Friday Fun: Your Dream Destinations

Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 9, 2022

Happy Friday everyone! 

So excited to participate in my first Friday Fun!

At the beginning of summer, I have a kind of nostalgic mood about my previous travels. So I decided to recall my Dream Destinations. 

giphy2.gif

I will start with my very first Dream Destination since childhood - Japan. It was like a fairytale for a little European girl with all these traditional houses, and kimonos. But this dream is still a dream. But I have visited other Asian countries that stole my heart. For example - Thailand with rich culture and adorable nature.

My second Dream Destination is old mystery cities like Prague (Czech Republic), Lviv (Ukraine), Bruges (Belgium), and many others. Here I have already realized my Dream Destination :)

The next one was one city - Istanbul. I've been there several times and can always find some new places to discover.

And my still Dream Destination that is still just a Dream - Iceland. I hope, I will see this martian landscape someday. 

Several questions for you guys:
1. What is your Dream Destination?
2. Have you visited your Dream Destination?
3. If yes, is it still your Dream Destination?

Would be glad to read about your Dreams :)

giphy.gif

12 comments

Comment

vray June 10, 2022

Hi Nataliya,

Japan, Iceland, Europe - all are in my bucket list. Sharing some insights on a special dream destination.

• Egypt is one of my Dream Destination
    • I actually did visit Egypt last year in December for a week.
    • Egypt still remains my Dream Destination. Planning to visit some day with longer duration, may be a month! :-)
Like # people like this
Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 10, 2022

I was in Sharm El-Sheikh for a vacation, but Giza and Cairo is in my bucket list :-) Always loved to read about the history of that places. Hope, you will visit Egypt again. 

Like Amanda Barber likes this
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2022

It's Mauritius! 🇲🇺

I was lucky to have the chance to visit this beautiful, peaceful, and amazing island country in 2017.

It's such a paradise to enjoy the beach vibes and learn from the history of the DoDo birds, stunning landscape, and friendly people there.

Mauritius is still on my dream destination list for sure, I can never have it enough.

But since I've relocated to Europe, I would like to visit the secret places in the European countries like the historical architecture in tiny villages in Italy, the amazing landscape in the frigid zone in Scandinavia, etc.

Like # people like this
Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
June 10, 2022

Oh, Mauritius is so far from me. Never been there, but the view of the island is incredible. Especially this underwater waterfall. I would say, a little bit scary :)

And European vallages are a hidden treasure. So many beautiful places could be found there. Wish you to explore them! 

Like # people like this
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2022

@Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_ The underwater waterfall is absolutely breathtaking!

Like # people like this
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
June 10, 2022

My dream destination is where people live peacefully. No weapons, no war, no danger. Seems it's not possible on this planet.

So, let it be Machu-Picchu in Peru.

Like # people like this
Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
June 10, 2022

I wish we could have peaceful places on the whole planet! And do not look for a safe place. Just to explore the world with all their beauty 🙏🏻

Like # people like this
Erika Nunotani
Atlassian Team
June 10, 2022

I did a research paper on Croatia in high school, and I've wanted to visit ever since!

Like # people like this
Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
June 10, 2022

Never been there, but I have heard so many about Plitvice lakes and their beauty 

Like Erika Nunotani likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2022

Thinking mine would be a deserted island somewhere with pleasant temperatures and no storms.  

Like # people like this
Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
June 10, 2022

I have visited Maldives many years ago and that tiny island looked like a deserted island sometimes for me.

But I heard about deserted islands in Maldives and Thailand. Not sure if you can stay there, but you can visit them :) 

Viktoriya Borisova
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 10, 2022

My dream destinations are not countries/cities, but rather specific places. The day I visit the Pixar Office and/or Adam Grant's lectures, I'll gleam with joy. I want to experience the psychological intentionality of each environment. 😍 

Like # people like this
Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
June 10, 2022

Great choice! It reminds me my old dream to visit a Filming studio :) 

Darline Auguste
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 10, 2022

Love this! I've been fortunate to visit several dream destinations including Brazil, Spain, Japan and Bora Bora. They all exceeded my expectations and hold special places in my heart ❤

Like # people like this
Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
June 10, 2022

Great places :) Wish you to visit all your dream destinations! 

timmy
Atlassian Team
June 10, 2022

I was born six months before the Moon landing. My fourth birthday cake had UFOs and aliens on it (yes, I picked it out). My bookcase growing up was littered with Space-related books. I even forced my Dad to take me to a 10 pm showing of Close Encounters after seeing a trailer on TV on a Sunday night (Mom was not happy). You get it.

So, for Timmy, it is "Space or bust."

Space. First step: the Moon.

Only in my daydreams.

It is still my dream destination. Maybe I could stow away on a rocket with my stick and bindle? YOLO, peeps.

Like # people like this
Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
June 10, 2022

This interesting time when everybody talked about UFO and aliens :) Yeah, childhood dreams is always in our hearts. Anyway, this dream sounds more realistic than in years of "Close Encounters" 

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2022
    1. Camping under the Northern Lights in Norway or Sweden. No real need for the tent since there is no way I would ever sleep!
    1. Not yet, but hope to one day soon!
    1. N/A
Like # people like this
Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
June 10, 2022

I could call this "Hunting for the Northern Lights". Heard so many stories how lucky you should be to see a Northern Lights. But it worth it! Hope, you will see it some day :) 

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2022
    1. SO MANY, but I've always wanted to go to Machu Pichu and to see the Northern lights.  Bali would be great.  French wine country.
    1. Nope
    1. Yup
Like # people like this
Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
June 10, 2022

Sounds like round the world journey :) It's great to explore places in different areas of our planet. Wish you to visit them all! 

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 16, 2022

1. Disney cruise, great shows, great food, great destinations  and they take care of children!

2. Yes

3. Yes

Like # people like this
Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
June 24, 2022

Great choice for parents 😄

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2022

1. I think New Zealand would be a really cool place to visit or live for a while.  I really like to live in the places I visit for an extended period so I can really explore, learn the culture and experience everything it has to offer.  

2. No

Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
June 28, 2022

For such place as New Zealand live for a longer period there is a really good idea 🙂 There are so many things to discover 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events