Friday Fun: Who fancies a pub quiz?

Chris Whitehead March 26, 2020

As much of the world is on lockdown or in isolation over COVID-19, it's interesting that my randomly assigned time for Friday Fun should fall when it does.  

In my spare time, my "side hustle" if you will, is to work as a host of pub quiz nights.  Obviously, with us all on lockdown we can't get together for me to host these.  With an attendance of ranging from 50-100 people, twice a week, that's a lot of people in my area who no longer have that social outlet. 

So I have taken to hosting them online and opening them up to anyone, at the same day/times as I usually would, via Facebook Live.  (Just for fun, no prizes, just helping our collective mental wellbeing and a friendly face).

I am also sharing picture rounds (like the 3 rounds attached) as posts as well. 

Have a go at the attached, share with your friends, family, colleagues, and late Friday (UK time) I will post the answers in the comments. 

If you'd like to join my live broadcasts, please like/follow my Facebook page here, it'll be every Thursday at 9pm and every Sunday at 8pm UK time! - alcohol optional ;-) >> https://www.facebook.com/BigQuizLive

Screenshot 2020-03-22 at 21.27.51.pngScreenshot 2020-03-19 at 21.21.24.pngScreenshot 2020-03-19 at 20.36.51.png

6 comments

Comment

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 26, 2020

How long does the quiz run for?

Like Chris Whitehead likes this
Chris Whitehead March 26, 2020

Typical run time so far has been 1 hour 20 mins.  I do 3 rounds random subject, with answers revealed after each one and a quick review of peoples scores if you want to share too. 

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2020

@Chris Whitehead this is a really great idea!

I'm not usually good at these types of things, but Bond movies I do know very well.

I'll avoid posting spoilers so others can have some fun!

Chris Whitehead March 27, 2020

Answers have now been posted, thanks for taking part!

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
lececere March 27, 2020

Love it! I would definitely lose, but thanks for the chuckle! And thanks for doing what you're doing to help with our collective mental health!

Erik Buchholz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2020

I like that. I don't even know all the people and didn't get what to do at the third puzzle but now I want to know the answers.

For the 3rd picture round, each picture begins with the letter A (in English). Guess what it is for 1 point each. In fairness some pictures are more well know in the UK / US then others.  

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
March 27, 2020

I am definitely going to fail at this but I'll give it a try @Chris Whitehead Maybe I'll get my husband to help me. :) 

Please do, share where ever you like. Good luck.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
March 27, 2020

@Chris Whitehead is the third round album names or band names? 

Monique vdB
Community Manager
March 27, 2020

@Chris Whitehead I get it, it's lots of different things! 

Name the band for each letter. 

SPOILER ALERT!  ANSWERS HERE! 

The years are provided for some, in case you need a "tie-breaker" - two or more teams score the same amount, I use these to see who can guess the closest to the correct answer and whoever is gets an extra point/wins.

Let me know how you get on! 

Screenshot 2020-03-22 at 21.35.44.pngScreenshot 2020-03-19 at 21.22.09.pngScreenshot 2020-03-19 at 20.42.28.png

Like Dominic Lagger likes this
Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2020

Damn, I was thinking so hard how is Darth Vader associated with beginning letter A, yet the answer is so obvious..

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events