Friday Fun: What is your favorite cartoon / series / movie in your childhood?

Yevhen Rohovets
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2019

Hey guys!

How about an idea immersed in memories? What do you remember about TV in childhood? What were your favorite cartoons, series, films?

I still remember the songs from "Aladdin", it was very atmospheric and sunk into the soul :) And I was a fan of the TV series “Merlin”: magic and mystery raised a dreamer in me.

What about you? What kind of people work with Atlassian?)

18 comments

Comment

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2019

That's a cool topic.

In my later childhood, I loved watching "The A-Team" and "Baywatch"! 

And for the cartoons, I always watched "Hey Arnold!"

Like # people like this
Yevhen Rohovets
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 20, 2019

Ou yes, Arnold is a top cartoon, thank for your thoughts)

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2019

The A-Team and Baywatch were a bit before my time.  But I know of their existence :D

Like # people like this
Jason H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2020

The original A-Team was fantastic!

Like Dominic Lagger likes this
carrie_eandm
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 20, 2019

I grew up watching Saturday morning cartoons: Hey Arnold, Recess, Rocco's Modern Life, Doug, Animaniacs, Tom and Jerry, Pinky and the Brain, Ed Edd and Eddy – just to name a few. There's plenty more!

And to be honest, I've tried finding them here or there as I've grown older. One I came across now with Disney+ is Darkwing Duck. Its crazy to be able to understand adult innuendos now and actually hear what writers were able to put in "kids" shows back then!

Outside of TV, I am pretty sure we owned all the Disney movies on VHS and would play those over and over and over. Fantasia was a favorite of mine!

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2019

@carrie_eandm I forgot about a number of those Saturday morning cartoons.  I'm now realizing that I may have watched too much TV growing up.

Like # people like this
Yevhen Rohovets
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 20, 2019

@Jimmy Seddon enjoy new series))

Like # people like this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 20, 2019

We must be of a similar era @carrie_eandm . I'd also add Snorks, Smurfs, The Flintstones, Jetsons, and various shows featuring Jim Henson's muppets. 

Image result for snorks gif

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2019

@Yevhen Rohovets this is fantastic!  I feel I need to start this answer with I have never stopped watching cartoons! Paw Patrol is now something I watch regularly with my son, and my wife and I love watching shows like Archer, Bob's Burgers and BoJack Horseman once our son has gone to bed.

I don't think I could pick a single favorite from my childhood, but I feel like those that I owned action figures for (and yes I still have all the toys) made a big enough impact that are worth mentioning:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Spider-Man: The Animated Series, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Beast Wars: Transformers, Pokemon

Like # people like this
Yevhen Rohovets
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 20, 2019

Ou, BoJack Horseman is beautiful, I found it recently, and it is very deep

Like # people like this
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 31, 2019

Oh, I forgot Pokemon in my answer! :-D

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 20, 2019

Great topic!

Some of my favorite movies were The Lion King, Aladdin, and Homeward Bound. 

Some of my favorite cartoons/shows 🙂🙂

ABB70C60-C0D7-4466-B250-8E70F453C41F.gif57554A0C-CE70-4183-9830-A3796A5C0A82.gif

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2019

My grandfather loved "The Magic Roundabout" and because he was one of the best humans ever, I watched the 5:55 episodes with him, totally enjoyed them, and then, after he died a couple of decades later, re-watched them all, because, that's how to remember him.  And they are still good stories.

Much as I love so many series on the idiot-box, The Magic Roundabout wins.  "N/Rick and Morty" is in second place, Futurama third.

Like # people like this
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 22, 2019

Transformers, Slam Dunk, Saint Seiya, Dragon Ball, etc., but the most impressive ones should be the Tom and Jerry.

timg.jfif

Like # people like this
Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 24, 2019

Lovely topic! 

Tom and Jerry, Popeye, Captain Planet, Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, Small Wonder, Little Mermaid, Scooby Doo, Flinstones, Aladdin and Duck Tales. 

There were my all time favourite :)

Like # people like this
Partha Mandayam December 29, 2019

I used to love Tom and Jerry and still do!!!

Also Laurel & Hardy and Charlie Chaplin

Like Deepanshu Natani likes this
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 31, 2019

I used to watch Duck Tales, TaleSpin, Gummy Bears, Tom and Jerry, Dexter's laboratory, Power puff girls, Aladdin, little mermaid and a lot more :-)

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 31, 2019

All the classics!

Like # people like this
Partha Mandayam January 1, 2020

Wow that's an awesome list!!!

Adrian Stephen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2020

I don't see Rugrats on the list! Rugrats anyone? oh and also Recess !

Like # people like this
Partha Mandayam January 7, 2020

Yes. I too loved Rugrats

Marianne Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2020

I have so many favorites!!  and I wish some of these were still available ;-)  Maybe I'm dating myself, but here goes...

My favorite cartoon was probably Hong Kong Phooey or anything School House Rock

Favorite show was the Isis/Shazam hour, and of course the week was planned around Disney Sunday nights.  Remember the days when you actually had to WAIT to see the next episode?  

I'm sure I could keep on going, and going... love the topic!

Like Partha Mandayam likes this
Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
January 9, 2020

Oh dear! the memories this question brings. I was a huge Cartoon Network fan and have some great memories of enacting scenes from:

- Dexter's lab

- Cow and Chicken

- Bugs Bunny scenes ❤️

Do you remember that one at the Opera (Baber from seville 🤔):
https://youtu.be/uYBce9Gsz7g?t=36

Peter Jessen
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 12, 2020

Oh boy, this is dating me a bit - 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Lost in Space (the original series), Mr Ed, Tom and Jerry, Bugs Bunny (where I developed a love for classical music at an early age), and the list goes on.

Two weeks ago I introduced my fiancee to Lost in Space by watching with her the original series pilot and then the first episode of the Netflix remake.

Like # people like this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
January 13, 2020

One of my enduring memories of my grandfather is him complaining about the use of classical music in Bugs Bunny cartoons. Just imagine if he saw the treatment of Tchaikovsky when Homer Simpson was in space!

Like # people like this
Jason H
Atlassian Team
January 13, 2020

I haven't thought about Mr Ed in forever. What about I dream of Genie and Bewitched?

Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
January 13, 2020

Bewitched!!! time travel moment

Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2020

Well in my Childhood, I grew up among Power Rangers :D and Captain Tsubasa ( Anime) 

-Sri

Like # people like this
Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
January 13, 2020

Captain Tsubasa!!! Wow

In Spain, that series is called 'Oliver y Benji' ❤️

Like # people like this
Tai Saxty February 4, 2020

I used to love Captain Planet. with the 5 rings of power, Earth, Air, Fire, Wind, Water, Heart.

Image result for captain planet gif"

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Shawn Kessler
Atlassian Team
February 6, 2020

Kimba and Marine Boy! (I know I am aging myself...)

Kimba.png

marine.png

Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
February 7, 2020

LOVED The Animaniacs. Being a very sarcastic kid, I could relate with them a lot and found them hilarious.

Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
February 21, 2020

Have someone watching this cartoons as a child? It was called "Los motoratones de Marte" in Spanish

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpeg

I really love them!!!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events