Friday Fun: What do you do when you have free time?

Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2021

What do you do when you have some free time?  Me, I usually don't have any free time, but when I do, it usually involves water.

• Kayaking
  • Paddle board
  • Lounging on a boat
  • Watercolor painting (stretching it)....
  • and, taking photos of the water. 

IMG_20170802_183029_217.jpgIMG_20170802_183224_936.jpgIMG_20170802_183224_937.jpg

20 comments

Comment

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2021

I spend my time in the mountains of the inland northwest.  

1280px-Barns_grand_tetons

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2021

@Brant Schroeder I am sooooo jealous.  I must go there.

Like Brant Schroeder likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2021

Ohh wow! That is an amazing view @Brant Schroeder!  I can see why you want to spend time there!

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 29, 2021

This is actually a very popular photo of the Tetons.  I like to hike here in the summer and ski in the winter.

Like # people like this
Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 29, 2021

that view woah

Like Marjorie likes this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2021

This is fascinating! 

Like Marjorie likes this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro November 6, 2021

OMG, it's absolutely fantastic! 😃😃😃

Zeeshan Sharif August 24, 2023

In the tranquil stretches of my free time, I find solace and connection through the vibrant tapestry of Instagram. As I immerse myself in its digital realms, I embark on a journey of visual discovery and human connection.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 29, 2021

I like to read or play board games with my family and friends. 

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2021

I love to read.  And, board games are the Christmas gifts for our family members this year.  Just bought Taco vs Burrito.  Sounds like fun.

Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 29, 2021

When not hurt, I run. Lots of game nights with friends. Been playing more video games recently and cooking almost daily, as I love to cook.

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2021

Running sounds good.  I have had 3 foot surgeries so my running days are in my past.  Still miss it, though.

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 29, 2021

I just play games on my playstation 😂

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2021

What games?

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2021

Thanks @Marjorie  for this thread! There are different activities for free time depending on my mood. 

I love to play board games, card games or playing in console  games with family or friends. I also love cooking new dishes. In some days, I love to go for a walk and take photos depending on the weather outside(this is one my activities mostly in summer).

Love to hear from @Marjorie  and others too.

Like # people like this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 30, 2021

I used to play football - although I should probably call it soccer to avoid confusion - for a very long time. But that very last time when I was on my way to score a goal, thinking there was no one anywhere even close to catching up with me, convinced that I was running so fast towards the goal and still got tackled by 2 guys before I even reached the penalty area ...

Well, I guess I realised that it was time to get rid of those shoes.

During covid I started playing the piano. Some say it is good for coordination and enhancing connections in the brain. Apart from that, I find it very rewarding to see that my two hands are actually capable of doing different things at the same time.

Early this year I also picked up playing tennis again. I signed up for a short training series first and was lucky to get to know a guy who is at a similar level. So we're playing on a weekly basis now, which is great fun!

Like # people like this
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 30, 2021

Soccer, guitar and peloton.

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 1, 2021

Awesome!

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 30, 2021

Lying on the sofa to watch TV and eat various snacks, although I know this is not good for health 😂

Like # people like this
Sedera Randria
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 31, 2021

STEM activities with kids :  programmable drones, ozobots 

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 3, 2021

Very interesting!  Do you have pictures of the drones?

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 31, 2021

Work on my personal Jira instance? And play with cats. 😻

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 3, 2021

Nice!

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 31, 2021

Great question @Marjorie!

I'm terrible at finding ways to take free time and fill it with something else.  Right now, outside of work, I'm:

• On the Atlassian Community (a lot)!
  • I'm playing Dungeons & Dragons virtually with the same group of friends since the beginning of the pandemic.
  • I'm also playing video games for charity, specifically I'm participating in Extra Life in support of Sick Kids Hospital.  And, when I'm not streaming my game play, I'm posting on social media to get people to support me through donations or participating in Extra Life Community discord server.
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 1, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon Wow!  That is admirable work/play.

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 31, 2021

I have so many hobbies/interests …

outdoors:

• hiking
  • camping
  • Fishing: kayak, surf, deep sea
  • swimming, body surfing in the ocean
  • Enjoying wildlife
  • walking my dogs
  • grilling

indoors:

• cooking
  • gaming
  • reading
  • movies
  • board games, puzzles
  • Answering Atlassian Community questions 
Like # people like this
Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
October 31, 2021

Slob on the couch... who has free time!!!!

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 1, 2021

Right???!!!!

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 1, 2021

I has kid.

What is this "free time" of which you speak?  This reminds me of recipes where people spread the legends of so-called "leftover wine".

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 3, 2021

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA  yes, true.  And, leftover wine LOLOL.

Like Rob Horan likes this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro November 6, 2021

Oh, @Marjorie

It's hard to answer after those pictures! 😁

Living in a city without an ocean and mountains, I do many activities more urban, missing being surrounded by nature.

But usually, I ride my biking indoors; I like to check Atlassian Community, read a book, play my guitar and sing, stay with my hubby watching TV Series, or with my parents on the weekends to drink a coffee, practice my yoga, walk with Benjamin, my brother pet.

However, I miss staying at the beach or near the mountains, breathing more natural and fresh air from nature.

Nevertheless, I believe that we're so privileged, all of us.

So, thank you for this topic. You bring me good feelings of gratitude.

Cheers,

😃🥰🙏

Like Marjorie likes this
Marc Dvorschak November 12, 2021

In my free time, I do one of these things:

• Reading (usually books about space - fictional and non-fictional) 📚🌌
  • Taking a walk (I'm lucky enough to only need two minutes to get to the next park.) 🚶‍♂️🌳
  • Playing online games on my tablet (something like Junes Journey) 🎮🕹
  • Writing fan fictions (Science fiction - Here we are again: IN SPACE!) 📜🚀
Like # people like this
Harshavardhan Bajoria November 12, 2021

During my free time I either write a poetry or just my emotions down and share it on my page at Instagram to share it with the world or listen to music. 

Like # people like this
Hieuy Mac
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 18, 2021

Airsoft! It's good cardio haha.

Like # people like this
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 24, 2021

like this one here:

- what are do doing?

- nothing

- you did this yesterday

- didn't finish it

grafik.png

Like # people like this
M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2021

walk, watch tv, listen to podcasts/radio ...etc

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events