Did you mean: 

Friday Fun: Magic Eyes

Viewing page 2 of 2

34 comments

Comment

Sebastien Jacques
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2018

OK - I have to stop starring at these pictures! It's worse than being drunk!
... or maybe, it would actually help? ;-)

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2018

Yeah @Sebastien Jacques if you are tired of reading text you can always get here for a small eyes training :) BTW - Do you see a hidden image (the last in my initial post)? That is the best training ;)

Sebastien Jacques
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2018

@Mirek, I saw the hidden image on day 1: it is still my favorite!

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 5, 2018

OK.. Lets see now how many of you need glasses (or understand that your brain not always see what you think it see) :) .. Optical Illusion can reveal this. Below are few pictures of static images on which most of you probably see all details and be able to recognize what is on it .. take a look..

We have Albert Einstein..  

273E17A100000578-3024005-image-m-28_1428022271186.jpg

.. a dolphin on the beach..

273E179D00000578-3024005-image-m-45_1428023878074.jpg

4 faces with different emotions..

273E248F00000578-3024005-image-a-39_1428022747926.jpg

.. a woman that is having different (cat) skin on the right..

273E170100000578-3024005-image-a-43_1428023030946.jpg

and a picture of a man with sections and numbers on his head..

273E248200000578-3024005-image-a-41_1428022796302.jpg

Nothing special, right? :) .. Are you sure? Stand up and get few steps back from your screen and take a look again on every picture :) .. What you see now? :D Is it still Einstein and a dolphin? :) Is the woman still angry or maybe no longer so? :)

If you need a longer distance to reveal this mean that maybe you do not need glasses, but if this relatively small distance maybe it is time to visit opticians (or confirm that you are using glasses) :)

Like Karen O'Keefe likes this
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 25, 2018

Here's another fun one.  The rectangular blocks are actually parallel...

tilting-table.gif

Like # people like this
Deleted user July 25, 2018

ah, that really does not look parallel at all. 

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 25, 2018

Ooooh - I love/hate that one!

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2018

My favorite "optical delusions" are the ones that trick the brain into seeing what isnt there and that can be explained by sciency stuff. Stare at the black cross for a few seconds. Eventually, two things happen...

lilacChaser_lilac.gif

First, you'll start to see a green dot chasing the lilac circle. That's caused by a shadow on your retina from the lilac dots. 

Second, after a bit longer the lilac dots disappear and you're left with a green dot moving around the circle. This the "Troxler Effect"  causing your subconscious to ignore blurry, stationary images as if they weren't there.

https://blog.visme.co/best-optical-illusions/

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 6, 2018

i need to go detox after this....

Like Mirek likes this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 6, 2018

Woow amazing! Green Dot first then a lot of green dots just by starring at the "+" sign

Karen O'Keefe February 4, 2019

I'm so excited! I've never been able to see a Magic Eye image...until the one above! Hallelujah!

Like Monique vdB likes this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2019

I love this post so much! The one that you have to almost go crossed eyed to see it (colourful image above) is it the A in Atlassian or a sailboat? They used to have posters at the boardwalk when I was a kid and we would go around to each of them and see how many seconds it would take to see the image. Those are my favourite.

As for the coloured dress, that is so neat how everyone sees something different. I couldn't understand it until I saw these sneakers, I saw pink and white and then all of a sudden they changed colour before my eyes! 

mint-and-gray-or-pink-and-white.jpg

Also love that ballerina posted above, so neat how our eyes and brain play tricks on us.

Like Karen O'Keefe likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 28, 2019

They are pink and white. 

...right?

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2019

green and  gray?

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 29, 2019

I see them as both, they start out green and gray, and then all of a sudden pink and white! Our eyes/brains play magical tricks on us!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 28, 2019

I still think of this thread every time I see an optical illusion! Here is a really cool one from Twitter

And all the balls in this picture are the same color:

FB_IMG_1561698158827.jpg

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2019

I am sure I saw three colors, red, green, purple.

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 29, 2019

I see those colours too Ollie, and the lines are blue, green, and red.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 30, 2019

@Ollie Guan & @Jodi LeBlanc  same here, I see balls in Green, Purple, and Red.

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2019

Thanks @Monique vdB for still thinking about the thread :)

I think this is very important part of our nature. Our eyes (minds) see things different things so this should be a information that even that we are sure about something it might be not true as it looks..

Anyway I also see balls in 3 colors on this :)

Tim Keyes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2020

Hi @Mirek ,

Awesome post.  This was a great idea for Fun Friday.  I had a couple of books with some of these images growing up :)

Like Mirek likes this
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 4, 2021

I noticed this cool mural on a building. Great idea and a cool illusion!

general.jpg

Like # people like this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 4, 2021

This is stunning!!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events