Friday Fun: Let's talk about our quirks!

Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 19, 2020

First of all, @Monique vdB : Happy Birthday! Hope you have a fantastic year ahead :)

giphy   

We went slightly 'off-topic' :P 

I genuinely believe that everyone is 'weird' in their own beautiful way.

I am weird to some and normal to none ;) 

Here are some of my quirks:

- I cry when I'm nervous

- When I write something, I NEED it to be formatted and edited properly before I can move on to my next sentence - which is a big no-no for a content writer, you should never write and edit at the same time. (I just did it again)

- I snort when I laugh, then laugh harder

giphy

Now, tell me about your quirks! :D

P.S.: With all the seriousness around, I just think this could be a good laugh :) 

8 comments

Comment

Dharma Ramos
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2020

Every time I leave my house, I have to go back and check that I locked the door and every time I leave my desk at work, I have to go back and check that I locked my screen. I can try to narrate to myself what I am doing in the hopes that I don't feel the compulsion to go back and check and I still have to go back and check.

Like # people like this
Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 20, 2020

@Dharma Ramos things we do for our peace of mind! I get you :) 

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
March 20, 2020

Thanks for the birthday wishes @Poorvi Jhawar!

I love this topic. One of my quirks is that if someone* opens my Entertainment Weekly magazine before I've read it, it's "ruined" and I can no longer truly enjoy reading it. 

*My husband, who somehow respects this even though it makes no sense. 

Like # people like this
Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
March 20, 2020

Hahahah, thats so funny! 

So you need to take the plastic off yourself? How do you find out if someone has read it or not? 

#quirkytogether

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
March 20, 2020

@Poorvi Jhawar there's no plastic involved! If I see him looking at it or I know he looked at it, that's enough for me!

Like Poorvi Jhawar likes this
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2020

Happy birthday @Monique vdB 

happy birthday GIF

I can't have anyone else (at all) make a sandwich for me - ever! My husband and I have been together since 2011 and he's never made me a sandwich! Even when I'm ill, he'll bring everything in on a tray so that I can make it myself! No idea why, just can't happen!

Like # people like this
Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
March 20, 2020

Hahahaha, I have to admit, I'm somewhat like that. It's not a compulsion, but definitely would prefer it. :P 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2020

I see that

.  I am happy to eat in most restaraunts - they're paid to cook well.  I am happy to eat food cooked by myself, Chrissy, Chrissy's mother or my mother, without question - it's going to be good (unless I have a bad day and only deliver "ok")

Anyone else in my extended family is a big "nope" (although there's a question over my brother-in-law because he feeds us a lot of some absoluletly superb wines before we eat what he has cooked)

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 20, 2020

I can't stand for a second any crumbs/spots/hair or another random item on my clothes. But the interesting part is -  if I'm talking to someone and notice even one tiny little cat hair on its clothes, it's over.

All my attention is focused there, and we and up in "Sorry, but I have to remove this from you to keep this conversation going." I guess it's a bit annoying to people who don't know me.  :D

Like # people like this
Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
March 20, 2020

@Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ No crumbs/hair/spots talking to you then :P 

This must be a toughie when talking to someone for the first time. But it's so much better to just say it, than not pay attention to what they have to say. At least in my opinion :P

Community Leader
Community Leader
March 20, 2020

Yes yes :)

At the end is always funny, which make things just about right 😌

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2020

LOL! @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ you and I are going to have so much trouble if we meet in person.  Two dogs made me give up on trying to get every last hair off my clothing ages ago.

Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2020

So you can imagine how THIS character of my personality fits with a cat (when I had one) and the love of wearing black :D 

I can switch to Hair Remover-er as a professional career path.

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2020

Same as Dharma mentioned above me, when I lock the car, I have to go back and check if it is really locked - same with my apartment. If I don't do that, I am really nervous for couple of minutes, then I forget about it haha.

Like # people like this
Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
March 22, 2020

@Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_ 

Hahahah, me too. I worry about for sometime, then on to my next distraction :P

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2020

I meant to post on this thread on Friday :( 

I am the product of a right-handed father and a left-handed mother. 

There are some things I can only do right handed such as writing or drawing (and even drawing in general I don't do very well). 

There are some things I can only do left-handed like any stick sports (swinging a bat/golf club/hockey stick). 

And, there are some things I'm ambidextrous at such as eating with cutlery, I can switch between either hand, which is really helpful at family functions where most of my family is right-handed and most of my wife's family is left-handed.

Like # people like this
Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
March 23, 2020

@Jimmy Seddon So is my brother, and I have seen the benefits. Hahahah! Unfortunately, I can't do anything with my left hand -_- 

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Vinod Ramadoss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2020

This is a good one @Poorvi Jhawar 

Although i got few of them, let me stick to food.

When eating any dish i first start with the part of the dish which least interests me and save the delicious part for the last.

For eg: while eating a pizza, i first eat away the outer crust , then focus my attention on the cheesy part :)

Like # people like this
Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
March 25, 2020

Hahaha, I do that with a sandwich, I eat off the crust and then the middle at the last :P 

Like Vinod Ramadoss likes this
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 25, 2020

Sometimes I extremely irritated with 'pickers'  (I mean my wife and cat) in the kitchen when I am cooking a meal. 

But mostly I do cooking in workshops :)

OucYYgEaBm4.jpg

Like # people like this
Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
March 25, 2020

Wow! you look like a professional

Like Gonchik Tsymzhitov likes this
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 26, 2020

Sometimes I extremely irritated with 'pickers'  (I mean my wife and cat) in the kitchen when I am cooking a meal. 

Same here.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events