Friday Fun: Obscure Facts About Where You Grew Up

Natausha April 29, 2019

What is something that as you've gotten older you realize is unique to your home town/state?

While not 100% unique to my state, it wasn't until I moved south that I found out that swimming in lakes isn't something everyone does. I grew up in the Great Lakes state where nearly everyone swims in the lakes. Then I moved to Florida...do not swim in lakes in Florida! 😅 

P.S. I'm sorry it's late! I got home from a last minute work trip to a very sick child and this completely slipped my mind! 😫

5 comments

Comment

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 29, 2019

Walking around with no shoes on in town was not considered a sign of poverty or a lack of self-respect, or anything else with negative connotations.

Our city streets are also quite clean with no gum on them. You can walk around and not end up with very dirty feet unlike many places.

Like Natausha likes this
Jens Iwanenko April 30, 2019

I grew up in a city that is (well... was) the only place in Germany where you could buy panzerotti. They're deep fried calzone pizzas. It took me a good 20 years or more to realize, that you won't get this culinary delicatesse anywhere else in the vicinity. Today, they are somewhat wider spread throughout Germany, but the popularity that kebab and gyros pita have built up over pizza-to-go has panzerotti at a disadvantage.

250px-Panzerotti-01

Like Natausha likes this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2019

I think something unique about my Island is our red soil and red sandy beaches, most everywhere else in Canada has brown. The deep red soil of PEI is the result of a high concentration of iron oxides in the rock.  red soil.jpg

Like Kat Warner likes this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 26, 2019

What a pretty contract between the red and green.

Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2020

Moved from Minnesota to Texas, and there's just too many to mention. Yes, swimming in lakes is a big one. Also: ice fishing, hunting, and broomball.

Riley Brok August 1, 2023

Hiking is love. But that time I don't have any perfect shoes for hiking. :(

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events