Friday Fun: Your favorite summer drink

Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2021

Summer is over (at least in the Czech republic) :). Last week was cold and rainy. So let's remember the summer.

I'm really interested in "what's your favorite summer drink". It can be alcoholic or non-alcoholic drink. You can share recepies if you think we should try it :)

This year I started to prepare espresso tonic and it is really great. It can refresh me during hot days and its taste is nicely bitter and sweet at once (https://www.baristainstitute.com/recipes/espresso-tonic)

Espresso&Tonic: The Story of the Famous Coffee Drink | European Coffee Trip

I live in the Czech republic so I'm also a real fan of small breweries and great beer. When I travel somewhere, I always want to test some new beer. My favorite brewery is Beskydsky pivovarek in the heart of Beskydy mountains.

24 comments

Comment

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2021

@Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__ , 

wow! Espresso tonic! Sounds wonderful and looks great! I have to taste this drink ☕️

As for me, Coca-cola is my favourite one 🤩

712CCA1B-492E-46F8-8F8D-CFFF5E5F7BE8.jpeg

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2021

Sometimes it's an advantage to just buy a can of something. And you're need is international...another advantage :)

Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2021

Hi @Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__ 

My favorite drink, pink gin with lemon slush

bebida.jpg

Cheers 

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 4, 2021

@Vero Rivas niceeee, I'm just confused a little... why is it called "pink" but its color is "yellow"? Can you share a link to the recipes, please?

Like Vero Rivas likes this
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2021

Jajajajaja, that's because the lemon slush can with the pink of the gin ;o)

I'm sorry to tell you that there is no recipe because it is a glass that I invented in the venue where I go, but basically, it is the mixture of lemon slush plus pink gin, but look this

https://www.thekitchn.com/lemon-slushies-recipe-23173267 plus

https://hydradrinks.es/es/ginebra/1744-beefeater-pink-70cl.html

Cheers

Tom Kakanowski September 8, 2021

Thanks, my wife and I are gin fanatics, and I had everything around the house for this, so made her one last night, which she loved!  Don't know why I didn't do it sooner, I used to drink something similar at a local establishment, they called it a Super-Sonic Gin & Tonic, and they had a slushie machine at the bar making lemon slush so it was always on tap.

Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 2, 2021

My family is from the Czech Republic.  My grandfather was first generation American.  His father emigrated to the States.  His uncle stayed in Czech Republic.  Family name Mrazek.  Cheers! @Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__ 

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 2, 2021

My local brewery shares its recipes.  Here is one of my favorites.  

Amber Ale
Makes 3 U.S. gallons (or 11.4 L)

INGREDIENTS
2 lb (0.91 kg) Pilsner dry malt extract
1.5 lb (0.23 kg) Pale dry malt extract
11 oz (0.32 g) Crystal 40 malt
11 oz (0.32 g) Crystal 80 malt
1 oz (28 g) Nugget hops (60 minutes)
0.5 oz (14 g) Amarillo hops (15 min)
0.5 oz (14 g) East Kent Goldings hops (whirlpool)
2.5 oz (71 g) corn sugar (for bottling)
1 packet dry ale yeast (ex: Lallemand Nottingham yeast)

DIRECTIONS
Steep the grains at 160° F (71° C) for 30 minutes. Conduct a 60 minute boil, following the hop additions as listed in the ingredients. Remember, hops are listed in the time from the end of the boil! Ferment at the temperature called for by your yeast. With the Nottingham yeast, 68-70°F (20-21° C) is a good target. When fermentation is complete, bottle with the corn sugar for carbonation. If kegging, force carbonate.

SPECIFICATIONS
Original Gravity: 1.053
Final Gravity: 1.013
ABV: 5.3%
IBU: 48
SRM: 14
Boil Time: 60 minutes

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 4, 2021

Hi @Marjorie nice to meet you "neighbour" :D. It's amazing how small is the world :). Do you know which city your family comes from? And thank you for the recipes :)

Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 2, 2021

Image result for Amber Ale. Size: 204 x 204. Source: absolutebeer.com

Amber Ale.  Actually any finely crafted Ale or Beer.  I am from Wisconsin and of Czech heritage.

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 4, 2021

Beautiful...I'd like to have a few of them right now :D

Like Marjorie likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 6, 2021

Amen!

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 2, 2021

It's a bit of a weak, and rather dull answer for me, for several reasons.

First, I am very English.  So there's an obvious answer - Tea.   Clear favourite of the five broad types is black tea, and I do tend to pick up a lot of Nilgiri, Blue Lady, Yunnan or just simple Assam. 

I used to have a borderline dangerous coffee drinking habit, but swapped to tea after my dealer pointed out I was necking 24+ espressos a day.  Still partial to the odd one though.

Second, beer, on non-school-nights.  No way to name a favourite, there's so much choice.  Currently got a taste for https://pollysbrew.co , but it may change

Third, it's not seasonal for me, same drinks all year round

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 3, 2021

My dad was born in London.  My very English grandmother taught me to drink tea and to LOVE it.  

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 4, 2021

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- ,24+ espressos per day? Now I understand the number of your community posts and accepted answers :D

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 4, 2021

Yep, 24+ is not healthy. 

In my defence, I quote my doctor saying "I would rather have you drink 24 coffees and not smoke, than your previous 6 coffees and 12 ciggies" as the way I got there.

Isha September 6, 2021

I'm a tea enthusiast too and I prefer my drink natural without sugar or honey. I can't get through the day without several cups of fresh ginger tea.

Screen Shot 2021-09-06 at 12.13.14 PM.png

Like # people like this
Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
September 2, 2021

As a child of a hot climate, many and varied, just anything to keep me hydrated - usually wet, fizzy, cold with a touch of sugar. And as its spring here, I am assuming the brace position for the coming summer!

Bubble tea with ice and a little bit of sugar is good - got to be in the big city for this however. Another fave is watermelon, apple and lemon juice. But the main staple it is simply fizzy water.

Of course, theres homebrew on the weekend!

homebrew.jpg

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 3, 2021

For the longest time, I thought I didn't like Coffee.  However, I have discovered it's actually that I'm not a fan of hot beverages.  I've recently discovered Cold Brew Coffee and it's actually really awesome!

9eada0d203bfb580d801b478edd553465c7afb52.jpeg

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 3, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon with a tiny bit of sweet cream.... nom, nom, nom

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 3, 2021

YES!  This, 100%

Like Marjorie likes this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 3, 2021

It's funny I grew up with a Czech mom and an English dad.  I never had coffee and only hot tea.  Not until I went into the Marine Corps did I realize there was something called "Iced Tea".  

I thought the idea of cold tea was disgusting.  And, then I got pregnant and tried it and liked it.

I thought the idea of cold coffee was really disgusting.  And, then I tried Cold Brew last year and thought "Hmmm, why was I pushing back.  This is amazing!"

Image result for cold brew meme

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 4, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon I know cold brew coffee and I prepare it occasionally, but I have never een it with a sweet cream, I will definitelly try it :)

Like Marjorie likes this
Tom Kakanowski September 3, 2021

A subject I can get enthusiastic about!  For me Mojitos are the perfect summer drink.  I can use fresh mint from the garden, and I find them very refreshing and great for quenching a thirst.  I love a good cold Kilkenny as well, but I've been focusing on reducing carbs over the last few years, and since I make a non-sugar simple syrup, I have a perfect no-carb answer in the Mojito!

new_feature

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 3, 2021

@Tom Kakanowski such a good answer, I ADORE a good mojito!

Like Tom Kakanowski likes this
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 4, 2021

Hi @Tom Kakanowski , @Monique vdB I also like such drinks but I can't drink it quite often. The alcohol is very hidden in these cold drinks so I can drink it fast... and you can imagine what is the result :D

Like Tom Kakanowski likes this
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 3, 2021

My great-grandparents, whose family names were Kruhaj and Furjel, emigrated to the U.S. from what was still Czechoslovakia in 1922. Unfortunately I have no idea where exactly they were from, but a trip there is still on my bucket list.

My favorite summer drink is one I learned to make in college lo these many years ago. It's not classy or sophisticated, but it tastes good and reminds me of wilder times. It's called a pink camita, and it's equal parts pink lemonade, lemon-lime soda, and vodka, although you can use more or less vodka depending on how long your afternoon is and whether you need to be able to walk straight at the end of it. 😂

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 4, 2021

Hi @Esther Strom , thank you for the recipes, I think more vodka makes better drink, right? :D
I just checked names you mentioned and there are only six people with surnam "Kruhaj" and all of them live quite close to me (Ostrava, Havirov). If the visit of the Czech republic is in the top part of your list and you need some help here in the Czech republic, just let me know and it would be my pleasure to help you :). I love my country, especially the region I live in, so I am happy to help anyone who is travelling here :)

Like Esther Strom likes this
Tyler T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 3, 2021

Recently I discovered Carajillos while visiting Mexico City. Their popular cold version is espresso and Licor 43 (a Spanish liquor) shaken over ice. Super refreshing on a weekend afternoon or after dinner in the summer.

carajillo-TOSOTT-featured.jpg

https://punchdrink.com/articles/mexico-city-party-coffee-cockail-carajillo-recipe/

Like # people like this
Dharma Ramos
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 3, 2021

This sounds amazing, I love that liquor. I may have to try this, and after I try it as is, I may have to try it with a splash of milk or cream.

Like Tyler T likes this
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 4, 2021

It looks nice, I only tried Irish Coffee in the past, but never tried any cold alcoholic drink with coffee :)

Like Tyler T likes this
Harry K November 28, 2021

I love Spanish liquor as well. But maybe what I like way stronger - is cider. As I can see, it's becoming more and more popular in different areas all over the world. Few days ago, I've discovered that companies like Crafty Nectar even has started spreading their product via cider subscription for everyone who wants to get it in a specific intervals of time. It's a pretty cool idea I should say.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 3, 2021

Alcoholic: Moscow Mules and Mojitos are my favorite.  Non-alcoholic: Iced coffee with lots of milk but no sweetener, Iced tea either unsweetened with lots of lemon or sweet with the Southern US-style crushed ice.  Seltzer (I live off seltzer year-round).  Lavender dry soda.  I think I just love beverages! 

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 4, 2021

I've never heard of Moscow Mules and it looks quite simple. Vodka and ginger beer must be great together :)

Dharma Ramos
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 3, 2021

I am going to be boring and say, when it is hot out and/or I am thirsty, my favorite thing to drink is water with lemon. Though I do like the occasional iced coffee when it is hot, which is like 360 days a year here in Florida.

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 4, 2021

Hi @Dharma Ramos , you're right we forgot simple but great cold water :)

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 3, 2021

Great topic @Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__ . If it's alcoholic, I will go for Ales and Cocktails and if it's non-alcoholic then love to go for mocktails. There are many in this list so I am referring the one I tried Last week - TROPICAL TIKI SPRITZ and loved it. 

TROPICAL TIKI SPRITZ Ingredients - Tropical fruit fizz, Captain Morgan Tiki, Passion Fruit
syrup, processo and finished with dash of soda.  

1630697316623.jpg

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 3, 2021

Mine might surprise you.  I spend most of my summers hiking in the mountains and clean water is something I have come to enjoy in the summer.  If I can get cold water even better.  So my favorite summer drink is water.

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 4, 2021

Hi @Brant Schroeder sometimes the simplest answer is the correct one ;)

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 4, 2021

Non-alcoholic - water, filtered, chilled, no ice

Alcoholic - several: Mojito with plenty of mint, tequila muddled with hot pepper and lime juice over ice, nice chilled beer

Like John Funk likes this
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 4, 2021

Hi @Jack Brickey , thank you. What is the name of the beverage made of tequila and pepper? Does it have a name or is it your recipe?

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 5, 2021

I can't give up one thing, and that's coffee.

giphy.gif_cid=ecf05e47cqxgxxkr4nbmpbayirce4m3ma261k0dm4uzm5lo7&rid=giphy

In the hot summer days I love the variant with ice cream and looots of whipped cream.

Like # people like this
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 5, 2021

In summer, I prefer fresh coconut water, it keeps me hydrated :)

Coconut_Water_550x350.jpeg

Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2021

Hi 

I have multiple favourite summer drink but Mango lassi is one of my favourite one.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 6, 2021

Being from the South in the US, it's always time for sweet ice tea.   :-)

Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 7, 2021

Surprisingly exactly the same - presso tonic and beer :) 

And lately also all kinds of gin and tonic became my go-to drink, when going out somewhere.

Like # people like this
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 7, 2021

@Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__  My Favourite drink is Tea..

I am from India..Tea is all time favourite. I like Holy basil and cardamom tea. 

Tea boost the metabolism and curb the appetite. Every Indian starts there day with a cup of tea.

72294806 (1).jpg

Like # people like this
Vronik September 18, 2021

My favorite drink is a good glass of cold lambrusco wine

vino.PNG

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2021

Non alcoholic: Coffee (lots of it), tea, water

Alchoholic: Beer (Punk IPA), Wine

M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 24, 2021

Non alcoholic = Alcoholic :) = ice tea for me

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events