Friday Fun: any Pokémon Go players out there?

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2021

I've been playing Pokémon Go since it launched Summer 2016. During the pandemic, the game makers came up with safe ways to encourage gameplay without actually meeting other players.

• Anyone else play? Share your trainer code!
  • Have a fun experience you had with the game? I found a Community post with someone who's been frustrated with Pokémon in general. 😜
  • Take a photo of their Pokémon?

I'll start - here's a shot of my Pikachu[1] floating happily with Cloudie, who's taking a break from floating:

pikachu-balloons-cloudie.jpg

[1] using a potato camera, yes

33 comments

Comment

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2021

Awesome that Pikachu!

I reinstalled it a few times already. Turns out my office is a gym 😂

Not the most active player but more a player of opportunity. 

code: 7777 1080 9970

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 26, 2021

"I reinstalled it a few times already" - right?? I've played POGO on and off since I installed it originally.

I've been playing more recently my current and past coworkers are on the game plus my friend group just got into it. Go figure; social pressure is real!

Just sent a friend request - my trainer name is actually my name so there's no deciphering involved. 😅

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 27, 2021

@Dirk Ronsmans - that 7777 trainer prefix is nice! 

Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 26, 2021

Hi @Dave Liao I'm so sorry, but Pokémon stuff completelly missed me. I remember all the classmates were watching the series when I was a child, but it was never interesting for me (I don't know why :))... maybe when my children are older, they will like it and they will need some support :D... we'll see in a few years

Sorry Joey Tribbiani GIF

Like Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 26, 2021

@Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__ - Even when we were children, there's always been a glut of programs to watch!

When I watched the recent Detective Pokemon movie, I knew very little about the franchise. Everything's kind of spelled out and makes no sense anyway - ignorance might be bliss, in this case. 😄

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2021

The one and only game I play laugh

I also started playing in 2016 and last week thanks to @Earl McCutcheon inviting me to a Raid, I was able to complete my Kanto pokédex with Articuno.

My trainer code is 2663 3378 3717 heart

Here is a picture of my Pikachu on the Cloudie next to your Pikachu floating happily with Cloudie:

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-26 at 16.23.21.jpeg

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 26, 2021

Ahhhh, this is like Poke-Inception!

Like # people like this
Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 5, 2021

This is so cute!!

Rodney Nissen
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 26, 2021

I heard people were asking about trainer codes.  So here's mine.

I've been playing off-and-on since Release (well, slightly before the US Release). #MysticLife

I think I've completed my Kanto and Johto Dexes, so that's a thing. 
5557 1606 1792

index.jpg

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 26, 2021

@Rodney Nissen - friend request sent! I'm excited to be POGO friends with the Jira Guy (pending your acceptance, obviously) - and will tag you as such in the game. 😄

I have no idea what team I am, other than that I'm BLUE

p.s. I love your not-name! 😂

Rodney Nissen
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 26, 2021

That was my Geocaching nickname once upon a time, and it seems appropriate to use for location-based games

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 27, 2021

My kids run the show in Animal Crossing but haven't taken the reigns on Pokemon (yet). Enjoying the walks and getting to choose the directions for now. I don't think it will be long though before the start taking an interest in where we're going / why; hopefully I can keep them noticing the "real world" landmarks for a few more years!

Cocidious
5955 1603 5285

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 27, 2021

@Daniel Eads - happy Saturday!

Oh yeah, there's a mobile Animal Crossing game (nothing like the Switch game) and Harry Potter (which is definitely an Augmented Reality game)... 

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 27, 2021

Trainer request sent! 

Rodney Nissen
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 27, 2021

Ditto

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 28, 2021

Ditto? 

giphy.gif

nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2021

Still Need a Ditto 🤣

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2021

I've got 5! I'll save one for you 😂

Like nina_schmidt likes this
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 28, 2021

Well, I have a confession to make. I've never played it. Another shocking revelation, I'm not a game person. The only game I play is chess, chess.com, and I'm not good at it either, just for fun.

For those who are up to a chess game...

Chess.com
ickraix

Like # people like this
Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
February 28, 2021

Like Kat, Ive not played it either.

But I am intrigued by Ingress. Or maybe even Zombies, Run!! Any ideas what the difference is??

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 28, 2021

@Linda Milne_Togetha Group_ - Ingress is basically Pokemon Go with some mechanics differences. I feel like Pokemon Go is Ingress Lite. 😂 That's my understanding, anyway...

Zombies Run! is just a fun way to get lots of running in. That game doesn't care whether you're running on a treadmill or in a specific direction. I highly recommend it!

Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
February 28, 2021

Hmmmm. Not so much on the running.  😱  But a good idea.

I should just commit and give it a go. Ill report back!  🤞

Flavien Gache
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2021

I used to live on a PokeStop in 2016 when the game launched so I was playing it all day long. XD

I even bought the poke-ball keychain to automatically catch pokemons during a stroll or when running.

I did not re-installed it on my last phone however. Find it quite cumbersome on some aspects. Precisely, I moved since and it seems that the game is not as easy as it was when you don't live on a PokeStop anymore XD

Dharma Ramos
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2021

I play on and off, haven't played the last couple of months. But having friends to send gifts to, might help that. lol

My Trainer Code is 6050 5794 0679! 

Screenshot_20210301-122707_8a5f4726f7453c77b8d93615cedb556d.jpg

Like # people like this
nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2021

I restarted some months ago because of Ryan Reynolds and Pikachu 😊

here is My Code  0334 0501 0874

and I really have a Pikachu preference 😊

16B61035-7133-49DA-8DFB-7921493CEE5D.jpeg

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2021

@nina_schmidt - your username is extremely lucky! *******

Sharon Helms
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2021

We also missed out so far on Pokémon world, but this is an inspiration! Animal Crossing has been a big escape for us during the pandemic, but we could definitely use the incentive to be more active with the kids and get outside to explore especially as the weather improves this spring.

Rodney Nissen
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 2, 2021

Someone should organize an Animal Crossing get-together for the community at some point.

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 2, 2021

Maybe for Atlassian Team '21? I'd love to see a recording of a meetup like that. ♥

Rodney Nissen
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 2, 2021

I can do one better.  My switch dock is on a capture card, so I could stream it if I wanted to

Dave
Atlassian Team
March 2, 2021

I don't play exactly, but my children like to on my phone... it's a good excuse to get them out for a walk, but I do find it a little frustrating that we have to stop all the time while I wait for them to catch pokémon ! I'll admit to having sneakily caught a few when they're not with me though! :) 

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 5, 2021

I used to play a lot when I traveled to a new city or country...but since that isn't happening anymore it's less exciting. I still play sometimes when I am out on walks with my dogs but there are no stops or "quality" pokemon in my area. (Caterpie & Rattata). 

I actually was interviewed a few years back when I was playing a lot in a bigger city by a news channel talking about Pokemon Go and how it was influencing people to go to certain shops & stores. 

I also almost have every single event Pikachu unfortunately I was pretty filled up on Pokemon storage so I think I deleted a few that weren't my favorite. 

Here's my friend code! 6820 3828 0265

Like # people like this
nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2021

Pickachu Friends need to connect :-)

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2021

@Brittany Wispell - woo, you're Pokemon-famous! I don't think I've ever been interviewed by a news channel for anything...

p.s. just sent an invite!

Phil Brunel March 10, 2021

I've played at launch, but there wasn't much activity or gym close enough to progress with the time I had to play. Didn't dive back in since, maybe I should.

Like Mihai Schwarz likes this
Mihai Schwarz
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 10, 2021

Do people still play Pokemon Go or it was just a trend?

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 10, 2021

@Mihai Schwarz - only Atlassian admins play Pokemon Go now. 😅

But (more) seriously, I live in a city and my friend group still plays Pokemon Go. A bunch of us have been playing since it came out (summer of 2016 feels like such a long time ago).

Like Mihai Schwarz likes this
Mihai Schwarz
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2021

@Dave Liao- that's something! I played until 2018 I think, but after it became to distracting for me so I deleted the game.

It's nice to see that people still get together to play!

Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 30, 2021

Hi @Dave Liao ,

I have never played it. Do you recommend trying it :) 

-Sri

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2021

@Sri Kumar - only if you have extra time!

Like Sri Kumar likes this
Agatha Monteiro April 19, 2021

Parei em 2018, depois que criaram hacks ficou muito sem graça!

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2021

@Agatha Monteiro - I haven't heard about any hacks lately, I'm sure it's better now?

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2021

And three months later, I'm excited to receive Pokemon Go gifts from Atlassian Community members worldwide. It's a nice way to travel without actually traveling. 😅

Until we can trade Pokemon in-person again!

Like # people like this
nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2021

Yes this!!! @Dave Liao

0A5300E3-F32D-452A-B9EA-EFEA64D507F9.gif

Like # people like this
Rodney Nissen
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2021

I have a ton of Carnivines I'm saving for the next Team event I can go to in person.

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 12, 2021

Ooh, I don't think I have a single one of those.

Rodney Nissen
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 14, 2021

They are exclusive to the Southeastern U.S. - but I'm more than happy to share them!

Maybe I should rename them all to my URL and use them as advertising for the blog for Team '22

Pedro Silva May 27, 2021

@Dave Liao  best game ever...

nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 6, 2021

I just opened a challenge in the Game where I need to add 3 new friends - so if you received an invitation two minutes ago - that's me ;-) My Code  0334 0501 0874
Except those who I already was connected with :-)

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 6, 2021

Anyone else signed up for Pokemon Go Fest 2021 next month? 🎫

https://pokemongolive.com/events/fest/2021/

nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 7, 2021

I am not 🙈

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 7, 2021

I'll catch double the Pokemon for us 🤪

Tamanna Godara
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 7, 2021

Noob here. I have sent invites to all of you. :)
My trainer code is  022863780559...

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 7, 2021

👋 Welcome!

Like Tamanna Godara likes this
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 8, 2021

And again - my super power of missing the best topics 😅

Love it! Thanks for this @Dave Liao my code is 8480 5566 9885 - love the game 😍 to geht in touch with people 

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 8, 2021

@Fabienne Gerhard - glad you made it here, and that this is the most popular Pokemon thread on Atlassian Community 😅

Like Fabienne Gerhard likes this
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
July 8, 2021

Runner-up: The Bidoof one 66437574_60x60.gif

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 8, 2021

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- I feel Nic was rougher than he needed to be 😅

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 9, 2021

Ahaha thanks @Dave Liao - still no idea why no one joins team yellow... 😅

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 9, 2021

🤷‍♂️

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 10, 2021

I love that this page has +1,600 views.

Such engagement, much wow

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 3, 2021

@Mykenna Cepek - did you know this thread existed? 🙂

It's more useful than the Bidoof thread... I hope to never run into a real-life Bidoof that keeps me out of my house.

Mykenna Cepek
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 3, 2021

I did not! Thanks for pointing it out. My wife and I have been playing together since July 2016. I just made Level 40 this week.

Happy to make more virtual friends!

PGoCodeQR.jpeg

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 3, 2021

@Mykenna Cepek - just sent you an invite! My account is creatively named DaveLiaoGO 😅

Like Mykenna Cepek likes this
nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 3, 2021

You got another invite @Mykenna Cepek ☺️

Like Mykenna Cepek likes this
Mykenna Cepek
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 3, 2021

It's turning out to be a very Friendly Friday indeed! Invites accepted, and poke-gifts sent!

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 5, 2021

Also send you an invitation @Mykenna Cepek flegelkind here :)

Like # people like this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 3, 2021

Ok, so, I started today. Let's see, where I can get :-).

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 1, 2021

@Hana Kučerová - welcome! 🙏

Like Hana Kučerová likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events