Friday Fun: What's your favorite game and why?

Viewing page 2 of 2

33 comments

Comment

Tim Keyes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2020

I have always enjoyed Risk and Monopoly.

Growing up my family never enjoyed playing Monopoly with me since it always took so long to finish.  I also always enjoyed being the banker and being in charge of the money.  The last time I played Monopoly there was an electric card system for the bank! 

Like Shawn Kessler likes this
Emily Koch
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2020

I've been playing Final Fantasy XIV (PC/PS4) for the last 5 years. The community's grown a lot over the years, but it's still a very supportive place and I've made so many friends in the world of Eorzea. There's so much to do, whether it's raiding in the end-game, roleplay, crafting or gathering... there's even a nonprofit who puts on theatre productions in the game!

Like # people like this
Shawn Kessler
Atlassian Team
February 5, 2020

My fave is My Time at Portia! The voice of All Source still gives me chills!

Like # people like this
Emily Koch
Atlassian Team
February 5, 2020

@Shawn Kessler you crack me up!

Like Tim Keyes likes this
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2020

Great question!

I'm utterly in love with Worms Armageddon on PS4, well, it's the only game I play so I don't really have a basis for comparison, but I love blowing up my husband's worms with flying sheep - what's not to love! He plays loads, but I've never been a console or PC gamer (since Lemmings on my Commodore Amiga many moons ago)!

And for our wedding anniversary (12 December) last year, we bought ourselves the starter pack of Magic: The Gathering and have enjoyed a few games (of what I now know is not so affectionately referred to as 'kitchen table Magic'). We now have his'n'hers decks and matching die sets (which was to be expected!), and my Amazon Basket is full of MTG and "necessary" accoutrements! 

We also enjoy Uno (although we have to watch out for language with a +2 then +2 then +4 against 1 person, as it tends to get a little ripe!), and you can't beat a game of chess in our house!

On my phone, I can't help but indulge in a bit of Sodoku!

Like Emily Koch likes this
Peter Jessen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2020

Monty Python's Holy Grail Flux! Who doesn't love a game where the rules change with every hand and there is even the Holy Hand Grenade.

Computer game-wise - Sid Meier"s Civilization series.

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2020

But do you count to three before throwing it? ;)

Like # people like this
Emily Koch
Atlassian Team
January 14, 2020

Wait, there's a game based on Monty Python? I'll have to check it out.

Also, Civilization's pretty fun! Which is your favorite in the series?

Like # people like this
Peter Jessen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2020

Indeed there is. I loved Colonization. I've played Civ VI a bit and enjoy it. I can't remember if it was Civ III or Civ IV best.

Like # people like this
Hema Vadodaria
Atlassian Team
January 16, 2020

Charades! Always results in so much laughter as people try to act out things!

Like # people like this
Tim Keyes
Atlassian Team
January 16, 2020

Charades is a great game!  I played it a lot growing up!  Also Pictionary :)

Shawn Kessler
Atlassian Team
February 5, 2020

Charades is great to teach kids, because it doesn't involve electronics/smart phone ;)

Like # people like this
Emily Koch
Atlassian Team
February 5, 2020

For something sort of related that DOES require a smartphone, have you tried Heads Up

Shawn Kessler
Atlassian Team
February 5, 2020

Yes, my kids would play that with their grandparents whenever they came over to babysit! Fun game!

Like Tim Keyes likes this
Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
February 5, 2020

In spain we call it 'mimic' (mimica)! And yes, it's an awesome game!!!!
Now a days I actually play 'Times Up', which combines Taboo, charades and memory 😍

Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
February 7, 2020

Forbidden Island! I love co-op board games, and it's fun/exciting to watch the board change and move as you play. It's always suspenseful at the end to try to get off the island in time!

Like Monique vdB likes this
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 9, 2020

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition is one of the videogame I enjoyed the most while playing.

Is really fun and for under 2€ it's a steal. if you like metroidvanias it's a casual one but the puzzles are still fun not so hard.

header.jpg

Tai Saxty March 16, 2020

Board Game: Monopoly - its just such a classic

Computer Game: Final Fantasy - any from the collection but Final Fantasy 7 is just SO good!

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 16, 2020

@Tai Saxty I completely agree and April 10th can't come soon enough ;)

Like Tai Saxty likes this
Tai Saxty March 16, 2020

ALL the likes on your comment... ALL THE LIKES!
yes I have told the husband and the kitchen fitter that although I may be in the building... under no circumstances will I be interrupted, or sociable on that day (well I might be up until it is delivered that morning) haha

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events