoying and their little dog always bites my ankles when I go outside. Bring on the zombie apocalypse

Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
February 22, 2021

We moved to the bush. Job done!!

source.gif

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events