Friday Fun: What's your go-to for cheering up?

Season
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 15, 2018

When you need a quick pick-me-up, what do you turn to? It could be as simple as a piece of chocolate, a cup of tea, a funny YouTube video. Share your go-tos below!

7 comments

Comment

Season
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 15, 2018

For me, it's all of the above.

We're lucky (or maybe unlucky!) to have a regularly-refilled candy wall at the Atlassian SF office. It just got restocked yesterday:

candy.jpg

I'm a huge fan of soothing Aveda tea - I was introduced to it at a spa and it reminds me of the relaxing experience.

But by far my favorite go-to pick-me-up is this YouTube video a former coworker introduced me to. I love how it starts out as an idyllic day at the park with wild elk lazing in the sun, then an off-leash herding dog has other ideas... ("FENTON!")

Looking forward to reading yours!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
February 15, 2018

@Season are the sour gummy worms back? Those are my jam!

Season
Atlassian Team
February 15, 2018

@Monique vdBI don't think so... but there are Sour Patch Kids. I tend to go for the Lindt Truffles on the bottom left.

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
February 15, 2018

@Season good to know!! I stopped going when the red and pink starburst selections were depleted. 

Season
Atlassian Team
February 15, 2018

@BridgetThey're BACK!

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2018

wow, what an impressive wall of sugar 😄

If we had something like this... 

But maybe it's good we do not 😉

Monique vdB
Community Manager
February 15, 2018

Beverages! I feel like I may have mentioned this in a Friday fun post in the past but I am that person at the Vegas buffet with like four different beverages at all times. (A water and a mimosa and a hot chocolate and a cappuccino? Yes please!) 

I am trying to do less of the bourbon/wine and more of the water with lemon/La Croix.  In addition to those I love iced tea and cocoa. I am trying to get more into hot tea but that's really hit or miss.  I sit right next to @Stephanie Grice who is part of the Atlassian tea club so hopefully I will learn her ways. Genmai Cha tea is delicious, though.

Season
Atlassian Team
February 15, 2018

Yes! I am a sucker for fancy infused spa waters. :)

Monique vdB
Community Manager
February 15, 2018

@Season Love them. I went to a mud spa in Calistoga and the mud was gross and smelly but the infused waters made it all worth it ;) 

BiancaE
Atlassian Team
February 15, 2018

Fancy infused spa waters +1 @Season

BiancaE
Atlassian Team
February 15, 2018

Looking at all the cute dogs on Petfinder that could maybe be mine. So far, this German Shepherd Corgi mix has won my heart. Good/bad news - it's been adopted!

corgi-german-shepherd-mix

Season
Atlassian Team
February 15, 2018

@BiancaEI totally do that too. Love looking at the little hamsters up for adoption, and even the horses!

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2018

@BiancaE OMG. ❤️

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2018

@BiancaE Omg how is that even possible to be so freaking cute! 

Monique vdB
Community Manager
February 15, 2018

Right?!?!?! So cute. I want one too!

BiancaE
Atlassian Team
February 15, 2018

@Season I didn't even know they had horses and hamsters and other small things! (I went back to browse as a "good job" for completing a task) :)

Season
Atlassian Team
February 15, 2018

@BiancaE This lil cutie! (maybe not so little) Capture.PNG

Monique vdB
Community Manager
February 15, 2018

I want Coconut the parakeet.

Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 3.23.38 PM.png

BiancaE
Atlassian Team
February 15, 2018

GAH. My heart.

Season
Atlassian Team
February 15, 2018

Coconut looks sassy!

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 22, 2018

I browse Imgur "Awww" for a cute animal antics fix.

The German shepherd/corgi mix is adorable...

Emily Errico June 21, 2018

Aw, I didn't know I needed cheering up until I saw this post. Also, I now need a German Shepherd/Corgi Mix! ♥

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2018

I love to take some time to browse Instagram because it's super visual & lets me daydream about traveling to faraway places (and even reminisce about where I've been). I'm living for the Venice photos from this account: https://www.instagram.com/p/BelGL0PFgoS

Season
Atlassian Team
February 15, 2018

@Erica Moss Beautiful! Love her shots of SF too.

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 15, 2018

I also browse Instagram, of different countries. I especially like Germany during winter! 

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 15, 2018

Tea or beer always works for me. But more important is music. Fastest way for me personally. Preferably in that mood something good, fast and hard. Even better if you can have a little sing-along with your colleague to Tenacious D ("Tribute") or Queen ("Bohemian Rhapsody") :D

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 19, 2018

I'm right there with you Max! 

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 22, 2018

Agreed- I have a youtube playlist for getting some energy going!

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 19, 2018

This never fails (and yes, safe for work but might lower your volume):

https://youtu.be/hXlY9pZUknY

Monique vdB
Community Manager
February 21, 2018

Hahaha omg that made my morning

BiancaE
Atlassian Team
February 21, 2018

This is hilarious!

Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2018

I tend to find issues in the atlassian jira bug/feature requests that turned 10 years and congratulate the issue on a long and healthy life and a prosperous future. It does not make a difference for the issue, nor speed up the work but it makes me feel awesome for never letting the ball drop like that.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
April 16, 2018

@Jonas Andersson 🤣 

The team did recently update their workflow for handling suggestions, you may be interested in this article about it

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events