Friday Fun - Soccer

Tomaz Alexandre Macedo Rodrigues March 22, 2019

On this day I am so happy I speak of one of my main hobby, It's soccer day, because I live in the country of football, but I only have a game on Saturday morning, but I can follow my favorite team, Vasco da Gama, my team has a great history.

Futebol.jpg

I like football a lot because I always see good friends  and always after games we have a beer kkk , I'm not a professional player, but in Brazil almost all people play . Anyway I ended up getting so busy with many services in my work that I almost miss the Friday,

7 comments

Comment

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2019

It is finally spring and March Madness* started yesterday, so this weekend I will be spending my time rooting for Duke and UNC (my wife is from North Carolina) and probably be doing some yard work since the weather is supposed to be nice here in the Pacific Northwest. 

*March Madness is a single-elimination college basketball tournament played each March here in the US.

Like # people like this
Tomaz Alexandre Macedo Rodrigues March 22, 2019

Very good! I think it is a great experience, I hope one day to have the opportunity to participate in a game of this... 

Didn't make it this week but every Friday afternoon I can, it's off to some trail on my mountain bike:
IMG_7533.JPG

Like # people like this
Tomaz Alexandre Macedo Rodrigues March 25, 2019

very good, I already practiced downhill, in the city that I lived had mountains

Karen O'Keefe March 22, 2019

I don't know anything about sports--other than Geocaching and Escape rooms--and I don't know that either really qualifies. :-) 

If you aren't aware of Geocaching--it's a worldwide game/sport/hobby that involves using GPS technology to find things other people "plant." Now, that thing could be an amazing waterfall or other geological formation. It could be a webcam. It could be a puzzle or a gathering of geocachers. And it could be Tupperware hidden in the woods. I've been enjoying Geocaching for about 10 years--and have made friends with geocachers around the country--and the world. At any given moment, millions of people are geocaching worldwide. If you haven't tried it--go to www.geocaching.com.

As far as "Escape" rooms go, I don't know if this is a worldwide thing or whether it's a US thing. The idea is you have a certain amount of time (like 60 minutes) to "escape" from a room. I use quotes around escape because you only pretend to be locked in (Fire Codes prevent actually being locked in). I recently did one called Alien Zoo, where the scenario is you are locked in a zoo on a spaceship. A former prisoner has left hints to help you find clues as to how to escape. We had to solve puzzles and manipulate various items in the first room and present our results to a 2-way mirror along with using a command in our captors' language. That got us into a second room, where we had to position lasers and solve other puzzles to obtain the crystal that powers the vapor lock to escape.

We managed to escape in 30 minutes, without benefits of clues or other outside help. It was truly fun and I look forward to the next one.

Like # people like this
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2019

I'm about to do my first Escape Room next weekend- really looking forward to it as I've heard it's a lot of fun. I'm in Vietnam, so apparently it's a thing here too. Your experiences sound so awesome, I hope my expectations aren't too high...

Like # people like this
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 24, 2019

It's actually a big thing in Germany as well. I love Escape rooms and have done almost all of them in my area (Stuttgart).

Do you know that there are also some board/card games available which are like the exit games? I love to play these as well:

Like # people like this
Tomaz Alexandre Macedo Rodrigues March 25, 2019

I liked it very much, pity that here in Brazil practice is not so common

Karen O'Keefe March 25, 2019

@carolyn french Let us know how it goes!

Like # people like this
Tomaz Alexandre Macedo Rodrigues March 27, 2019

@Matthias Gaiser _K15t_ thank you, I already played war and real estate bank, they are famous board games in Brazil 

Karen O'Keefe March 25, 2019

@Matthias Gaiser _K15t_ Thanks for the board game recommendations. I'm going to try one (or more). Someone also told me there are escape room puzzles for your phone, but I haven't tried any yet.

Like # people like this
Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2019

My plans for this weekend:

• Friday - watch Bahrain F1 FP1/FP2
  • Saturday - watch Bahrain F1 FP3/Qualifying
  • Sunday - watch Bahrain F1 GP

And maybe some other activities, but the important stuff is above.

CCM

Like # people like this
Tomaz Alexandre Macedo Rodrigues March 28, 2019

Very good, have you ever seen a GP, with Ayrton Senna?

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2019

I love soccer and played since I was six. A few years ago I played all summer, and then switched to indoor soccer domes for the winter. My first night out I collided with someone on the other team and we both broke our ankles. I decided that was the end of my soccer career to keep my bones in tact.

Like # people like this
Alex Laycy
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 14, 2019

Any other Portsmouth FC fans hiding anywhere? 😉

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events