Friday fun: All about tea

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 8, 2018

Who else agrees that tea is significantly under-rated as a drink?

• It can be served cold or hot (or luke warm if you get distracted)
  • It can be almost free of calories and have health benefits or be served as a milky sweet chai with the calorie count of a small meal and many options in between
  • Even from the same plant there can be many varieties based on how it is prepared - white tea, green tea, and black tea
  • There are so many flavours and regional varieties
  • and so much more ...

Tea-meme for giggles

14445457_10157366196785004_1971647926_n.jpg

Share your tea related thoughts below

16 comments

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2018

I'm English.  Tea is built in.  ;-)

Like Kat Warner likes this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 8, 2018

Do you have a slang term for basic black tea? In New Zealand we might offer someone billy (campfire cooking pot) or gumboot (wellington/outdoor rubber boot) tea.

I love knowing that the UK has a power surge after Coronation Street because of all the kettles being switched on.

Like Simon Merrick likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2018

Sort of.  If you take one of the more popular brands of tea-bag, you'll find they're standard black tea.  Making a mug or cup of tea with one of these brands is often called "builder's tea". 

Because when you have workers around your house, and you make them tea, it's one of the brands, tea-bag in the mug. (And usually strong with a lot of sugar, but people don't assume that)

Variations like Assam, Earl grey and certainly green tea, chai, decaff, or even tea made properly (loose leaf in a pot of some sort), are never called "builders tea".

Simon Merrick November 8, 2018

I've always said "I take my tea / coffee at room temperature"

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
November 8, 2018

What is your excuse for luke warm tea?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 9, 2018

My other half drinks her tea somewhere between "warm" and "room temperature".

15 years, I love her, but still, ugh.

Like # people like this
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 9, 2018

In our household I like strong builders tea, everyone else likes ‘pish’ tea. Barely brewed with skimmed milk. 🙁

sort rare/blue equivalent in the tea world.

BiancaE
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 9, 2018

Controversial statement!

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2018

Love the meme @Kat Warner

I must confess - I was a only-when-I-am-sick tea drinker before I came to my new company two and a half year ago. Tea was for stomach pain, headache or cold only. But my colleagues made me drink more and more tea and I have to say I love eat. Doesn't matter if it's black tea, some fruit stuff or a freaky new mixture with a funny name (pretty sure real teadrinkers gonna get insane about this-I'm not sure what to think about that)

Gonna share some expressions with those names + translation (topic here - "funny" love themed names)

image.png

1. Cheeky flirt
  2. Hot love
  3. Tiny sin

Last two ones are english anyway

BiancaE
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 9, 2018

haha I know many would argue they're not real teas, but I love the infusion blended teas! @_Trello_Leader__Jodi_LeBlanc's favorite, David's Tea, has some of the tea blends I've ever had!

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2018

Lol I love the names and so colourful! 

Like BiancaE likes this
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 9, 2018

Why don’t pret know how to make tea? They always put the milk in straight away and stop the brew. It takes days to train new barristas to serve ‘ milk on the side’ and then they leave 

Like # people like this
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 9, 2018

Who still uses a proper teapot?

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 9, 2018

My father and I both do.

He's got a couple of old battered tin teapots he's used since I stole our old one when I left home.  I managed to break that one and modernised. I now use an "infuser" pot (left) instead of a "proper" teapot + strainer. 
glass-teapot-infuser.jpgdadsteapot.jpg

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2018

You made my Friday with this post! I am a teaholic! I am not sure if you drink David's Tea but I have tried every tea they have (155+kinds). They have white, green, black, matcha, mate, herbal, rooibos, oolong, and pu'erh tea. I love it hot, cold, as a latte, and as tea pop. One of my greatest tea accomplishments is being on the David's Tea wall of fame in Charlottetown when I tried every tea on their wall, and that David's Tea Twitter account follows me :) I am a super fan, I love tea almost as much as I love Trello :) 

One of my fondest memories was when was in Ottawa at the Alt Hotel, they found out my love of David's Tea and made me a tea calendar, a tea for each day of my stay until I went home. Warmed my heart, literally :)

IMG_2232.jpg

Like # people like this
BiancaE
Atlassian Team
November 9, 2018

Wow, @_Trello_Leader__Jodi_LeBlanc! This is amazing! I really enjoyed David's Tea when I was in Toronto last winter. I was shocked because it felt like there were at every corner and even still, they were all busy! It's hard to come by them here in California, but they really do have such a great selection of teas.

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 9, 2018

Thanks @BiancaE - my office used to be across the street from their Charlottetown location so I visited every chance I could. Now I buy David'sTea and steep it at home since I work remotely. This is my favourite time of year for tea - so cozy :) Glad you got to try some when you visited Toronto!

timmy
Atlassian Team
November 9, 2018

I drink 2 (hefty) mugs of organic genmai macha green tea nearly every night. Tea is must.

BiancaE
Atlassian Team
November 9, 2018

AT NIGHT?! How do you sleep with so much caffeine @timmy?

timmy
Atlassian Team
November 12, 2018

I know, right? It sounds crazy but I sleep like a baby.

Scott Grieder
Atlassian Team
November 9, 2018

Arnie_2.jpg

Arnold Palmer.

When life gave him lemons, he made lemonade and added it to tea!

Like # people like this
BiancaE
Atlassian Team
November 9, 2018

Having grown up in the states, tea was basically any hot water with dried leaves in it, but then when I lived in Europe people there introduced me to real tea vs "herbal infusions" (AKA my favorite camomile and ginger teas), and my mind was blown! I don't drink coffee so I love the hot cup ritual in the morning, and evening, and by a fire, and really just all the time (I'm having tea right now!), but I feel much more educated and appreciative of the diversitea of tea.

Leslie Lee
Atlassian Team
November 9, 2018

Does anyone love these bubble teas or boba teas? I may or may not have mild addiction. 

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 1.10.31 PM.png

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 9, 2018

So good! Those tapioca pearls are my favourite 💜💜💜

Like Leslie Lee likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 9, 2018

/me idly wonders if Boba Fett drinks Boba tea?

Like Leslie Lee likes this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
November 11, 2018

Those solid bits kinda freak me out. No thanks!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 9, 2018

Randomly, someone sent me a link to this tea-related video tonight - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eELH0ivexKA 

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
November 11, 2018

Wow - so much activity over the weekend. Thanks to everyone who has participated so far. It is heart warming ... or is that my morning cup of tea?

Heth Siemer
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2018

My sister lives in China and brought me back a traditional tea set. It has been on my bucket list to learn a traditional tea ceremony.

Karen O'Keefe January 3, 2019

I LOVE tea. When a few women friends came over one day, they asked if I have tea. "I have a tea cabinet" I replied. The next question was what kind of tea do I have. I had too many to answer the question, so I directed the tea drinkers to the tea cabinet. 

After browsing the teas, one guest asked "are you gay?" 

(I'm not, not that there is anything wrong with that). I asked what made her ask me that question. She replied that only lesbians have that much tea. 

My response was that I didn't think ridiculous amounts of tea was what defined one's sexuality, but if that was the key factor, then guilty as charged. My boyfriend said that if abundant tea defines lesbianism, he's a lesbian too.

Too funny!

Like # people like this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
January 6, 2019

Interesting - i have never heard that association before.

I aspire to have a tea cabinet now.

Like Karen O'Keefe likes this
Karen O'Keefe January 7, 2019

I had never heard that association either. However, the person asking was gay, so I assume she is correct about the association. :-)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2019

I can see this place from my front door - http://www.irvinsteaandcoffee.com/ and I've worked my way through all of their offerings.

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
January 6, 2019

Green Earl Grey? That sounds amazing!

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2021

Great Topic @Kat Warner . I came from Tea Lover Family and India is also one of the largest producers of Tea. There was always an argument between Darjeeling Tea ad Assam Tea - https://www.halmaritea.com/blog/know-your-tea-assam-vs-darjeeling/. I am now based in UK but I still love Tea here. Earl Grey would be definitely in one of my favourite.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events