Friday Fun - What will carry to the Moon?

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2019

Human race is progressing rapidly, and traveling to the Moon is one of the greatest accomplishment we have made so far. In earlier days, it was the race of developed nations, but now developing countries like India are doing wonderful Moon missions.

A day when we all can travel to the Moon is not far away.

So, lets assume you are visiting Moon, what is the one thing that you wish to carry along?

Let me start first,

I wish to carry a bottle of Scotch. Like many, I am found of sipping whisky under the Moon light. And if I can travel to the Moon, I want to do the same thing looking at the Earth.

30 comments

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2019

The cat.  One of them would love it - she likes cheese...

Like # people like this
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 12, 2019

She would be first space cat. Also, "Space Cat" sounds like super cat, saver of all the other cat.

Like Andy - PTC Redundant likes this
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2019

I'd bring mine too, but he hates car rides. I can't imagine what he'd do on a space ship.

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2019

something like this...

catnspace.jpg

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2019

hahhaa! Oh yes! Exactly like that! :oD

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 12, 2019

Exciting - a Friday Fun thread started on a Friday morning (in my part of the world).

I was going to say my husband but I cannot carry him physically. so  would carry my sense of wonder. Looking out of the window of aeroplanes can be exciting but to see the Earth would be better still. The view from the Star Man with the Earth in the background were amazing.

Like # people like this
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 12, 2019

In my part, I had to create the thread and go to bed. :-(

Jan-Peter Rusch
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2019

Well, you can carry him on the moon & in between, so give it a try... ;-)

Like # people like this
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2019

Surely ;-)

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2019

I gotta go with telescope.  The lack of atomsphere would make for some great star searching when compared with Earth.

Like # people like this
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 12, 2019

And I hope you will send in gorgeous space wallpapers to us.

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 12, 2019

Nice one. Floyd "Dark Side of the Moon"

Like # people like this
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 12, 2019

In vinyl.

Like # people like this
Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 12, 2019

This, all the way.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2019

DSoTM .... Eclipse (A Piece for Assorted Lunatics)

dsom.jpg

Tanya C September 12, 2019

I will take a camera as well as a coat and scarf.  I think it's cold there.

Like # people like this
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 12, 2019

Great choice.

Ste
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 12, 2019

The dog is coming.

She likes to play fetch for hours - just imagine how far she'd have to run (float?) to go get a ball thrown on the moon!

Like # people like this
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 12, 2019

Dog has to come, great companion for a space travel.

They know more then us, remember Laika the dog that went before us.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 12, 2019
  1. beer - they don't have the breweries setup yet
  2. my dogs - they love running and jumping in zero-G
  3. big antenna - gotta have my Pandora/Spotify
  4. laptop - i can't let the Community go unattended 

moon.jpg

Like # people like this
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 12, 2019

@Jack Brickeytakes beers not just beer, one is not enough.

Laptop - I also want that :-)

Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 12, 2019

I'd take my golf clubs and try out a few shots. With the moon's Gravity, it would be a long shot! :-)

Like # people like this
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 12, 2019

@Pavel Junek  here is fun fact just for you Apollo 14 crew did that.

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2019

fouuuuuuuur....

moonshot.jpg

Like # people like this
Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2019

Ohhhhhh :-D :-)

Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 12, 2019

I would probably bring my paint, brushes and easel. A record of Moonlight Sonata and a bottle of the finest rhum to provide me with inspiration.

Like # people like this
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2019

@Antoine Berryyou are deep :-)

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2019

I'm taking my notebook and pencil.

+ beerS. 

Chilling on the Moon with a cristal clear Earth view, drawing something while drinking a beer - where to sign up for that travel!?

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2019
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2019

"PENCIL" is very important because space pen are expensive :-)

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2019

Looks the same way ;) 

IMG_6855.jpg

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2019

I wish I had the artistic talent to make something as awesome as that on a sticky note!

Like # people like this
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2019

@Jimmy Seddonsame here, I can only do one thing write code.

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2019

❤️ the drawing! but please draw in some of us because you look so alone.

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2019

@Jimmy Seddon @DPKJ Your skills guys are the pillars of the Community existence :) No devs, no platform for me to upload my sticky notes haha.

@Jack Brickey thanks! Will definitely spent some time, it will be a fun drawing

Like # people like this
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2019
Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2019

Wow, never! 

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2019

If everyone posts a picture of themselves here... I'll make one of my famous Fun Man Andy Photoshop artworks.

(Or I can just use your Community / LinkedIn profile photo with your permission)

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2019

lol, that sounds promising :D You have my blessing

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2019

@Andy - PTC Redundant I'm in!  Go ahead and use my community profile pic it's an accurate representation of me :D

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2019

@Andy - PTC Redundant my Community profile is public already so have at it. :-)

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2019

@Andy - PTC Redundantdraw me as Kungfu Panda. You won't find me anywhere. I have almost zero social presence :-(

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 17, 2019

The work for today - done! 

A little creative break to add a few more fellows to the Moon Party! 😎

IMG_6882.jpg

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 17, 2019

Amazing!

giphy

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2019

This is AWESOME ! ! ! ! !

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2019

I'm pretty sure a space suit would be handy.... 😵🚀 Hah hah ! ! Sorry, bit too sarcy.

I would definitely bring my Vinyl player so that people like @DPKJ , @Matt Doar @Antoine Berry and myself can play their Vinyl. 

I see this as a valuable piece of equipment though, so it's not my one item...

Actually now that I think about it, I wouldn't bring vinyl: I'm going with my Atlassian Leader Notebook (with pen) so I can continue doing what I love most :

SINGING & SONGWRITING ! ! 🎼🎵🎶😎🤘

Important Questions:

Is this an Atlassian trip and therefore we get to still use Jira, Confluence, Trello, etc. as part of necessary equipment ?? 

Same question for booze... that's just necessary supplies right?? 🍻😬

Like # people like this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 13, 2019

!

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2019

@Andy - PTC Redundantwe surely need Atlassian Tools. Otherwise it will be a mess, like most project that don't use Atlassian end up in. :-)

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2019

Ok now I need to get approval for the 2020 Summit!  I need to hear these songs first hand!

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2019

@DPKJ Praise the moon Gods! I don't know how I would survive otherwise!! :oS

@Jimmy Seddon : You really must! It will be amazing.

During late night Leader activities last Tuesday during Open Vienna @Edwin Kato challenged me to some freestyling along to the bar's music. It was around 11:30pm after many beers and merillanschnaps....! I hope I blew him away! I was pleased with ithe result myself.

Like # people like this
Edwin Kato September 13, 2019

Hahaha, you most definitely did @Andy Barker - TWNKLS AR. I was surprised you went straight in without much convincing but you did good

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 15, 2019

Hahaha! Great to hear @Edwin Kato ! Thanks for the awesome feedback 

✨😎🤘

Jan-Peter Rusch
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2019

My TEAM & all of the Atlassian Community. This will be a great trip & as a team, we can do everything!

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2019

@Jan-Peter Rusch : I am so up for being in Mission To Moon #TEAM-JP ! !  :oD

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2019

I'm a VERY nervous traveler, I also hate roller coasters.  So there would be little chance that I would actually want to go through that experience.  Though since this is a hypothetical situation, I would probably just want to have my laptop, it would have a bunch of things to remind me of home, which is something I would need. 

Like # people like this
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2019

@Jimmy Seddonthere is no way that we will leave COMMUNITY LEADER behind. :-)

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2019

@DPKJ, yeah I should also point out that I cave to peer pressure easily so it wouldn't take much to convince me doing that would be a good idea :D

Like # people like this
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2019

hmm! unlike everyone else, you can carry as many items as you like. Now come please :-)

Like # people like this
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2019

I would take my fishing rod, in case there is any hidden water below the surface of the moon so I could some kind of Moon fishing a bit like ice fishing as one of my favourite hobbies, when I am not at work is sitting on the beach relaxing and fishing often under the moonlight in the evenings at weekends. 

Like # people like this
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2019

Moon fishing, never done that, may be I can learn from you :-)

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2019

That is a fantastic idea!  I would definitely join you on that one!

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2019

oooo Kristian excellent idea. I love fishing and will most certainly join you! 🐠 🐡 

Like # people like this
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2019

My hammock, stretched between two moon rocks. 

If watching the Perseid shower from a hammock on a beach was cool, seeing it from from the moon would be interstellar.

(I'd also sneak aboard a bottle of Jefferson's Ocean. @DPKJ  had a great idea.) 

Like # people like this
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2019

Sneaking a bottle is most acceptable thing, in fact this should a be rule in Moon travel handbook. :-)

Like # people like this
Devon Henderson
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2019

A picnic lunch with crackers! After all, everyone knows the moon is made of cheese.

a-grand-day-out

Like # people like this
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2019

Too much cheese.

Martin Chalány September 14, 2019

Discgolf stuff. I think that Moon is the right place to throw my discs over 100m. :)

Like # people like this
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 14, 2019

Surely the Moon is made for that ;-)

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 14, 2019

Since all other have already taken things like Laptop, beers, pets, pencil, camera, etc

I will take a nice music system and stuff to setup a Sandwich and coffee Cart/ store on the moon :-D

You all need Snacks to enjoy your time on the moon, I will be the one supplying those to you :-)

What you can expect at the store:

• Delicious Sandwiches
  • Cool Music
  • Some cool Atlassian Swag (If Atlassian provides that to me)
  • All the Community Leaders and Rising stars get a coffee free :-P

How's this deal?

Like # people like this
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 14, 2019

Finally, we have gathered all the amenities.

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 15, 2019

Definitely want to bring my family and fur kid along to space, as well as an astronaut or two to fly the spaceship! Here are two Canadian Astronauts I met that both spent time in space, super cool! Commander Hadfield and Command St.Jacques.

IMG_3577.JPGIMG_8558.JPG

Like # people like this
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 15, 2019

@Jodi LeBlancsuper awesome.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2019

That's a really tough one.

I think I would like to take a camera, like a GoPro to record a lot of stuff and to take a bunch of nice pictures.

Like # people like this
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
September 18, 2019

I would have to go with a Storm Trooper costume

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2019

@Earl McCutcheon : But then you'd "miss" out on all the fun....? get it!?!?

🤡🤟

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
October 11, 2019

But I'd make up for it by hitting every door frame with my head

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2019

Probably a motion sickness bag ... or ten. I used to be able to handle motion, but now as I've gotten older even carousels can be a bit much.

Like # people like this
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 20, 2019

I must take the laptop with me, otherwise I will not be able to participate in community discussions!

微信图片_20190920175927.jpg

Like # people like this
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2019

I hear the internet reception is pretty spotty on the moon though.

Like # people like this
Vinod Ramadoss
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2019

Sorry for being late for the party...

If you ask me I would like to take my trekking gear along with me, i have heard there are lot of mountain like craters, so my gear would come handy.

And yes, beer crates definitely :)

Like # people like this
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 20, 2019

Trekking gear is a great idea.

Sharon Helms
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2019

I'm late to the party, too! I'd gladly join a trip to the moon, but would definitely be bringing along a RETURN TICKET to Earth and loved ones because I'd be homesick for sure!  

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events