Friday Fun: Show Us Your Office Space!

Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2023

Hi everyone,

Welcome to Friday again!

I was looking at my office space the other day and realized that it needs a refresher! I work from home full time and work close to 45 hours a week in this space, and I want it to be nice so I put some of my Funko Pops out, changed my background to something festive and added a few essentials for the day to day activities I do at this desk. I wish I could put more on my desk, but my monitors take up a lot of space. I guess I'll have to go buy a new desk soon! :)

Please tell us where you work most frequently and if you want to share, we would love to see a picture of your office space. Is it at your home, from a corporate office, from your kitchen table, from your backyard or from somewhere else? Here is where I work, although I wish I had a place outside to work. That would be ideal, but only in the cooler months.
My Desk.jpg

Have a great weekend! 

6 comments

Comment

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2023

@Summer_Hogan that's a real cool setup!

I love multiple screens! Three is the magic number :)

I work from home as well, but I'm limited to a laptop and one screen. My current setup isn't something awesome and for sure not worth showing to you at all! I prefer seeing other people's cool setups!

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2023
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2023

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ don't be shy! 🙃

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2023

Sweet monitors, @Summer_Hogan ! 

giphy

I also work from home. Traditionally, I´ve been in unfinished basements (we´ve lived in 6 places in the last 9 years) but now I actually have a corner office with 2 windows! 

Trouble with going outside is the sun on the monitor thingy :/ My office is right next to our back sliding door to the yard so come summer, I am sure I will be tempted to try working outside...

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2023

Thanks for sharing @Kristján Geir Mathiesen! That's a lot of places you have lived in! 

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2023

My wife has actually moved 7 times in last 9 years! @Summer_Hogan when we meet, I'll have to tell you that story :)

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 17, 2023

@Kristján Geir Mathiesen I can relate! I was a military brat and I move a lot when I was a kid. Yes, I'd love to hear the story sometime! 

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2023

Hey @Summer_Hogan  I once had a monitor "arm" that held 2 monitors and clamped onto my table. That freed up quite a bit of space underneath them. You might want to look into that...

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 17, 2023

That's a great idea! I will definitely look into that! Thanks for the suggestion! 

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2023

It’s temporary as I just moved to Dubai, but here it is 

E42F84F5-E03E-4156-8028-5D041FA820EA.jpeg

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 17, 2023

This is great @John Funk - nice and simple! Thanks for sharing!

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2023

Chef's kiss @John Funk ! I'm all about simple too!

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2023

It's a little more complicated now that I am more settled. Definitely messier. But it's also just temporary. 

Like Amanda Barber likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2023

@Summer_Hogan - This is typically what my desk looks like - that is, empty - I just removed my wallet because it's kind of ratty-looking. 🤣

And yes, that's a "vintage" IBM PS/2 keyboard that I somehow still have from years ago.

low-res-desk.jpeg

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2023

@Summer_Hogan still catching up from the early 2023 posts. I work 4x/week in the office and 1x/week at home in my home office. Except I am practically back at my home office desk every night too, so...

My wife renovated the attic into a home office for me in 2010, and my desk is nestled in a dormer on the back of the house. I have fresh air and sunshine directly behind my monitors, fresh coffee in the kitchen downstairs and all of my Atlassian community Swag helping me be as productive as I can.

IMG_4965.jpg 

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2023

@Andy Gladstone - I like your wallpaper, did you take that?

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2023

I wish @Dave Liao. A close friend hiking up Bear Mountain (NY) in the Autumn of 2000 snapped that one.

Like Amanda Barber likes this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro January 25, 2023

Hi @Summer_Hogan

Better late than ever, but I'm here, and I'll share a picture from my Office.

Sometimes I'd love to have a third screen, and other times I wish to have a place outside to work. While it is not happening, hehehe, here is the picture in a night period. 

WhatsApp Image 2023-01-25 at 13.45.24.jpeg

And BTW, I enjoyed all pic's from this post. Have a great day, everyone! ❤️😃☀️

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events