Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday Fun: What kind of silly games did you and your friends/siblings play growing up?

Matt Hirschi August 27, 2020

My sister and I would have WWE style pillow fights on the bed. All it took to start up the brawl was throwing a pillow at the other for them to defend with and charging with your own pillow yelling "PILLOW FIGHT!" Then we would jump on the bed and and whoever got knocked off first, lost, but that of course did not stop the fighting there. Hallway runs through the house, grabbing the parent's throw pillows (pun intended), escalating to couch cushions, all sorts of sillyness.

Another game I played with my friends. We turned all the lights off downstairs and chuck those giant exercise balls through the pitch dark in random directions trying to hit each other. The fear, the anticipation, and the sound of the ball whistling through the dark. The game had only downsides, but was totally worth it.

10 comments

Comment

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2020

We played a game called cliff jumper.  My friend had an open loft over the first floor.  We would take mattresses and pillows from his room and his brothers room, stack them and clear hard items away from the pile of pillows and mattresses.  We would then jump off the loft landing on the pile below.  We only had the opportunity to play the game twice before his mother caught us and prevented it from happening ever again.    

Like # people like this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 27, 2020

The Floor is Lava is great game and now a hilarious Netflix series!

Like # people like this
Matt Hirschi August 28, 2020

I haven't seen the Netflix series yet, but I used to play that on the playground at school. There were a few falls, but we tried to get up as soon as possible to avoid notice. haha

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2020

Sliding down the stairs with your head first. On your back if you dared.

Stopping a bike always involved a 180 degree skid when I was ten.

Using the dinner cutlery outside for anything was a very risky game.

Like # people like this
Sharon Tan
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 27, 2020

My sister and I used to play this chicken game with our family friends - we would take a bunch of plastic easter eggs and have one person (the sleeping chicken) sit on top of all of them - sometimes blindfolded, sometimes just with eyes closed. Then we would take turns sneaking in as quietly as possible and trying to take eggs without them slapping our arms!

We also recorded some silly stuff on Talkgirls too, good times :)

Like # people like this
Rodney Nissen
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 28, 2020

There was a small stand of trees near our house growing up.  Couldn't have had more than a dozen trees.  Neighborhood kids would call it "the woods" and pretend it was our domain to rule over.  We knew it wasn't an actual forest - those were nearby.  It was just someplace for us all to get together, play/climb trees/whatever, and get away from it all.

Like # people like this
Sven Cipido August 29, 2020

Adding play cards to the bicycle spokes with clothesspins so they make noise when cycling.
Then we pretend to be formula 1 motors and race through our neighbourhood and see who was the fastest.

It was fun for us, not always for the people in our neighbourhood :-D

Sharon Tan
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 2, 2020

Spoke cards?? Y'all were before your time! :)

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2020

Oh so many fun games growing up! Most of them outside: hide and seek throughout the neighbourhood with about 30 kids, skateboard ramps, jail break, building tree houses and then using a ouija board in the treehouse when it was built (super creepy!), slip and slide water sports, water balloon fight, dodge ball, build our own pea shooters and sling shot guns, dirt biking, climbing trees, obstacle courses, in winter building skating rinks on the ponds, sledding from roofs when we got a tonne of snow - so many great memories growing up. I was always allowed to stay out until the street lights came on, but would always negotiate to stay out a few more minutes - my neighbourhood was so much fun!

Like Sven Cipido likes this
VietAnhME October 14, 2020

Childhood is memorable for everyone, I remember the Monopoly game I used to play.  :D

Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2020

A lot of things but here are some of those!

#1. Yu-Gi-Oh Training Cards

#2. Monopoly

#3. Ludo

#4. Hide & Seek

Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2021

Hi @Matt Hirschi ,

The top 3 games I played with my sibling or cousins are:

#1. Monopoly

#2. Ludo

#3. Tic-Tac-Toe

#4. Hide & Seek

Regards,

Soumyadeep

Like Harsh Tandon likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders