Friday Fun: What is your favorite donut?

Veronique DUFOUR November 5, 2021

What is your favorite donut flavor and memories related to it?

Before Covid, someone was bringing donuts at the office, every Friday or so and this started our last day of the week. It was a gathering around all the donuts, muffins boxes. Like a celebration.

I also remember one of the first time I had a donut from a Dunkin Donuts. We were going down to Wells, Maine with all my cousins and someone bought a box of donuts and it was around 6 AM (first time having a donut in the morning!).

I also remember my grand-mother home made donuts for Christmas. Miam!

I think I have a bunch of good memories around donuts :)

This is the one I usually eat from Tim Hortons, Old-Fashioned Sour Cream Doughnut. Other times I take the maple one or the blueberry one.

This year we are still working from home but I think I'll buy one for myself to celebrate Friday and -> my birthday <- that is also today!!!

Have a nice day!!

16 comments

Comment

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2021

Happy birthday @Veronique DUFOUR !  I head about Dunkin Donuts from my friends based in US. Thanks for sharing memories.

I think while we talk about Doughnuts, I think most recently we visit Kispykreme- https://www.krispykreme.co.uk/. They have on going limited edition for Diwali too - https://www.krispykreme.co.uk/diwali-dozen.html.  I also love this one - https://www.krispykreme.co.uk/assorted-ring-dozen-delivered.html and to be specific the caramel iced one.

I think I always loved doughnuts for their vibrant colours. 

Like # people like this

Thanks @Suvradip Paul !
Diwali donuts, that is great :) Happy Diwali !

Like # people like this
Michaela Staffova November 5, 2021

Ohh what a delicious question 🍩  🤤

Also, what a fun coincidence! Just yesterday, I brought a bunch of donuts/cookies/not-sure-what-to-call-them over to the office. Because sharing is caring and because shared calories are ok calories, haha 😅 

They are what we (and by "we" I mean people in the Czech Republic) call "wedding cookies". Why? You guessed it - they are traditionally served at weddings. And no no, nobody was getting married. I simply saw them in a pastry shop and was like "well this is definitely a good idea". And I was not wrong. They are divine and usually look something like this: 

Screenshot 2021-11-05 at 12.52.34.png

Ok, I effectively made myself hungry 😅

Anyway, happy birthday @Veronique DUFOUR I hope the donut is just the sweet beginning of you celebrating yourself 🙌

Like # people like this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2021

Happy Diwali 🪔 to you and family @Veronique DUFOUR

Like # people like this

Thanks @Suvradip Paul same to your family and you.

Like Summer_Hogan likes this

Thanks @Michaela Staffova these seems delicious!!

Like # people like this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 5, 2021

Looks tempting @Michaela Staffova !

As I said above I love doughnuts mostly for rich color.

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 5, 2021

My maternal side of the family is Czech.  My grandma and her sisters would get together and make Kolaches.  OH MY... the Czech people know how to bake pasteries!!! @Michaela Staffova 

Like # people like this
Michaela Staffova November 8, 2021

@Marjorie that makes me so happy, haha! Awesome to hear that you're familiar with Czech cultural heritage. 

Like # people like this
ioana.multescu November 5, 2021

Hi there :)

I live in Bucharest, Romania and we have romanian donughts here since I can remember. They are a bit different, they are dusted with powder sugar and usually not filled and we put different fruit jam/ chocolate spread/ honey on them. I personally like them plain because they are soooo sweet :)

Gogosi-pufoase-pofta-buna-cu-gina-bradea

We also have some savoury ones that are sometimes filled in with cheese or other salty ingredients. These are sometimes topped with double cream :)))

Reteta Gogosile bunicii (scovergi)

Our traditional food is usually quite heavy but tasty :)

https://rolandia.eu/en/blog/romanian-culture-traditions/14-mouth-watering-romanian-foods-that-everyone-should-try 

Have a nice weekend everyone and Happy Birthday @Veronique DUFOUR !

Like # people like this

@ioana.multescu This looks delicious. Thanks!

Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 5, 2021

What is my favorite donut?  Well, anyone someone give me, of course!  Vanilla cake with chocolate frosting is my go-to donut.  But only on very special occasions.  My old body can't eat donuts everyday.  hehehe

Image result for donut images

Happy Birthday @Veronique DUFOUR 

Image result for birthday donut

and, Happy Dwali

See the source image

Like # people like this

@Marjorie Thanks!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2021

I do not have a sweet-tooth and tend to find doughnuts just taste of oil and sweet, but when I'm in the right mood, there are two I will head for.

1.  A standard doughnut - ball of cake with a jam centre.  The standard is strawberry jam, but I prefer raspberry

2.  There's a place in Birmingham that makes small doughnuts (think the size of a macaron) - there's one that has a kiwi and lime filling with a dusting of elderflower sugar.  I could eat those until I turned into Homer Simpson.

Like # people like this

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- hum lime filling, this should taste good :)

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2021

Call me old-fashioned, but a good old-fashioned cake donut is hard to beat.  @Veronique DUFOUR  I loved the image in your post.

Like # people like this
Veronique DUFOUR November 6, 2021

Thanks @Brant Schroeder !

Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
November 5, 2021

happy birthday @Veronique DUFOUR !!!

There was a place that used to have the most AMAZING cronuts known to man - not even vaguely sweet custard filling and little bit of creamy icing stuff on the top. It was hard to stay away from them. It was a very good thing I moved.

Like # people like this

Thanks @Linda Milne_Togetha Group_ !
Where was it?

Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
November 7, 2021

Red Mango in the Greenwood Plaza, North Sydney. Not sure if they still have them as they had irregular availability when I was last there (years ago). I will add it to my to-do list if I go to Sydney!

Like Veronique DUFOUR likes this
Veronique DUFOUR November 26, 2021

@Linda Milne_Togetha Group_ Thanks for the info!

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 6, 2021

Tim Horton's Boston cream.

download (3).jpeg

Like # people like this
Veronique DUFOUR November 8, 2021

@Fabian Lim I also like Tim Horton's maple boston  :)

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 9, 2021

I tend to like the Krispy Kreme sour cream cake donut. I grew up in North Carolina which is not far from the city of origin so it always brings back youthful memories for me.

5A2C1909-E06B-4536-BE27-49C04078D69B.jpeg

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 9, 2021

My son could put away a dozen Krispy Kreme classic donuts on the way home from the KK store.

Like # people like this
Veronique DUFOUR November 11, 2021

@Jack Brickey It's very similar to the picture I put at the top :)

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 10, 2021

Happy Belated Birthday!

I'm really boring when it comes to donuts.  A chocolate dip is what I love best.

Like # people like this

Thanks @Jimmy Seddon ! No donut flavor is boring :)

Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 11, 2021

My favorite donuts are those made with white wine, they are great

rosquillas.PNG

Like # people like this

@Vero Rivas White wine in donuts? Interesting!

Like # people like this
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 11, 2021

@Veronique DUFOUR  I invite you to try them, they are delicious ;o)

Like # people like this

@Vero Rivas I have to check for a recipe!

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 11, 2021

The Brownie Crumble - with dark chocolate and brownie bits ;)

Xnip2021-11-12_11-32-03.jpg

Like # people like this
Veronique DUFOUR November 16, 2021

@Kishan Sharma  hummmm this looks delicious !

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 15, 2021

Chocolate frosted is probably my favorite donut but I love jelly filled munchkins even better (both from Dunkin's)

Like # people like this
Veronique DUFOUR November 16, 2021

@Kristin Lyons Chocolate or Jelly is always a good choice !

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 24, 2021

Toss up between the vanilla bean & blackberry jam or the PB & J - both from Doughnut Plant, and viewable here:

https://www.doughnutplant.com/filled-square-doughnuts/

Like # people like this

@Rob Horan Next time I go to New York I think I will have a difficult choice to make, event the coconut cream looks delicious!

Like # people like this
M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 24, 2021

Black chocolate frosted for me

Like # people like this
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 26, 2021

the classic one with chocolate

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 26, 2021

Caramel. Hands down the best injected donut stuffing ever. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events