Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday Fun: What's the last series you binged (either watching or reading) and why?

Viewing page 2 of 3

62 comments

Comment

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2020

My colleagues will be shocked to hear I'd recommend "Schitt's Creek" (the greatest show on television), but I most recently binge-watched the second season of "You" on Netflix (season 1 was better).

tenor

Like # people like this
Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 6, 2020

We've been burning through episodes of Superstore on Hulu. It's an easy to watch comedy about a big box store.

is-superstore-on-netflix.jpeg

Like # people like this
Jason H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 6, 2020

My latest binge was Terrace House on Netflix. Sadly, they only release 12 episodes at a time, so I have to wait another 3 months for the next set :(

Like # people like this
Adrian Stephen
Atlassian Team
January 6, 2020

Happy new year! 

I was binge-watching Messiah the past weekend! It's pretty interesting :

download.jpeg

I also binge-watched  Money heist & Ozark a few months ago.

Like # people like this
Shawn Kessler
Atlassian Team
February 5, 2020

Just finished this. Really enjoyed. Wondering if there will be a second season?

Ken Urban
Atlassian Team
January 7, 2020

Does the King Schools CFI-I (Certified Flight Instructor Instrument) video course count?  ;) 

Like # people like this
Urja Acharya
Atlassian Team
January 7, 2020

Recently, I binge-watched The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Season 3. The show was great and I loved it.

Like # people like this
Alison
Atlassian Team
January 7, 2020

Over the holidays, I watched Phoebe Waller-Bridge's Crashing on Netflix. There are only six episodes and in true PWB style, it was spicy and hilarious.

Crashers follows the lives of six 20- and 30-somethings living together as property guardians of a large, disused hospital.. Property guardianship is an arrangement by which people are granted cheap accommodation in return for living flexibly, often in desirable locations and unusual properties such as former commercial buildings like pubs, offices, police stations and even historically important properties (sounds fun to me). The guardians' continued occupation means that properties that would otherwise be vacant cannot be occupied by squatters.

I checked out the series out of curiosity as a Phoebe Waller-Bridge fan and instantly binged the whole series, the episodes are only 23 minutes each. 

Crashing_(2016_Channel_4_series).png

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 7, 2020

@Alison okay HOW IS THERE A PHOEBE WALLER-BRIDGE SHOW I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT. I need to go put a cold compress on my forehead.

And then obviously binge watch this immediately. 

Like # people like this
Alison
Atlassian Team
January 7, 2020

EXACTLY my thoughts!! 2016 PWB brilliance that Netflix just happened to show me.

Like Monique vdB likes this
Mandy Ross
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 9, 2020

Now I have a plan for this weekend! love PWB!!

Like Shawn Kessler likes this
Stacey Carmichael
Atlassian Team
January 7, 2020

Witcher is the most recent true binge. It was SO good!

Like # people like this
Karina Mikhli January 7, 2020

Agreed :)

Darline Auguste
Community Manager
January 13, 2020

Yes, so good!!

Tam Tran
Atlassian Team
January 7, 2020

I've been watching (in chronological order): 

• Game of Thrones (before I signed up for Netflix)
  • Black Mirror
  • Money Heist
  • The Witcher

The The Mandalorian seems interesting. I might find and watch it (while waiting for the next season of The Witcher)

Cheers

Like # people like this
Tim Keyes
Atlassian Team
January 8, 2020

I really enjoyed Money Heist!  I am excited for the next season on Netflix!

Todd Nimigon
Atlassian Team
January 7, 2020

Image result for the witcher netflix

The Witcher: Because Geralt of Rivia is bad ass and the games were awesome. The music also really good.

I know this is based off a book series from Andrzej Sapkowski but I feel the look and aesthetic borrows heavily from the game series (especially the third one). Viewers need to note that the series' episodes jumps between time periods and can be initially unnoticed since many of the show's characters don't really age.

Like # people like this
Muhammad Zeeshan
Atlassian Team
January 7, 2020

@Mustafa Motani would disagree with the fact that they borrowed heavily from the game series 

Mustafa Motani
Atlassian Team
January 7, 2020

Nah, this might be the case with setup and costumes. I disagreed with the casts being similar to that of games

Like Muhammad Zeeshan likes this
Muhammad Zeeshan
Atlassian Team
January 7, 2020

Sorcerer-Andrzej-Sapkowski-reacts-to-Henry-Cavills-portrayal-of-Geralt.png

Perfect way to make up for the disappointment from GoT Season 8 🤷‍♂️

Like # people like this
Adrian Stephen
Atlassian Team
January 7, 2020

I don't usually fancy documentaries but recently I've been hooked on a few documentaries on Netflix :

1. Fyre Festival
  2. Formula 1: Drive to Survive

3. Bikram: Yogi, Guru, Predator
  4. Wild, Wild Country
  5. Don't F**k With Cats
Like # people like this
Dharma Ramos
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2020

I have been watching bits and pieces about a lot of the series mentioned here, The Witcher, The Mandalorian, Watchmen, so I can't say I am binge watching them. There are a few series I binged this last year and I cant remember which one was the last one so I will name them all:

• Good Omens
  • Afterlife
  • Umbrella Academy
  • Dead to Me

I enjoyed them all.

Like # people like this
Emily Koch
Atlassian Team
January 8, 2020

I binge-watched Broadchurch on Netflix recently. If you like crime documentaries, this is a fictional series, but it's great and keeps you hanging until the end!

The Umbrella Academy is great, too. It's about adoptive siblings who grew up with superpowers who are unexpectedly brought back together to prevent the apocalypse. (I'm missing a lot of details here, but don't want to give too much away!)

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2020

I don't know if I could watch Broadchurch for the same reason I found season 1 of Jessica Jones challenging.  The 10th Doctor just isn't the same person ;)

Tina
Atlassian Team
January 8, 2020

Friends and You Season 2

It's my first time to watch Friends (can you believe that? hehehe) so I went through the whole series before its gone in Netflix.

Then I saw You has a new season so I went through it. Very disturbing so I keep on clicking the next 10 seconds button..  hehehehehe

Right now, I'm watching an old kdrama. :)

Like # people like this
Tim Keyes
Atlassian Team
January 8, 2020

Happy New Year!

I watched the Outlander series with my wife.  We are excited to see season 5 in a couple of weeks!

We are currently watching Ozark.

Like # people like this
Deepesh
Atlassian Team
January 8, 2020

Happy New Year Everyone !!!

This is my first post as got to know about Atlassian Community yesterday and it was fun reading all this :)

I was traveling a lot during Holiday season and completed following with Amazon Prime original  in transit :

1)    Inside Edge Season 2 - 10 Episodes (It has Drama , Suspense , Politics, Cricket  and Bollywood which includes almost everything I like :) )

2) Hostel Daze Season 1 - 5 Episodes (Full of Hostel life stuff .. some how you can relate some stuff to your days or you will be recalling your days if have been to hostel wings mates :) , comedy 

3) The Family Man Season 1 - 10 Episodes (Includes Action and representation of  dedication offices do to protect country from unwanted stuff .. nicely play )

Plan is to complete The Boys .

Have a great year ahead .

Like # people like this
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2020

Family man was really good. I am waiting for season 2 :-)

Dharma Ramos
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2020

I forgot The Boys, I binged that one in two sessions.

Deepesh
Atlassian Team
January 9, 2020

After Breathe , this is what I liked too

Like Deepanshu Natani likes this
Kamila Czubaj
Atlassian Team
January 9, 2020

Happy New Year :)

It is nice to be here.

So I was binge-watching The Messiah and of curse The Whicher on Netflix.

The second one I finished in one day :D

Like # people like this
Cassie Mayes
Community Manager
January 9, 2020

themorningshow.jpg

My husband and I recently finished watching The Morning Show on Apple TV+. We finished it in one weekend. It was amazing!

Like # people like this
Ben Poulson
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2020

You should also watch For All Mankind, also on Apple TV+. Fantastic alternate history show about the space race. Can't recommend it highly enough.

Mandy Ross
Community Manager
January 9, 2020

I forgot - one show I have not yet binged but plan to binge the shit out of this weekend is AJ and the Queen - featuring my idol and life guru RuPaul Andre Charles. he's a drag queen who has to do a cross country comeback tour after losing all his cash to an evil boyfriend, and an adorable smart mouthed kid latches on to him and HILARITY ENSUES. I CAN'T WAIT!!

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 9.09.23 AM.png

Like # people like this
Mariah S
Atlassian Team
January 9, 2020

Yas - I'm hosting a watch party tomorrow with a bunch of friends!

Like # people like this
Shawn Kessler
Atlassian Team
February 5, 2020

Mandy this show was tailor made for you!!!!!!!!!

Mariah S
Atlassian Team
January 9, 2020

So I had already seen season 1 but over the holidays binged season 2 & 3 of Marvels Runaways! 

Image result for Marvels Runaways!

Like # people like this
Lenin Raj
Atlassian Team
January 9, 2020

Stranger Things

Like # people like this
Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
January 9, 2020

Happy new year!

I lately succumbed to peer pressure and finally picked up The Witcher. Got me through the x-mas nights, happily holding hands with my wife and enjoying the magic thrills.

Recommended! 👍

Like # people like this
Peter Jessen
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 12, 2020

The full set of Start Wars movies over the holiday break. My fiancee (named Liya) had never seen any of the movies and didn't understand why people kept referencing her as Princess Leia. Once we finished binging all 10, we went and saw Rise of Skywalker in IMAX 3D.

We also binge watched The Mandalorian over the holiday break because who can resist baby Joda and the magic hand thing?

Shawn Kessler
Atlassian Team
February 5, 2020

Guess I need to bite the bullet and pay for Disney+...

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2020

West World on season 2

58facf2a64228.jpg

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events