Friday fun: Sunsets!

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2021

I volunteered to pick up the slack on the Friday Fun post this morning, and then promptly got writers block trying to think of a topic (among the usual work related interruptions of my fun).  It's getting late in the day and it occurred to me that I'm about to enjoy yet another beautiful "West Texas" sunset. FWIW, that's the part of the state, not the town named West in central Texas. cheeky  I believe sunsets in "West Texas" are the most beautiful in the world but who knows? 

I'll post a picture from my location as soon as the sun sets.  Post one from where you are so we can compare!

Cheers!

UPDATE: Well, I missed sunset while caring for my sick mother but this is a fair representation I pulled from Google images.  Imagine 250+ of these per year smile (And yes, it's this colorful.)

odessa-sunset.jpeg

Maybe I'll try to wake up and get a picture of sunrise, it's just as spectactular!

11 comments

Comment

Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2021

Southern California. Those are not mountains; clouds

sunset.jpg

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2021

@LarryBrock - love this idea.

Since I live in NYC, it's only appropriate that I post a sunset from one of my fave spots here, the High Line (a formerly-abandoned above-ground railroad track that's now a park):

IMG_20160711_200636_hdr.jpg

This photo is from five years ago, but quickly found thanks to the magic of AI.

Like # people like this
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 9, 2021

This photo is from not long after we moved into our current neighborhood, and if you squint really, really hard you might see Mount Rainier in the background...don't mind the power lines...

IMG_1189.JPG

My all time favorite sunset is from our favorite inn on the Outer Banks! Wish I was there now!!

IMG_3978.jpg

Like # people like this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 10, 2021

Great topic! My husband goes for long walks in the evenings and sends me a lot of photos from the neighborhood. We live in a small town near Prague, the capitol of the Czech Republic.

sunset.jpg

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 10, 2021

This is the official Friday sunset from our block; sometimes it's spectacular and you can barely see the Golden Gate Bridge in the distance. Yesterday it was foggy. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-10 at 9.47.12 AM.png

But this is what it looks like on a good day:

sunset.jpg

Like # people like this
Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
July 10, 2021

@LarryBrock  ours are nowhere near as spectacular as yours, in general, but we do occasionally get nice ones. Especially for a few months after a bushfire, which this one is.

sunset.jpg

Like # people like this
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 12, 2021

Yes, @Linda Milne_Togetha Group_ , west Texas pays for those sunsets with and incredibly dusty day-to-day conditions and dust/sand storms where the streetlights come on at 3 in the afternoon. smile

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2021

Here is one from our home.

20210622_204022.jpg

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 12, 2021

Not near our home, but this was from vacation over Thanksgiving in the US back in November. This is Key West, FL. 

IMG_2306.JPG

Like # people like this
Tom Kakanowski July 16, 2021

I'm lucky enough to live in a beautiful area of the world,being a photographer doesn't hurt.

Sunset_on_the_coast.jpg

Like Hana Kučerová likes this
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 16, 2021

Beautiful @Tom Kakanowski !!  Where is this?

Tom Kakanowski July 16, 2021

Near Tofino, Vancouver Island, BC Canada

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2021

I captured this last week.

IMG_20210814_203938.jpg

Like Hana Kučerová likes this
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 4, 2022

My daughter is a flight nurse on a medical transport helicopter.  She took this picture of Christmas morning sunrise from the base she was working from at Ellington Field, between Houston, TX and Galveston, TX. This air field is where the NASA astronauts fly in and out.

IMG_2519.JPEG

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events