Friday: Weekly Wins

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2023

Any weekly wins you want to shout about? 💥

A win could be personal or professional, a solo or shared accomplishment - the only rule is that it made you feel like a million or a billion bucks*.

Comment with your wins here!

* or whatever your local currency is

6 comments

Comment

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2023

👋 I'll start: I'm pretty sure I just earned another Skills Badge!

I say "pretty sure" because I'm still waiting for the confirmation email from the issuing authority before I start posting about it on LinkedIn 🙃

Like • # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2023

Congrats @Dave Liao!  Which badge did you take the test for?

Like • Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2023

https://enable.atlassian.com/student/page/1105866-jira-governance-housekeeping-skillbuilder-course-description

Jira Governance & Housekeeping - which I recommend for Jira admins of any level!

Like • Jimmy Seddon likes this
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2023

Congrats @Dave Liao - I also did that skills badge recently! It was an enjoyable one!

Ste

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 17, 2023

Yay, confirmed I got the badge! Had a hiccup with my Atlassian University accounts... yes, multiple. I accidentally created a second University account, so working with Support to get that fixed.

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2023

I resisted laughing out loud when the two small children bouncing on the seats in front of me on a long flight loudly referred to the attendant as "waiter". The whole section of the plane went very quiet too

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2023

This was part of taking my whole family to the UK for two weeks, which was a big win :)

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2023

I just laughed out loud at this! 🤣

Like • Matt Doar likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2023

@Matt Doar I hope you enjoyed your vacation!

Joanna Thurmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2023

@Matt Doar Ha ha. Cute. Glad you got to go back home for a while, and with little ones in tow.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2023

Just made the big move to Dubai this week! Still getting settled into some temporary housing will I work on my residency visa, but I have a nice setup so far. 

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2023

Wait, what? 😂 

Now I know more than one person in Dubai! I used to know a few more folks there, but they moved last year to pursue other jobs…

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2023

And now you have more than one reason to visit Dubai. HA!

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2023

💯 oh yeahhh!

Like • John Funk likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2023

@John Funk I think Dave summed up my reaction too.  Congrats on the move!  I hope getting settled in doesn't take too long.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2023

Thanks, @Jimmy Seddon  - I am already hard at work.  :-)

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2023

For me, both kids have been sick this week.  However, we have been puke free for 2 days and at this point that's a win in my books.

Happy Friday Everyone!

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2023

TGIF, and to being (again) healthy! 🙌 

Like • Jimmy Seddon likes this
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2023

I had a few wins on the Community just today!

• I got my 750 accepted solutions badge!
  • I achieve Level 12 - Golden Seed for Kudos!

Ste

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 13, 2023

@Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ that's awesome!

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2023

750 is quite the milestone, congrats!

Like • Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 13, 2023

My win for this week was productivity, for the first time I had to change the list limit on my "Done" Trello board to 40! 

(Fun tip I learned from @Brittany Joiner is that if you add this emoji to your list 🎉 and drag a card over to it.... well, I'll let you try for yourself and won't spoil it. But it's the best.)

Screen Shot 2023-01-13 at 2.44.39 PM.png

Monique vdB
Community Manager
January 13, 2023

The automation that creates this list for me every week is from Brittany too. So basically, I'm productive because of Brittany. 

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2023

We all are! I’ve seen her Trello presentations and I’m pleasantly surprised by all the features I didn’t know about 😆 

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 16, 2023

Hahah this all makes me so happy!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events