Friday Fun: Mimicry!

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2021

Thanks @Jimmy Seddon for the invite for this week Friday fun! It was just a surprise post but I loved to contribute.

I hope you all are having a lovely Friday.  Now, the discussion topic for today is Mimicry!

If you are asked/you wish to/already done mimicry of someone then would you mind sharing your experiences with us?

1. Mimicry character
  2. A  background of your choice
  3. If you have already done then share your experience and reactions from audience
  4. Bonus Point - If you have any humorous photos/animations and if you don't mind sharing

Enjoy the rest of your day and wish you all a lovely weekend!

#TGIF

9 comments

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

Post a new discussion

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2021

If only I was good at imitating anyone but myself... 😅

Though I'm told I look like Seth Godin - yellow glasses, bald head.

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2021

I also have not tried imitating anyone.  Though I fell I need to pose the question back to you @Suvradip Paul , have you attempted Mimicry in the past? and do you have some fun photos to share? ;)

Like # people like this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon - I have tried many times starting from school days. I think the last time I tried Sheldon Cooper and it was fun. 

I need to check my drives and old albums if I find any recorded ones.

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 24, 2021

I like being myself too much to imitate anyone else.  I have been told I look like Gerard Butler if that counts for anything.

Like # people like this
Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
September 24, 2021

yeah, you do!

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 24, 2021

@Brant Schroeder but do you have the accent?

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2021

That's great @Brant Schroeder . Love to see something in Leonidas or Mike Banning Style.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2021

I could try but I doubt I could mimic the accent or even come close.

Like Suvradip Paul likes this
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2021

I love to imitate myself in cartoon version, in fact I use it as a background in my meetings

YO.jpg

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 24, 2021

That's awesome @Vero Rivas!

Like # people like this
Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 26, 2021

This is cool @Vero Rivas 

Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 27, 2021

Wow!  great job.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2021

I would like to try to mimic @Jack Brickey but I am too fat to pull off the skeleton. 

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 27, 2021

I would like to mimic someone, but I find it hard enough to be me... LOL.

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 27, 2021

@Marjorie  - Don't be afraid! I think it's fair, you can try in front of mirror too.

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 30, 2021

I always was in fond of people who could mimic others. I find very amusing that plenty of American and English actors/actresses can easily mimic others. I think it's a talent that can be taught and would be awesome if I could do that!

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 30, 2021

I always quote IT Crowd and I try to mimic the characters voices and mannerisms but it usually comes out awful :)

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 30, 2021

Don't be shy @Kristin Lyons . Just try it!

Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 6, 2021

I love to imitate is Khaby Lame, he has become famous for disproving the most absurd life hacks on social networks.

The mimicry is simple....but I love it! 

khaby-really.gif

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 6, 2021

Thanks for haring @Paloma Fondon Araujo , he is a gem and his expressions... omg! If you too tired after busy day it acts like that beverage back at home.  

Like Paloma Fondon Araujo likes this
Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 6, 2021

hahaha he expresses a lot with very little, he's great!

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 6, 2021

Absolutely!

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

Post a new discussion

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events