Friday Fun - Let’s Celebrate

Kathy Hart
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2021

The Atlassian community is worldwide and infinitely diverse. At this time of the year there are a wide variety of Holidays / Holy Days being celebrated around the world.

I know of several:

• Winter Solstice

• Christmas

• Hannukah

• Kwanza

• Pancha Ganapati

• Krampus

Broaden my education:

1. What are you celebrating?

2. What is your favorite traditional meal or food for this celebration?

3. What is your favorite traditional activity?

And have a happy, merry, or solemn celebration.

12 comments

Comment

Kathy Hart
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2021

To answer my own post: (is that the same as blowing your own horn?)

1. I celebrate Christmas 

2. We have the traditional turkey and ham dinner on Christmas, but my favorite food is my Mom's Christmas Mincemeat Squares. 

3. My favorite activity besides spending Christmas Day with my extended family, is going to Candlelight Service and singing lots of traditional Christmas songs. 

Hope you guys are all safe, warm, and enjoying your holidays. 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 23, 2021

Great post @Kathy Hart!

1. I also celebrate Christmas!

2. Family tradition, Christmas Eve still is and always has been finger foods (mini sausages, perogies, mini meatballs, cheese ball & crackers, etc.)  My Dad has always been the organist at the near by church (until he retired a couple of years ago) so Christmas Eve is many church services.  On Christmas day, we usually end up having roast beef.

3. Same with you I enjoy spending time with family (though mostly virtual the past couple of years :( ).  Outside of that we really enjoy getting out to go ice skating and come home to hot chocolate.

Like # people like this
Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
December 23, 2021

Ho ho ho.

1. What are you celebrating? Tis the season to slob - potato chips & videos

2. What is your favorite traditional meal or food for this celebration? cherries ... and potato chips

3. What is your favorite traditional activity? doing as little as possible in general, but I do like taking the time to open presents individually and everyone sharing in it, getting to ooo and aaaahhhh over what people get. Of course this only works if its an adults only affair, with children its a joyous free for all chaos

Like # people like this
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 23, 2021

1. Christmas

2. Asado con chimichurri

3. Spending time with family

Like # people like this
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 24, 2021

images.jpeg.jpg

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 24, 2021
  1. What are you celebrating?

• Hannukah (Really Chanukah, but most people have trouble with the CH- in Hebrew, so I'll stick to @Kathy Hart's usage of the word )

2. What is your favorite traditional meal or food for this celebration?

• Caramel Stuffed Donuts. Since the miracle being celebrated/commemorated happened with oil, the traditional foods are all oil-based. That being said, Hannukah is 8 days, so I have to be careful and throttle the intake if I want to see New Year's each year.
  3. What is your favorite traditional activity?

• I really enjoy lighting the menorah and singing the festive songs with my wife and kids by our front window. Just standing there together basking in the light of the menorah makes me feel like we're part of this long ancestry that kept this custom for 2000 years, and will continue to keep it long after we are all gone. It's a time for deep thought and inspiration (until the kids ask what gifts their getting that night - Adam Sandler was right, it really is 8 crazy nights!)
Like Kathy Hart likes this
Kathy Hart
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 24, 2021

Is the Hebrew CH one of those back of the throat sounds? (You can't type it.) But I do understand the sound. 

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 25, 2021

Exactly

Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
December 26, 2021

mmmmm caramel stuffed donuts

mmmm donuts.gif

Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 24, 2021

Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2021

Hi @Kathy Hart 

I celebrate christmas

Coming from an Italian-Spanish family, the Christmas meal is very different from the rest, the first course is a traditional Galician soup and the second course is an Italian lasagna.

In addition, almost always the menu is chosen by our daughter and we do not care what food she asks for, the important thing is to be together in good health

Cheers

Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2021
  1. What are you celebrating? Christmas

2. What is your favorite traditional meal or food for this celebration? Nothing.  We go un-traditional.  Lasagna this year!

3. What is your favorite traditional activity? Opening Christmas Stockings.

Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 28, 2021

@Kathy Hart interesting discussion....

What are you celebrating?

Traditionally, we are not celebrating anything but moving with the times we celebrate Christmas

What is your favorite traditional meal or food for this celebration?

Nothing traditional, but the meal is decided by my son (he is 5 years), and ensured that we had pizza this time around!!

What is your favorite traditional activity?

Well, we do have presents for my son bu apart from that getting up late and enjoying the cold weather :)

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 30, 2021
  1. What are you celebrating? Christmas and New Years!

2. What is your favorite traditional meal or food for this celebration? I just really like apple cider and sweets (mostly pecan pie)

3. What is your favorite traditional activity? We've started our own tradition of buying Dunkin's Munchkins on the Monday of Christmas week and calling it Munchkin Monday :D

Like # people like this
Kathy Hart
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 3, 2022

I LOVE DD Munchkins. What a great tradition. I'm gonna have to steal that one. 

Like Kristin Lyons likes this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 1, 2022
  1. Christmas 
  2. Pancit and rice
  3. Just sitting around on Christmas day with the family.
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events