Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday fun: Can you beat AI's intelligence in this FIFA Word Cup(2018)

Aswin Achuthan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2018

Alright, I thought to post something else but today is July 13th(1st-ever football (soccer) World Cup competition began on this day in 1930)

Football. Futbol. Voetbal. Futebol. Fußball. Fotboll. Calcio.
Soccer.
No matter how we call it, at least 3.2 billion people (almost half of the world’s population) tuned in to watch the last World Cup(2014). I don't have to explain about this world cup, you all know laugh :D

"Artificial intelligence" is the fancy word in the tech industry, Soo many companies tried predicted the winner of this world cup. But Croatia broke all those results

To be more specific, a big firm ran 2,00,000 models, mining team data and individual player attributes that enabled them to predict specific match scores. With that data, they simulated 1 million variations before the tournament and concluded that Brazil would win.
tenor-min.gif

Later, they ran the variations again and predicted Belgium would win. According to their AI's result, France has more probability of winning than Croatia.

Is artificial intelligence less than our intelligence? - Spike Jonze
My Answer: Yes

So, who do you think will win the 2018 FIFA WORLD CUP?
fifa wc1.png

And, who will win third place?

fifa wc2.png

5 comments

Comment

Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2018

I predict that the team with the most goals will win the game ;-)

and just for a fun guess, I'll say Croatia.

Aswin Achuthan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2018

haha good one 😎
Yeah Croatia is doing great..
may be we should start counting comments with respective to the country we predict 
Croatia : 1️⃣
France : 0️⃣

(Noth serious it is just a counter 😋)

Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2018

I think that could be fun :D

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 12, 2018

I'm going out on a huge limb and saying it is a four way tie for first. : )

Aswin Achuthan
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 13, 2018

Woah, I wonder how they will resolve it in unconventional way.. maybe rolling a 🎲 ? 🤔

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 12, 2018

I'm rooting for Croatia now that Belgium is out (love an underdog) but predicting France for 1st and Belgium for 3rd! 

Aswin Achuthan
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 13, 2018

Awesome! you will be happy during finals regardless of the results 😀
btw, I think so too 👍🏻

Croatia : 1️⃣
France : 1️⃣
--
Belgium : 1️⃣

Michele Lim [Cprime] July 12, 2018

Wow great article and cool way to tie in AI Aswin! I haven't been following the World Cup, but I wish they brought back the predictive Octopus, that was way more fun than those AI algorithms! (At least 8x I would think ;D) 

Aswin Achuthan
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 13, 2018

Thanks @Michele Lim [cPrime]. Yeah "Paul the Octopus" 🐙 was fun!
To be honest 2 year old Octopus's success percentage was better than AI's success percentage

Lonnie Williams July 13, 2018

I used the multiple coin toss method, France will win and England will be Third Place.

Aswin Achuthan
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 13, 2018

Was it "best of 3" 😜

Croatia : 1️⃣
France : 2️⃣
--
Belgium : 1️⃣
England : 1️⃣

Lonnie Williams July 13, 2018

Best of 5 for each!!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events