Friday Fun: The Friends Edition

Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2022

Happy Friday Y'all 🙌

After a recent writing activity it's come to my attention that we've never discussed Friends 😱  my brain just can't comprehend it... How? Why? Don't believe me, check it out here...

Well, it ends today! Because if you haven't noticed the Atlassian Community is a lot like Friends...

• 🍕  we eat lots of pizza like Joey,
  • 👩‍💻  we have jobs that no one can remember like Chandler,
  • ✨  we've got positive vibes like Phoebe,
  • 👨‍🏫  we teach others like Ross,
  • ☄️  we are determined like Monica,
  • 💙  we've found our passion like Rachel, 
  • and if you haven't worked it out already, "We'll be there for you" 🎶 

@ABR as your Community Friend, I wrote this one for you and I wish you and your family a speedy recovery 💙

So, I invite everyone to join me for a Friends Friday Fun challenge, I accept gifs, favourite episodes, quotes, trivia etc. C'mon everyone, Let's go!

11 comments

Comment

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2022

Old times!! Ah 😅

Very Well Orchestrate, Wonderful Article @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ 

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2022

Thanks @Pramodh M I think it's all stemming from the fact I'm rewatching Friends at the moment 😅

Like # people like this
Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2022

I'm outing myself... I've never watched Friends. 😨

Where can I stream it?

Oh, and I'm now open for reactions like the following one:

Accordingly I'm the odd one here. 😂

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2022

And this is why these Friday Fun topics are so important, that gif sums me up well 😅

All joking aside, I actually know a few friends who haven't seen even a snippet of a Friends episode so you're not alone @Svenja Lorenzen . 

As for streaming, try Netflix in the UK they have every series on there 😄  The first episode will be like...

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2022

@Svenja Lorenzen no judgement here.  I believe @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ is correct Netflix is your best bet right now!

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2022

Hmm. It's been years since I watched Friends, although just last month I was in front of the Plaza Hotel in NYC and started singing the theme song to my wife while asking her if she wanted to jump into the fountain - so I guess it's been etched deep into my brain.

I am sure at some point I wanted to be Joey, but I really always identified as a Ross.

Here's my contribution, which is basically the answer I've given to every question over the past pandemic-crazed two years.

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2022

Once you've watched Friends it's etched in your brain for life but the more important question, did you jump in the fountain?? ⛲️ 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2022

Agreed!  Also, I loved that scene!

Like # people like this
Josh Costella
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2022

Smelly Cat gets stuck in my head an abnormal amount of times per year. 

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2022

Ahh a classic, out of interest does it happen every time you see a cat or does it just sneak up on you? 😅

Like # people like this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro January 21, 2022

Hahahahahhahahahahha! I love it!

Like # people like this
Josh Costella
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2022

@Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ It's completely random. But also triggered every time I see Phoebe or the topic of Friends lol.

Like # people like this

@Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_

I love Friends and your post connecting the Community with them. ❤️

I love cheesecake (lacfree) so, my favorite episode is this one:

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 14.35.42.png❤️😁😆

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2022

That's such a great episode even if it does leave me craving cheesecake every time 😋  

Like # people like this

Oh, me too, @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ ! 😋  

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2022

How can you not love this Joey look:

Joey.jpg

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2022

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2022

Love it

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2022

Joey does like his clothes...

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2022

I have never watched friends.

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2022

Well if the gifs are getting you a little inspired @Brant Schroeder then Netflix is the place to go 😄

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2022

Absolutely amazing post @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_!  You have completely out-done yourself this time!

I will admit that I didn't intentionally watch Friends, much like I never intentionally watched Grey's Anatomy or Gilmore Girls.  My mom & my sister were always watching them and I just happened to be in the same room playing my Gameboy.  But, I always seemed to end up paying more attention to the shows!

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2022

Thanks @Jimmy Seddon 😄  The fact that I can see Friend + Gilmore Girls + Gameboy in the same sentence is absolutely amazing! I've still got my Gameboy tucked away and as for Gilmore Girls, the show is a bit like Friends for me, quite often on repeat 😅

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2022

Double the gif for double the shows... I can't quite get over how well matched the movements are 😂

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2022

Hi @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ 

The best series in the world, I have seen it countless times and the reunion in 2021 too

I love this post, many many many thanks !!! 💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

friends.JPG

Cheers

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2022

Thanks @Vero Rivas 😊  I've got to admit, I'm still yet to watch the reunion but it's in my to watch list!! But I'm with you there, Friends is just classic!

No, thank you, I'm so happy you enjoyed our Friends Friday Fun 🥳

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2022

I'm not a huge fan of Friends, but the other day I was channel surfing and learned that Phoebe had a twin sister named Ursula.  It was about the video Joey found...

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2022

Ah the video 😳  I actually just finished watching that episode the other day! Keeping the mystery for those who haven't seen it I opted for a younger Phoebe and Ursula moment 😄

ABR January 23, 2022

Dear @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ ,

Thanks once again for filling in for me! 

It's such a fun topic to talk about!

Would you believe it, I discovered Friends with my teenage daughter, although I had known about the series since my teens! It's been our series since then! We have had such fun times around it!

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2022

I'm honestly glad I could help! Even though it's only a small gesture, hopefully it was able to bring you some Friday cheer 😊

I must admit I secretly had my fingers crossed you were a fan of Friends and I absolutely love the backstory to your Friends journey! 

I really hope you and your family are feeling a little better 💙

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events