Friday Fun - Share the photos of your pets

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2020

Its been a long time that we had a Friday Fun thread on our pets.

So lets share the photos of our cute furry babies and also interesting facts about them.

Let me start first. I have two dogs.

Meet Buddy: He is 1 year 3 months old. Loves playing the "fetch game". 

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-04 at 1.06.01 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-04 at 1.04.52 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-12-04 at 1.04.22 PM.jpeg

And she is Lisa. She is 1 year 5 months old. Loves playing "Catch me if you can" game! Sleeps with a smiling face :-D

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-04 at 1.09.55 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-12-04 at 1.08.59 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-12-04 at 1.08.07 PM.jpeg

20 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2020

@Deepanshu Natani I love it! You are absolutely right it has been too long since there was a pet thread for Friday Fun.

For anyone who hasn't seen my pair of hooligans.

This is Spirit:

20201123_081100.jpg

I call him the American Psycho.  He's a really sweet boy, but in the 4 years that we have had him he has managed to kill three rabbits and one baby skunk (and he didn't get sprayed by the skunk in the process).

Next, this is Tana:

20201123_081141.jpg

Three months ago she had knee surgery because she had a torn ACL and almost no meniscus remaining in her right hind knee.  It was a long road to recovery, but now she can play in the snow which she loves doing, and she can go on walk as long as Spirit can (previously we couldn't even take her to the end of the street without me having to carry her back home).

Who's next!

Like # people like this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2020

Screenshot 2020-12-04 at 13.49.13.png

Meet Lewis, doing his personal interpretation of yoga. He definitely has 2 parts right: he's totally at piece and he is using a yoga mat!

He's a very sweet little guy, fond of company and really helpful around the house - e.g. he's helped me typing emails on several occasions.

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2020

@Walter Buggenhout that's awesome!  The "Comfy Cat" pose!

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2020

May I introduce Max and Brúnó. Max is the calm, older and more distinguished of the two. He is a seven year old Daltese (Dachshund and Maltese). Sleeps 94% of the day. Brúnó is a four month old Shorkie (Shih Tzu and Yorkshire Terrier). We call him the terrorist since he relentlessly chases Max around and nips at his long haired ears. Then just before Brúnó falls asleep, he calms down :)

Bruno 15 nov 2020a.JPEGBruno 20 okt 2020.JPEGMax_sept_2018.JPG

Like # people like this
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2020

Those aren't real... They are straight up stuffed animals... Wow.

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2020

Hahaha @Mike Rathwell  they do look like stuffed animals but Brúnó, man he sure is alive and kickin' :=)  Thanks.

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2020

I love seeing everyone's pets! I'm currently petless, but I'll share my departed but still beloved furbabies.

This is Waldo, aka Waldimus Maximus.waldo.jpg

Then we have Basil Rathbone.

basil.jpg

And finally Bell, queen of resting bitchface 🤣

bell.jpg

All three were elderly and rescued from high-kill shelters. I didn't have much time with any of them, but my life is infinitely better for the short time they were with me.

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 4, 2020

@Esther Strom what a wonderful thing to do for them. 

Like # people like this
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2020

I could not agree more @Monique vdB . That is the right thing to do and speaks highly of @Esther Strom . It breaks my heart when I see older pets that are harder to place because... older... who have been brought up to think they are people and find themselves living in a box.

More than a few times I have paid the adoption fee on older cats to make them easier for some to adopt. They look so sad and need a new home to love them and I (apparently) can't bring them all home.

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2020

Really, I have my parents to thank. They were both animal lovers, and growing up we always had multiple rescue dogs.

@Mike Rathwell that's exactly why I always adopt older animals. Puppies and kittens are cute and get adopted quickly. But very few people want to bother with an animal that they may only have a year or two with, or one that may have ingrained issues from abuse or neglect, who they know is going to cost them a lot of money in vet bills. I'm lucky that I can afford to do this; not everyone can. 

Like Katie_R likes this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2020

@Esther Strom  💚💚

Flavien Gache
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2020

My cat Bulma.

Drinking water from a glass, like humans do.

VID_20170706_230324-ANIMATION.gif

Preventing me from working.

IMG_20191108_081912.jpg

Asking for tea.

IMG_20170605_195423.jpg

It goes on and on and on ... I adore that pet :3

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 4, 2020

This is my god-dog Brisket, experiencing the beach for the first time. His haircut is ever-evolving and always looks absurd. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 9.18.33 AM.png

Like # people like this
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2020

With that tagline, I'm gonna need to see more photos of this aforementioned ever-evolving haircuts!

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2020

Seeing that picture this is what I imagine is going through Brisket's mind:

Like # people like this
Darline Auguste
Community Manager
December 4, 2020

Does a partner count as a pet? 🤣

I don't have any furry friends but my bestie has a cat that I will one day steal. His name is Ayvar and he's a fluffy pile of sweetness:

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-04 at 18.24.19.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-04 at 18.24.19 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-04 at 18.31.10.jpeg

Like # people like this
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2020

Pretty kitty!

Like Darline Auguste likes this
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2020

>Does a partner count as a pet?

1. Do they constantly get underfoot?
  2. Do they expect to be fed at certain times and get very cranky when it deviates?
  3. Do they make a mess of your house?
  4. Do they maintain eye contact while performing intimate personal grooming?
  5. Do you love them anyway?

If the answer to any of the above is yes, then a partner definitely counts as a pet!

Like # people like this
nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2020

😂😂😂 +1 @Darline and Esther 

Like Darline Auguste likes this
Darline Auguste
Community Manager
December 7, 2020

LOL @Esther Strom my partner qualifies and I can't wait to prove it to him with this list 😂

Like # people like this
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2020

Love all the pics ❤️

Miss our doxie lady Trixie 😍 but always in our heart

Had wonderful 17 years with her

On the second pic you see her favorite place for drinking in the garden - bathtub for rainwater normally her water had to be changed like every two hours 😅

FE8B5890-B45A-4ABF-8FAE-D079631228A0.jpegAF9F568B-A623-43D3-A426-9E9C71846048.jpeg

Like # people like this
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2020

This is my clowder... 

Clowder1.jpg

Clowder2.jpg

Clowder4.jpg

This is one of their supervised visits to the back yard. They come back inside when I tell them. All of them have caught lizards out there.

Clowder3.jpg

We first had the tuxedo cat and the brown tabby. The all black one was actually in the cage with the tuxedo and is the brother of him. MONTHS later, we saw him still in a cage and I could not leave him still living in there. He is a very shy cat and took work to socialize but he has the nicest personality. The orange one was a recent addition from a colleague that found her new S/O was allergic to cats. I say get a new S/O but she asked if we could take him...

Like # people like this
Tom Kakanowski December 4, 2020

My 25lb buddy Awsomo (Maine Coon) hanging out during a recent redecoration of our living room.  He tends to like places where he may not necessarily fit...

Awsomo Redecorating.jpg

Like # people like this
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2020

I think my orange one is a Maine Coon, @Tom Kakanowski ... He has the markings and other attributes as well as he is 18 months old and as large or larger than the other adult cats.

Like Tom Kakanowski likes this
BiancaE
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2020

Aww @Deepanshu Natani your Buddy has the same color markings as my Barley! And my Bruce likes to relax just like Lisa haha

20201025_075054.png20200815_150034 (1).jpg

Like # people like this
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 5, 2020

Wow! that's awesome 

timmy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2020

kitten_pic_1.png

I don't have any pets but here is a kitten!

Like # people like this
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
December 4, 2020

My little Furbaby is Furgus, he is 13 weeks old and an Irish Setter :)

20201025_122655.jpg

In case you don't know Irish setters are 200MPH dogs, common memes of them go like this >> 

413474803d870c2db18ea5ffab134eec.jpg

he likes to....

Chew on everything:

20201115_180431.jpg

Sleep with his head on the hard floor and butt on the pillow.

20201101_160449.jpg20201123_121935.jpg

And get into trouble with his partner in crime:

20201202_163127.jpg20201118_104235.jpg

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2020

@Earl McCutcheon our Border Collie/German Shepherd is exactly the same way... beds are for butts only my head will be fine on the floor :D

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this
nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2020

Furgus is soooooo cute ☺️
I am petless, but one day an Aussiedor will live here ☺️

5D175067-2B54-4577-9120-546FF130AE19.jpeg

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 6, 2020

I don't have a pet at the moment, but I did hang out with my friend's kitty this week:

meg.jpg

Like # people like this
Kyren Wong
Atlassian Team
December 7, 2020

Omg all these majestic animals really do make me feel the feels ✨💕😭 adding my bffl to the thred because i've found myself spending my every waking moment w her 

unnamed.jpg

Like # people like this
Deleted user December 10, 2020

Murchik likes playing GTA V

2020-12-10 13.42.05.jpg

Like # people like this
Kathy Hart
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 14, 2020

I have 3 cats, but only 2 of them will allow photographs. 

Casper on arm.jpg

Casper, the old man, helping me work, i.e. laying on my arm so I can't use my mouse or type. 

Hera small tree.jpg

Hera critiquing the holiday decorations. 

Like # people like this
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 14, 2020

I also have one that lays on me whilst trying to work. Also, how long until said holiday decorations are no longer where you carefully put them?

Like Kathy Hart likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
December 15, 2020

@Kathy Hart I love that pic of Hera! So sweet!

Alice
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2020

We are super late, but I love all the photos of your pets!

Here is Trilly, she's 8 years old and she likes to sleep as you can see 😄

IMG_20201211_130826.jpg

Like # people like this
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2020

I am not sure who the quote is by or if I have it wholly correct but, "A cat observes the world through closed eyelids"

Alice
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2020

@Mike Rathwell haha that's true!

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2020

Out family is petless right now but we will be picking our puppy up from the breeder is February.  I will share puppy photos then.  

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 2, 2021

My cat with name Sergio 

image.png

Other photo is here: https://www.instagram.com/sergioatlassian/

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events