Did you mean: 

Friday Fun: It's moving day!

Viewing page 2 of 2

29 comments

Comment

Kathy Hart
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2021

Great Topic!

When I was young we moved every 3 years, due to parents in the military, so I got ahead of the curve early. 

Total # of moves: 14 that I remember, and one of them to a different country. 

Last moved in 2019, leaving a house I had lived in for 16 years. That move was way overdue. And yes, I am already looking at my next move. 

I have dropped many items along the way. Military moving forces you to become good at paring down you the junk, especially when moving across the sea (freight weight becomes an issue). But there are certain books that always make the move at least in my adult moves.

Great thanks to all my friends and family who have assisted in moves in the past and who are onboard for the future ones. LOL

Like # people like this
Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2021

Hi @Dominic Lagger ,

Great topic for Friday Fun.

• How many times have you already moved? 6 times so far 
  • When was the last time you moved? 3 year back  ( I am Actually planning to move in couple of month :) )
  • Is there something that always has to go with you and is never thrown away, what is it? I carry Rubik's cube always when I move and never thrown it.

-Sri

Like Dominic Lagger likes this
Marshall Walker Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 30, 2021

@Dominic Lagger This year I'm turning 36. In the 18 years since I turned 18 I have moved 17 times. Holy cow. 

Like # people like this
Mixoponop March 14, 2023

I understand the struggle of downsizing your stuff, especially when the military is involved. But hey, at least it helps keep your place clutter-free, right? And I hear you on keeping certain items, like those trusty books that always make the cut. It's funny how attached we get to certain things, even if they're unnecessary. Anyway, I'm giving a shoutout to Door To Door Mover - they're the best regarding office moving. I've used them, and they made everything easy and stress-free. Good luck with the next one!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events