Friday Fun: Trolling Your Colleagues

Filip Radulović November 23, 2018

It's Friday! And, everyone likes to loosen up, at least in our teams mostly consisted of young professionals.

Do you have any trollers in your team? What are the funny misdemeanors you had your team members do?

In our organization, we have a simple rule that you learn pretty fast. Never step away from your unlocked PC. What follows is usually one of the next:

1. Fake Windows Update ran fullscreen from your browser. Hillarious when reaches over 100% and when the victim starts calling colleagues to see this exceptional situation with his update. Guaranteed fun!

2. Head of Office sending email from victims PC to himself as a Letter of Resignation. A few hours later, Head of Office calling the victim for a conversation about the email and his expression to leave the company. You can imagine the expression on victims face and the wrap-off when realizing it's just a prank :)

Other types of Friday fun mostly goes to regular sharing of Rebecca Black - Friday video and other similar trolling vids.

Tell us about your Friday fun! Share the ideas, let's collaboratively troll! :)

5 comments

Comment

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 26, 2018

Oooh - a bonus Friday Fun!

I would be scared to start the pranking game in my small office. The risks are too high!

Like # people like this
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2018

Unlocked computers are a great source of pranks - fake messages in chat, giving karma to other users... There's even a page you can visit (basically http://hack) on the victim's computer that adds points to their username on a scoreboard of shame.

We also have motorized sit/stand desks, so those are another source of fun. Reversing the controls so that "up" goes "down", or even wiring the controls of the victim's desk to the desk behind them (so that your controls move your neighbor).

At my last job we also had a can of Coca-cola that we passed around. Nobody wanted it so we kept hiding it in each other's workspaces. Months would go by and voila, you discover the can of coke under your desk phone. Then you discretely find a place to hide it in your teammate's workspace...

Like # people like this
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2018

Pranks are the best - and I must confess I'm the queen of pranks in office! (In my opinion - the others see the devil in me)

@Filip Radulović Fake Update is so great - especially when people have no idea how to escape full screen. What is also great is Useless Website - always brings another fun. (e.g. End of internet, Talk to my a**,....) 

@Daniel Eads I would love a scoreboard of shame :)

Here are some standard pranks from my repertoire:
(works best with not so tech-savvy people)

• change computer mouses from people that face each other (works best with cable computer mouses) A lot of fun seeing people getting crazy while trying to use them...
  • Only works on Windows -> Windows + CTRL + C switches to greyscale and is removed only with this shortcut
  • Freeze Screen - totally love that. Screenshot from the desktop, delete all links, hide taskbar and put the screenshot as background image - let the fun begin. 
  • Olden but golden: put some clear tape on the mouse of your victim - when it's placed good it's really hard to recognize :D

Please share more ideas - can use some input as our IT department killed some of the classics. 

Like Filip Radulović likes this
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2018

Ha just got another one which doesn't even need an unlocked PC.... 

Shift+Alt+Print -> High Contrast.... makes it look like straight from darkness.

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2018

Is it bad that I'm still a huge fan of rickrolling? It's an old gag, but worth it. 

Rickrolling Wikipedia

Like Kat Warner likes this
Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2020

I installed a script on my manager's computer once that ran in the background and opened his disk tray at random intervals every 1-3 hours. He just lived with it for a few weeks 

😊

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events